BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:37 AM

Corporal

Palle is on a distinguished road
Default Danish TO & E

I noticed that the Danish TO & E is a bit dated.
Though you now include the Jægerkorps at least, it is not a very accurate depiction (understandably so as they are not too keen on publicity, but the past 5 years has seen some more openness- in Danish texts), and the DANCON/ISAF, DANCON/IRAQ and DANCON/KFOR seems to have been left out entirely.

In order for this to not be just me complaining, I offer to share what I have come across should you be interested and add my thanks for a great and generally well-researched (free!) game.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Danish TO & E

Post what you have and I'll look into it

Don
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM

Corporal

I also notice that the CVG90 IFV can carry 10 men. It can in fact only carry 7 and the groups to use them are being reorganised to six for that reason.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM

Corporal

Quick disrepancies for DANCON.

I may be mistaken, but I seem to not find the Light Reconaissance Squadrons anywhere (1. LOPESK of Musa Quala fame for example).

Since at least 2006 the HMGs on the GDs (Geländewagens) and Eagles have been equipped with Night Vision- All Weather goggles (source Lars Ulslev Johannesen "De danske Tigre, Cph 2008), as has Platoon commanders and up. From 2009 all troops in DANCON ISAF have supposedly recieved it, though not all at once. Source Forsvarskommandoen.

I do not know what effect it has on the "radio" stat of the DANCON forces, but since 2006 at least they have all had Bowman PRRs.

The Danish Snipers were only Home Guard until 2002 (from 1966 on equipped with a modified H & K G3 labelled M66), from 2002- 2006 we had none (except the ones in Jægerkorpset who worked only within the frame of the Jæger Patrols). There may have been Snipers back in the days, but from 1988- 2006 the Army had none. Then from 2006 we started training snipers within the framework of the army, there are not very many and all in DANCON or training for it. They work with a spotter and employ the Sako TRG 42 .338 Lapua Magnum as the M82 has been found to be inaccurate above 500 m. Only the Engineers and Navy employ the M82 these days, for detonating mines at a distance.

from 2009 onwards a replacement of the C7 (labelled M95 here) with the C7A2 (M08) here will be taking place (Source). Pictures from Afghanistan has shown some in use as early as 2006.

Denmark has also purchased the Bofors FH77BD "Archer", but AFAIK none has arrived yet, they should during this "Forsvarsforlig 2010- 2014" (Source).

The "Raven" UAS Drone has been in service since 2008/09, 9 with the Army, 2 with the Jægerkorps and one with the Frømandskorps (Danish SEALs).

I am not certain that the game engine figures in personal body armour, but the DANCON has a pretty good one, so if it does it should be figured in.

From 2009/10 the Eagle Is of the LOPESK has been gradually replaced by Eagle IVs carrying only 3 men, much to the dismay of the users. 1. LOPESK started training with them in 2009 and is, I believe, currently deployed with them in Helman.

The Diemaco LSW is replacing the good old MG3, much to the dismay of the troops on the ground and there is talk of replacing it with a better one. I will have to look into whether the Minimi or MG4 will replace it or even if it will, but the troops are not happy with the LSW and prefer to bring the MG3. problem is that they are wearing out after years of faithful service.

I have seen videos of the Milkor MGL32 in action with DANCON in Afghanistan, but been unable to determine whether it is an "official purchase" or a loan from another unit in Camp Bastion that has them, such can happen in wars.

The Jæger Patrols were a bit more versatile in weaponry than depicted, largely because they have a wider range of weapons to chose from. Patrols of 5 men used C7/C8 as their main weapon- some with m203s, H & K MSG90 for sniping and H & K 23E- H & K 21E and Diemaco LSW for LSW. They also use the MG3 and the MP5. For anti-material, they experiemnted with the M82, but found the Accuracy International AW 50 more precise at longer ranges. These days they also use the Sako TRG 42 .338 Lapua Magnum for sniping. Like the rest of the Army they used Carl Gustaf against armour, fortifications, etc. if needed, but this has largely been replaced with the AT4. For opening soft doors they use either a Mossberg500 or a small explosive charge, and all Patrols has an explosives expert in it- and often several Claymores.

I do not know when they got Night Vision- All Weather goggles, but long before anyone else, my guess would be from 1990 at the latest. I saw some around then and was impressed.

I dunno how much and how this can be included.

The original Jæger Patrol was 5 men during the cold war. but since 2002 it has gradually been growing to ~8 from 2005 to be able to solve the different challenges of Afghanistan and Iraq. It has no fixed number available to the public, but I know that Patrols of 8 has been employed in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hope this brief summary helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Palle For This Useful Post:
Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Info on what makes up a "Light Reconaissance Squadron", when it entered the TO&E and if it's composition has changed since it was first used as a formation would be helpful as would details on what a "Light Reconaissance Platoon" would comprise of

Don
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM

Corporal

I shall see what I can do.

A brief summary from memory of 1. LOPESK as described in Lars Ulslev Johansen's "De Danske Tigre", Lars commanded 1. LOPESK at Musa Qala, 2006.

Commander in Eagle I
Second in Command in Eagle I
Forward Air Observer(s) in GD

1st Platoon in 7 Eagle 1
2nd Platoon in GD (I think GD27)
3rd Platoon in Eagle 1

Each pltaoon had a Piranha ambulance as well I believe and the staff segment included a logistical and maintenance section as well as a doctor. I will have to search for their vehicles and exact composition. I also have to check how many men each vehicle held and whether they had any infantry squads integrated. I believe they did/do.

Today the Eagle Is would be Eagle IVs and the GD27s would be GD270 CDI or28s, both are better armed and armoured.

Edited to add that 1. LOPESK is slightly reinforced compared to the other LOPESKs, I have to check their TO & E as well.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 05:55 PM

Corporal

And it seems that the LOPESK also have 30 Toyota Landcruisers available, rebuilt and armoured to withstand small arms fire, mines and IEDs but still looking civilian and thus making it easier to get the populace to feel closer to the guys. I am unaware where they are deployed, but I would expect Afghanistan.

It should also be added that all DANCON personel are professional soldiers and train for a year or more before being sent, and that many go for more than one tour down there. They are, in effect, the elite of the Danish army, especially the LOPESKs, I would consider giving them the appropriate morale bonus, whatever that would be. I would say 5.
Old October 4th, 2010, 04:04 AM

Private

croach is on a distinguished road

While we're on this:
1. The M41-DK1 (unit number 004) icon (icon number 365) has a M24 hull.
2. Several of the Danish Centurion Mk 5s (units 006, 015, 016,017,018) have the Centurion Mk 2 icon.
The Following User Says Thank You to croach For This Useful Post:
Old October 4th, 2010, 08:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There will be a new version of the M41-DK1 in the next upgrade

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Corporal

Sorry to have been so slow. I lost my beloved ferret in the meantime, and the information one can track down is contradictory, fragmentary and, not too detailed.

I will try and write the Danish army or the commander of 1. LOPESK at Musa Qalah on Facebook.