.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the Mappers Wishlist

ah dammit I just wanted to ask about it (my niefelheim giant prov (which I was asking all those questions about) on the wrap around water map kinda needed - 3 cold scales..)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

There are some notes thru this thread that can help you.

There are sites which affect temperature of the province

And you can set scales for a nation by map commands but the map commands also have to put it in the game as an AI. It will unfortunately show as a player option for selection but once the game is created on that map it will ignore their choice and make it AI.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road

I have not read the entire thread, but i would love to be able to code a map so that a castle could not be build on certain provinces.
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Hmmmmm Should that be castles only or all structures?
I guess only castles. I would cry to find a supersweet magic site offering me a lab goodie and not be able to build a lab there. So something like...
#nocastle
or maybe yet another bit? (I hope not. I hate math and I cringe at more bits.)

I wonder if it would be too much overhead to ask for a server setting for this also.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I would like for #god to be split to #godai which means "add this god only if AI player".
I suppose we would also need an ai version for scales also. At the moment, using a #god in the map forces the change on both AI and players.
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Some commands to set actions when placing units. Such as #hide and #instill and maybe #seduce. But mostly hide.
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

I made a map recently and while testing I noticed that #randomequip is really unreliable command. At richness 4 [max] it can either give slave collar + ring of water breathing or 4 artifacts...

I think we could use a new command [or adjust #randomequip to work like that, I think most people expect it to work that way]:
#randomput - with rich 0-4:
0 - randomly fill ALL item slots on a commander with trinkets
1 - with items up to const2 level
2 - with items up to const4 level
3 - with items up to const6 level
4 - with items up to const8 level

Also other command that could work well would be #comtype - setting a purpose of commander, with options:
- melee: if he has magic skills, he casts spells up to max 50 fatigue and goes into melee [if not possible, just going to melee without casting would be fine]
- evocator - casts offensive spells
- summoner - spams summons, like skelly spam, elemental spam
- buffer - casts buff spells on troops
[if those 3 not possible, simple 'spellcaster' would work too, it would be even better if it could affect what items commander will get from #randomput]

I'd really like to see that first command to be implemented, best if in next patch. Because as for now, if we want some balanced and solid gear, we have to place all items by hand [which is a nightmare if you have multiple commanders to gear].

LA Agartha guide
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I re-noticed the #cannotwin command, which is pretty cool.
But I really could also use a #cannotlose (nation-number). It would help in some scenarios and in testing. Also might make a nice server feature. Sometimes I need a nation to remain in the game until its over even if its just to be able to enter the game and check on some things from the inside, get a map view, grab an image of the scores graphs, send messages to everyone, etc.
Old January 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

I would love it if a map made from an image by the map editor had the data for each province seperated from that of the other provinces, to make it easier to begin making modifications to the map file... I don't even want to think how painful it would be doing that for a 1500 province map.
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Im not sure what you mean but there have been many programs written to "pretty up" the .map file to various peoples preferences. There may already be one, or one might be easily done for what you want.
PM me.