winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 16th, 2019, 02:00 PM

Corporal

chris h is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign save not loading

Campaign 10.

Just finish sceanrio 2 and saved it OK when it finished thus taking me to the next scenario. Having gone through the fixing units, selecting units and then deployment I save the game and quit.

The problem is the save does not open. When I try to do so it takes me directly to the 'Set Player control' screen which tells be I'm playing a human v human. I have tried saving in various slots, deleting old saves, closing the game reopening it even rebooting the computer nothing I do will load these saves.

The save at the end of scenario 2 does open (mostly) as does a first turn of scen 3. Just occasionally I get something similar with the end of scenario although I can overcome this problem by closing the game and reopening it. This trick does not work with the end of deploy save. I've had this before with some campaign saves.
Old March 16th, 2019, 02:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Campaign save not loading

I don't know what else to say except it sounds like you have a corrupted save file, Do you still have the save from the last time you ended the game?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 16th, 2019, 04:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I started that campaign and picked the middle normal path then ran the first game to a marginal victory.... I assume when you say you finished scenario 2 you mean the first real battle not the second battle after the set up scenario.
I finished scenario 2 then I went through the fixing units then deployment and then I saved and exited the game as you described.

When I restarted the save the screen showed ANZAC human and Italian Computer

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:02 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I don't know what else to say except it sounds like you have a corrupted save file, Do you still have the save from the last time you ended the game?
I've got both before and after both attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpSv008.zip (199.4 KB, 162 views)
File Type: zip SpSv009.zip (145.2 KB, 159 views)
Old March 17th, 2019, 03:07 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I started that campaign and picked the middle normal path then ran the first game to a marginal victory.... I assume when you say you finished scenario 2 you mean the first real battle not the second battle after the set up scenario.
I finished scenario 2 then I went through the fixing units then deployment and then I saved and exited the game as you described.

When I restarted the save the screen showed ANZAC human and Italian Computer

Don
Yes second proper one. Very strange and has happened before but restarting game usually fixes it. Note that I recently had to reinstall, not for this reason but it did occur prvious to the reinstall.
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There is definitely something odd going on there but I will need to know the exact route you took selecting the type of battle as this is a hugely complex campaign so I can see if I take the same steps you took if I can get the same result

What I found was not unlike what you described but with the second save what I ended up trying was just to go for it..... it came up Human Vs Human so I thought...... OK lets see what happens so I pressed Continue and a battle report screen appeared then I pressed continue and it was recorded as a draw.....there were no casualties, I bought support points and deployed then saved, restarted and everything was back to normal..... Human ANZAC / Italian Computer

I'd like to know the exact path you took but for now I would say just continue on with save 9 and it should do what I described then you can continue

Old March 17th, 2019, 01:39 PM

Corporal

On the short opening I took the middle path Nortmal I beleive.

Followed the recommendation about art for the first and completed around turn 85, A draw by the way.

Completed the second, you have hte save.

I've now worked through the third using the first turn save etc.

During it I knew there was something wrong when the description says upto three enemy companies attacking in waves and it didn't happen. I've finished and everything saves as it should for the next scenario.

He's a pic of the enemy roster along with end of scenario save. As you can see many units simply did not appear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 2.JPG (82.8 KB, 172 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpSv010.zip (200.7 KB, 169 views)
Old March 18th, 2019, 07:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Campaign save not loading

I followed the same path you mentioned-- I took the middle path.. got a draw on the first real battle ( we can force the game to give the results we want to test for in our development game) so I followed the same basic path you took as best I could and did not recreate the situation where the game offered me a human Vs Human game that resulted in a draw when played

There are 67 battle text files in this campaign and 67 battle DAT files meaning there are multiple branches for each battle and the progressions from one battle to the next are somewhat convoluted and "somewhat convoluted" and " fiendishly clever" are either/or phrases when describing this campaign that on average involve three branches for each battle depending on the victory you get or loss you take and in some cases a draw and decisive victory get you one battle but a MARGINAL get you another meaning the only way two players can get the same results from that campaign is to get the EXACT same battle outcomes with each battle they play assuming they both took the same branch on the start up battle but the whole point of setting a campaign up in this way is to ensure no two players get the exact path through it or also , on re-playing this campaign it is equally unlikely the same player will get the same results twice

There are 2 that mention "..multiple waves of Italian attacks from the W, NW, and N direction"

10 and 12

If you pick the middle path on the start up battle you get a decisive victory and move on to scenario in campaign slot #2..... if you get a draw in that one you go to the scenario in campaign slot 6

If you get a Marginal defeat or a draw in that battle you move to the scenario in slot 10 but if you get a victory in that battle you move onto 12 and both of those mention "multiple waves of Italian attacks "

So the bottom line is I have not been able to recreate what happened to you but "playing" that one that came up Human Vs Human will give you an automatic draw and " reset" it back to a Human vs AI campaign and right now the best answer I can give you is accept that and move on

Last edited by DRG; March 18th, 2019 at 07:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 18th, 2019, 06:28 PM

Corporal

Already done so. Thanks for the effort.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris h For This Useful Post: