The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Ibology > Approaching Infinity

Old December 26th, 2014, 01:46 PM

Corporal

JimSB is on a distinguished road
Default Lab Success - where are the schematics?

Several times I have done some lab experiments based on a disassembled item and it says I successfully discovered the schematic, but the item does not show up on the crafting screen for assembly. I admit I only did one line of the test, do you need multiple lines to get the ability to craft the item?
Old December 26th, 2014, 05:30 PM

Private

Kazeto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lab Success - where are the schematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSB View Post
Several times I have done some lab experiments based on a disassembled item and it says I successfully discovered the schematic, but the item does not show up on the crafting screen for assembly. I admit I only did one line of the test, do you need multiple lines to get the ability to craft the item?
I'll start by asking this: you are aware that once you get enough recipes you have to switch pages in crafting to see them all, right?

I'm asking because it had taken me some time to realise that there is more than just one page and before I had realised that I'd spent time wondering where are some of the recipes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazeto For This Useful Post:
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Corporal

JimSB is on a distinguished road

Thank You - I now see the litte arrows at the top of the screen.

On a similar note, is there a way in the Pawn shop to get to some of the equipment near the bottom of the list? The sale only seems to go down to "P", while some of the equipment I want to sell is below this. Also, if you pick up more than one of a particular type of item, can you see that you have multiple copies? In some cases I don't want to sell all of them.

Thanks
Old December 27th, 2014, 10:45 AM

Private

Kazeto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On a similar note, is there a way in the Pawn shop to get to some of the equipment near the bottom of the list? The sale only seems to go down to "P", while some of the equipment I want to sell is below this.
Hmm ... no idea about that one, honestly. I have to say I never really tried as by the time I reached the point where I had that much equipment, I'd already had a minor fortune and a “fully-equipped” trading ship so I didn't have to use the pawn shop and just dismantled all the junk for crafting materials (unless that particular item sold for a minor fortune, but as you only really have to check that with heavy weapons, reactors, warp drives, and certain devices, it wasn't hard to leave those when junking the rest until I could check).

Mind you, the only thing that is consistently on the bottom are the artefacts, which generally aren't something you want to sell (unless you need to get rid of a negative-effect one), so unless you are keeping a bajilion of equipment pieces or devices (which is not really necessary, to be honest; outside of the away-team devices there are only a few that are worth keeping “in reserve” and once you max the crafting cost skill “in reserve” equals “just have the materials ready”).

Therefore, though it's not really a solution to your problem, I say dismantle anything you aren't using that you do not yet have a blueprint for, then sell anything that is left that sells for much coinage, and then dismantle the rest of it; keep the artefacts and things like hand-scanner and the walker modules for the away-team (outside of those the artefacts substitute for) as those generally are useful and depending on how lucky you get with planets you might be using them a lot (mostly the mountain walker and hand-scanner; the rest are optional but those two are a blessing), and stuff like cargo module (if not having one equipped) and warp breach module (optional, though; isn't strictly necessary if your ship's weaponry and sensors make it a death star as there's no need for an evacuation device if you never need to run away). You might want to keep one piece of certain equips if you are using them interchangeably, but that one pretty much only applies to the away-team stuff, really.

PS. If you really need coinage, assuming you have some if not all crafting skills (the crafting efficiency one especially, as maxing that one means you pay only 2 rather than 5 of each ingredient when crafting), mix stuff in the lab until you can craft heavy weapons and sell those. That stuff goes for so much I think it's plated with platinum.

Quote:
Also, if you pick up more than one of a particular type of item, can you see that you have multiple copies? In some cases I don't want to sell all of them.
Open the cargo listing. Any devices you have multiple copies of will have “(amount)” appended to their names. Not quite on the selling screen, but since you can view both at the same time, it's a relatively minor issue (in my opinion, that is), even if it can be annoying before you figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kazeto For This Useful Post: