.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:42 PM

Corporal

clomaka is on a distinguished road
Default device to force transposing?

I'm looking for a way to make a device warp you to Haven when used. (or any randon star would work, for my purposes)
Anyone know that might work? I've looked at the TPOS command, but it looks like it needs a)a flotilla already at the star you want to go to, and b)the user to manually pick the star. I'm looking for a way to hard code those two steps so that they're unseen when you play.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Corporal

Phlagm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: device to force transposing?

I don't think it's doable. I've not had much luck doing anything with movement of ships or fleets that's not expressly done for a quest in the game.

I wanted to make a bunch of away missions where you could opt to explore or not (like the underdelve). If you explore, sometimes bad things happen (which could be mitigated by having certain items or ships in your fleet) and sometimes good things happen, and sometimes special quests would be launched.

The first thing is that I could get that to happen with a YSNO button in the main window, so the aesthetics were a little damaged for me right away. But secondly, I wanted a pirate fleet to ambush you sometimes if you went in (leaving you in that old Star Trek conundrum of having aliens attack you while you have people down on the planet). I tried everything including giving the pirate fleet hyperdrives, initializing them off planet, and then making your mission take enough time for them to charge up and reach you. No ships ever arrive.

Hehe, EWW would have about 10x the quests it does now if half the stuff I tried were viable.