BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 24th, 2018, 09:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arty penalty

About the only time I have trouble with overload is virtually every time I do a scenario involving the Soviets

Tho it occasionally comes up on smaller scenarios where there is extensive air support.

As an example if you did something similar to the "We Were Soldiers" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Were_Soldiers and tried to cover the while battle you'd run into problems with air support because unlike artillery/mortars they're a one use item so you'd need to have a ton and they count as "artillery".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old September 25th, 2018, 04:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
About the only time I have trouble with overload is virtually every time I do a scenario involving the Soviets

Tho it occasionally comes up on smaller scenarios where there is extensive air support.

As an example if you did something similar to the "We Were Soldiers" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Were_Soldiers and tried to cover the while battle you'd run into problems with air support because unlike artillery/mortars they're a one use item so you'd need to have a ton and they count as "artillery".
According to the GG for Version 7.0 released April 2013, " Air units or ADA do not count as artillery points, only mortars, howitzers etc. that can fire indirectly. Ammo resupply units do count as artillery points, as they are a human use only unit against the AI." Or has another patch superseded that one?
Old September 25th, 2018, 06:56 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Ammo resupply units do count as artillery points, as they are a human use only unit against the AI." Or has another patch superseded that one?
Interesting. I didn't know this. Not that it ever would affect me as I tend to go relatively light on number of artillery units. Still, thanks for the info.
Old September 25th, 2018, 01:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Quote:

According to the GG for Version 7.0 released April 2013, " Air units or ADA do not count as artillery points, only mortars, howitzers etc. that can fire indirectly. Ammo resupply units do count as artillery points, as they are a human use only unit against the AI." Or has another patch superseded that one?
This is how the game is currently. As i said, I will be taking Suhir's suggestion that overload should not apply in scenario games.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old September 25th, 2018, 02:01 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If you are planning a massed programmed fire in a scenario - use the general support level of arty, they cost about 50% of regular arty and are precisely for that use case, as the extra delay does not factor in for programmed fires.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old September 25th, 2018, 06:06 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Not in front of my computer but pretty sure air does not count with regard to artillery overload.
Old September 25th, 2018, 07:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It does not count to overload

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 25th, 2018, 10:09 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It does not count to overload
I stand corrected !

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein