.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 6th, 2010, 06:12 AM

Private

a_ver_est is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A runamia AAR

Eight Battle ( Meeting engagement - 48 turn - visibility 22 )

Pre-Battle:

With the arrival of the winter army logistics become a chaos. Division HQ reclaimed our heavy trucks. Those had been a key part of the battalion allowing archive deception many times and moving troops to reinforce the front in critical moments.

Lt. Cpt. Samoila protested and HQ promised alternative vehicles. Once received he went to inspect them, - where are the new trucks corporal ? - corporal answered - They are eating hay, sir - Trucks were a few famished horses.

Dam it !!!!

After a hard discussion new trucks were promised again, after few days 3 old ford light trucks arrived. Then Samoila requested his car to go at division HQ to protest directly, his assistant answered, - Soldiers who brought the new trucks had orders to bring your car back sir, I though you were informed. -

Battle plan:

The battle area was a central plain surrounded by hilly terrain. Two roads started at the north-east edge, one in north-west direction, and the other one in south-west direction. All the area was snow, movement was very difficult. The lack of heavy trucks will be a great problem.

One victory objective was at the south, on the top of a hill next to our deploy area. The central objective was also at the top of a hill, in front of them there was another hill with a small village on it. The north objective was also on a hill, but next to the north road.

We will deploy our force between the central and the south targets, Company A will advance and take the control of the south objective, from this position will cover the north-west to south-est road with AT-guns and HMG.

Company C plus tanks will advance and take the control of the small village, from there they will try to engage enemy which will try to capture the central objective, also has to cover the north flank.

Company B will be deployed at the plain, advancing through the road and ready to support A or C if needed, light trucks will go with them but they haven't enough carry capacity for more than a section.

Horses will be used to keep HMG with their companies.

One potter plane was available.

Go:

Company A advanced and secured the south objective in few turns, then took defensive positions and waited. Company C advanced and took positions into the hill, tanks were with them. One of his sections were move to the north hill to cover this flank. Company B advanced through the plain, one section on trucks advanced and took a reverse slope position at the hill with the road.

First contact were done by C company, some T-60 were detected through the north road, also 3 BT-7 advanced over the central objective. Our spotter plane detected a big armor group, about 20 tanks, approaching to the center objective, mainly Valentines III, Matilda II and a few T-28. Heavy artillery was plotted over them.

At the south a medium sized infantry group (about 2 companies) tried to reach the objective, our defenders old the line without problems with the support of mortars.

After taking the north objective enemy forces there turned over the central objective so we have 2 attack vectors, one form the north and the other one at the center. At-guns proved to be effective against t-60 so the north vector was stopped with heavy losses for Soviets. But they probed to be absolutely useless against heavy tanks, also our tanks were in danger, they were over the hill in firing position against the incoming enemy, they were suppressed by enemy artillery and one of them was immobilized, then they become under enemy tank fire, looking that their guns weren't unable to do any damage to the enemy they were ordered to hide at the hill rear. One was lost during this short fight and the immobilized has to be abandoned due its exposed position.

Heavy artillery didn't proved to be very effective this time, some heavy tanks still were able to advance, our defender at the slope done a successful ambush destroying 2 Valentines but they were overhelmed by enemy because their number, they tried to withdraw pooping some smoke but enemy kept firing over them it was a real butcher, now about 10 tanks were reaching the plains.

At same time our spotter plane detected a big group of infantry reaching the town hill, Lt. Col Samiola though that if we lost that hill the battle was over so artillery shifted over them. Also he noticed that all remaining enemy armor at the north sector was a few T-60 and T-26 and all the heavy tanks were next to the plains. So he ordered to our tanks to do an encirclement behind the town hill and attack the north vector rear. Heavy tanks wouldn't have LOS over us.

The situation at the plains were bad, B company were unable to hold the line, C company flank was exposed and there didn't seem to be anything able to stop those tanks. All remaining artillery were ordered to fire a smoke screen, some squads of C company were ordered to hide inside smoke, and survivors of B company were ordered to simulate a break.

Samoila looking that enemy was doing a major effort at the center judged that north objective might have a weak defense, so a small recon force was sent there.

At the plains our trickery worked, enemy tanks pursuit our B company, C squads were waiting for them, moving from the smoke they close assaulted the tanks and routed the few infantry support that they have. In few minutes the plain was covered with burning scrap metal.

Our north recon force checked that victory objective were protected by two AA-trucks, they were destroyed and the objective destroyed. Our tanks with some artillery support also did a great job versus the infantry masses, routing them after a short fight.

Finally Soviets still have humor to try an assault at the south objective which was firmly refused.

Decisive victory for us !!

Post Battle thoughts:

A surprising battle, when I studied the map I had very bad feeling, there weren't any forest, river, ... to articulate my plan, objectives were to far and my infantry can advance only 2 hex turn and we don't have heavy trucks anymore. I was thinking to do 3 attacks vector, one per objective but I felt that spreading my force in such way wasn't a good idea.

Finally I decided concentrate our efforts in just two objectives and pray for a marginal victory or even a draw, perhaps try to get the third objective if i feel that the enemy was so weak after fighting and there were still turns, what I never though that it gonna be a Decisive victory in just 30 turns.

Obviously I had the idea to use a smoke screen from the start, but I didn't have many hopes that it will work, there were to much tanks with heavy armor in a very compact group. My men outperformed my expectations, BRAVO !!!
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:23 AM

Private

Ninth Battle ( Assailt - 47 turn - visibility 66 )

Battle plan:

The map was snow, There was a road at the south which cross the map from east to west. There was also an iced river which cross the map from north to south at the center.

There were only two objectives this time both behind the river, one big at the map center behind two hills with a thin pass between them. Those hill dominate the north approach avenue.

The other objective was further south next to the road and covered by a forest plus a hill.

The plan was simple, advance with all forces through the north path, The main force will be Company A plus C, A will secure the hills, Company C will cross the river and capture north objective. After that our forces will turn to the south and capture the remaining target. Engineers section will go between both companies to clear the path of mines if needed.

Recon force will advance 100 meters in front of the main force.

Company B and tanks will be the reserve, they will advance 400 meters behind of the main force ready to join to the assault.

Go:

As expected the hills in front of the objectives were well defended, recon force engaged the defenders with snipers, also HMG provided support fire from the rear, Companies A and C slowly advanced.

One AT-gun was detected hidden in the north forest, engaged and destroyed but a few casualties were taken, when C company were to reach the river they went under gun fire, a pillbox was detected far at the other river bank, artillery was ordered to lay a smoke curtain to blind it.

The fight at the hills progressed slowly, enemy resist at their foxholes, the first section of company A armed with SBM was dispatched to assault it, using smoke grenades closed range and were able to start evicting the enemy.

The river crossing was slow, a few times the pillbox was able to fire causing big casualties. One infantry section tried to assault it many times with no luck. Finally an engineer section was able to destroy it, when we though that the path was clear a second pillbox opened fire, again it was blind by smoke and was destroyed by engineers a bit later. After that Company C took the control of the north objective destroying the last defenders there.

At same time company A was able to fully control the hills, infantry reserve was joined to them, both companies were ready to move towards the south victory objective.

Then enemy launched a counter attack to recover the north objective, many infantry units move out of the south forest another group were coming from the road area, they were supported by HMG and snipers.

And infantry duel caused many casualties to both sides, our artillery was unlucky and failed many shots. Lt. Col. Samoila decided to launch our tanks against enemy infantry despite we weren't sure if there was AT-guns or tanks at the area.

With the support of tanks and the artillery the enemy counter attack was stopped and routed.

Finally our tanks and a few infantry squads advanced through the road and took the control of the objective without more opposition.

Post Battle thoughts:

Two curiosities about this battle, it is the first one were enemy was full infantry, no armor of any type, also there wasn't a mine belt, or barbed wire, etc despite it were an assault.

I had many infantry casualties due the pillboxes and the enemy counterattack which I can't block as fast as desirable.
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:51 AM

Private

Tenth battle ( Stop enemy Counterattack ( SB delay) - 45 turn - visibility 66 )

Pre-battle:

This time there wasn't reinforcements, so we must fight which what we had. One of the infantry companies was badly damage, it was at 40% more or less. The other two companies had only some casualties.

The recon force was also badly damage, just one team was at 100%, all others were missing or understrength. At least we had our 3 snipers.

We had all our AT-guns but some of them had some crew missing. Tanks were at 100%, they had few usage in the previous battle. Artillery was also at 100%.

After a general review we can say that battalion was at 70%, being infantry the weaker part, but we must keep in mind that they plus artillery were the core of the fighting force because all other weapons were really obsolete and near useless versus latest enemy armor.

Battle plan:

Map was snow, the north area was clear dominated by two small hills, the objective farther north was on the top of one, the center objective was next to the hills in front of a tiny line of trees.

At the south there was a road in east-west direction, near the west border it crosses a forest, the victory objective was set on a small hill next to the road, all the area was forest. Another road cross the map diagonally from north-west to south-east. Finally the north-east map edge was crossed by an iced river.

The north area will be covered by AT-guns, because its poor performance they were ordered to hold the fire until the enemy was at 400m. Also HMG will provide fire cover vs infantry. Finally company C will be deployed in a reverse slope position at the hills, a one section will be deployed into the line of trees.

Company B will take positions into the forest ready to ambush forces which try to use the road, also it will deploy a section at the border of the forest objective.

Company A was to damage to fight so it was deployed at the rear and will be engaged only if the situation become critical.

Engineers will be divided into two groups ready to support the weakest area.

Tanks deployed at the north will be the reserve.

Go:

The enemy was detected early on, at the north a medium sized armor group fast advance directly to us, the worst was the confirmation that many T-34 tanks were part of the group. AA guns were used in AT role, the idea was pin the tanks and led time to heavy artillery to plot the position and fire.

At the south road some enemy tanks were detected also, infantry took positions into the forest at the road border to ambush them. Through the center area huge infantry groups were detected, many were sky troops with good mobility, 75 mm artillery and mortars were plotted over them.

The enemy north group returned fire to our AA guns, surprising it was to accurate, it destroyed our guns or forced crew to abandon them, btw artillery was able to immobilize one T-34.

At the south road more and more enemy vehicles were coming, our squads were lucky destroying few of them but when they wanted to break the contact and withdraw to a new position they couldn't because they were under fire all the time. Even worst T-34 were seen into this group also.

Heavy artillery was called, rounds started to fall over them but nothing seems to be able to stop them, our men were decisive engaged, pinned and overwhelm. The next few minutes were the worst of the battalion history, company B just ceased to exist.

At the north, after losing the AA guns, defenders hold the fire and led enemy to reach the objective, then opened fire. After some shots our AT-guns were able to knock the T-34, a total of 6 were destroyed. At least the north flank seemed secure.

Things always can go worse, after the annihilation of the C company the enemy armor force turned to the north against the objective, at same time enemy infantry was reaching the forest border and for our desperation they were supported by M3 Lee tanks.

Engineers squads were sent to reinforce the south flank, also tank reserve were committed, even the company A which was half depleted from the previous battle was sent to reinforce the objective. The shock between attackers armor and our defenders were brutal. Our men close assault the tanks again and again, enemy artillery started to fire a rain of fire despite hitting their own forces, we also fired our largest guns over them with also some friendly casualties, soviets had heavy losses but their numbers were so huge that they pushed our infantry out of the forest. Our tanks had token positions at the forest border, there were many smoke from grenades, fire, explosions, etc. When an enemy tank showed their nose out of the forest our tanks fired all at same time, to destroy a single T-34 were needed 16 hitting shots from us, Two of our tanks were immobilized because artillery fire, one of them has to be abandoned since it was so exposed. A third one had their main gun damage, also crews had some casualties. It looked like they were to break our lines definitively.

At the north and center objective enemy infantry started to arrive, both objective were defended by a single infantry company. Enemy size might be a battalion. Mortars and a two 75mm guns shift his fire over the new problem. Snipers did a good job, also HMG provided a good fire power. Our men were able to delay the enemy, two AT-guns were send to the south to try to help stopping the enemy.

It looked like enemy was losing their force at the south objective, many tanks were now smoking trash, they still had a huge number of infantry but they got suppressed by our artillery. After the huge losses enemy moral seemed to fall, some units begin to route. We were able to reorganize something similar to a defensive line with the incoming engineers and a few infantry squads from the A company, but all of them had several casualties and got suppressed easily even by forest fire.

At the north and center objective our men advanced recovering the victory hexes which was under enemy control, there were still many enemy infantry squads trying to advance, our remaining tanks which were still operative were sent to help dealing with enemy infantry, one of them was lost due a enemy long range shot, we were forced to take cover. Fortunately crew survived with only one casualty.

There was still more surprises ready to do his appearance, some slow T-28 tanks were reaching the front line now, at the north and center they were destroyed by AT-teams and infantry because AT-guns were suppressed or destroyed by enemy artillery. At the south more T-28 were detected but looking the panorama they retreated without attacking.

A last try was done by soviets, a small group of 6 T-60 with infantry support tried to assault the central objective. But we had enough time to rally a pair AT-guns so they were destroyed with the help of our infantry and AT-teams.

Marginal victory for us !!

Detail of the south objective at the end of the fight.

Post Battle thoughts:

We win, but which has been the price ?

Obviously my plan was flawed, in previous battles I had really bad experiences when forced to fight in open field. When I took a look of the map I was really worried about the north area, it was a big zone cleared of any obstacle, protection, etc. I though that I will hard time to defend it. That's why almost all AT-gun were there.

Also previously I had really good results using infantry in forest using close combat to destroy tanks, obviously I overestimated the possibilities of B company.

Even when it had to be clear that the south flank were in danger I still was fearing my north flank and those T-34 approaching. When I realized that the main attack were at the south and that there were so few troops to deal with it, was too late.

The disaster only could be avoided with the sacrifice of invaluable resources.

Only 18 men of about 140 of the company B are alive, Company A and C also have had big losses, many squads are reduced to 3-4 men, all AA guns are lost, most of the AT-guns are lost, just 2 snipers are left from the recon company. Tanks are the only group which survived with few losses but it is because the very conservative use which we have done because they huge limitations, I want to remember that they are Pz.Kpfw. 35(t) light tanks.

I feel like all the work to raise the experience, train our men, etc has been lost in a single battle. Yeah !! we have won but we have paid a big price for our victory, perhaps too big.
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM

Private

Battalion Summary After 10 battles.

We have reached February of 1942. The campaign numbers are:

- 7 Decisive Victories
- 3 Marginal Victories

The battalion structure is like

- 1 x HQ

- 1 x Artillery Company
- 1 x Off-board gun battery ( 3 x 150mm tubes )
- 1 x field gun battery ( 4 x 75mm tubes plus 1 x AAG squad )
- 1 x 82mm mortar platoon ( 3 x 82mm tubes)
- 1 x Artillery observer
- 1 x Light tank weakened company - 6 x R2 light tanks (aka Pz.Kpfw. 35(t))

- 2 x AT-gun platoons
- 4 x 47mm At-gun
- 4 x TKS tractor
- 1 x Recon Company
- 2 x Motorbikes
- 3 x recon platoons
- 1 x sniper
- 2 x scouts
- 3 x infantry companies
- 1 x HQ
- 1 x Heavy infantry with 60mm mortar (only direct fire)
- 2 x AT-teams
- 1 x Assault platoon
- 3 x Rifle squads armed with Rifle, LMG, Hand Grenade and SMG
- 2 x Infantry platoons
- 3 x Rifle squads armed with Rifle, LMG, and Hand Grenade
- 1 x HMG platoon
- 2 x HMG
- 1 x Engineers platoon
- 4 x engineers squad
- 1 x AA guns platoon
- 4 x 20mm gun.
- 1 x support
- 3 x Ford light trucks
- 3 x pack of horses
- 4 x Ammo Trucks

This is the combat troop experience:

- Green squads: 48
- Veteran squads: 43
- Elite squads: 2 (both are Off-board guns.)

If we analyze only the infantry companies experience we can see:

- Company A: 9 of 11 infantry squad, 1 of 2 HMG and 0 of 2 At-teams are veteran.
- Company B: 4 of 11 infantry squad, 0 of 2 HMG and 0 of 2 At-teams are veteran.
- Company C: 10 of 11 infantry squad, 1 of 2 HMG and 0 of 2 At-teams are veteran.

The worst is that all company HQ are green with really penalize the rally changes, also we don't have any elite unit still.

Kill Numbers:

The top one is an 150mm Off-board gun with 29 kills.
The second one is another 150mm of board gun with with 28 kills.
The third one is an R2 (aka Pz.Kpfw. 35(t)) with 21 kills.

The top infantry unit is the I2 squad with 14 kills.

The best of the At-guns has 10 kills.
Old September 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road

I've enjoyed reading your AARs in this campaign, someday I'd like to take the time to go through them a bit more leisurely Really, considering the very difficult matchup you've chosen, I think you've done quite well.

There's only two suggestions I have: first, you can get a bit extra xp for your 0 units each battle if you use them to fire long range suppression fire whenever possible - even if its not needed or misses; second, try thinking of your tanks not as tanks but as slow heavy armored cars and use them a bit more aggressively in that role (early spoiling attack/scouting, general long range fire support, late game mopup).

If you use your tanks in a more active role though you'd need to keep an infantry company back as reserve, maybe use some squads from that reserve company as riders on the tanks. Just make sure they have plenty of smoke so they can hide themselves and the tank from danger. I'll admit its a bit of an odd way to use tanks but, in '42 a 35(t) really isn't a tank!

Anyhow, keep up the good work
Brian
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:22 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian61 View Post
There's only two suggestions I have: first, you can get a bit extra xp for your 0 units each battle if you use them to fire long range suppression fire whenever possible - even if its not needed or misses; second, try thinking of your tanks not as tanks but as slow heavy armored cars and use them a bit more aggressively in that role (early spoiling attack/scouting, general long range fire support, late game mopup).
Thanks for reading it.

My main problem with 0 units is that I use it in front line like another squad. I had bad luck and all 3 were destroyed recently, perhaps I should be more cautious. Your suggestion to use them mainly in long range support fire seems good for their health.

About "tanks" ... I doubt between removing it or keep them with me. Romanian R2 are really expensive for what their offer, in a delay or defense missions it is a lot of extra points for the AI, also it is not historically correct having them in a infantry battalion.

If I keep them is to have crews trained by the time Germans start giving them more advance tanks, but isn't going to happen until 43.

But I agree, a more aggressive use may be done to worth their price.

Roger.
Old September 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM

Private

11st Battle ( Advance - 49 turn - visibility 37 )

Battle plan:

The area was snow, the Russian zone was mostly forest with a big clear zone at the rear. The approach avenue was a clear area dominated by a hill, at the south there was a road going from west to east. The south objective was inside a forest near the road, the central one was in a clear behind the forest over a small hill. The last one was at the north also inside a forest.

The plan was advance through the central area with the three infantry companies preceded by our recon force, A and B at the front and C 200 meters behind. They had to use the hill to cover their advance as much as possible. As usual the idea was overwhelm the defenders concentrating all our force at one point.

One platoon of the C company on light trucks plus two motorbikes had to infiltrate through the south border, their target was seek and destroy the enemy artillery.

Tanks was the reserve.

Two spotters planes were available.

Go:

Our advance was preceded by a recon flight of our planes, at the center three Matildas II were located supported by some infantry squads. Immediately most of our artillery was plotted over them.

Meanwhile our infantry slowly advanced through the snow, HMG were deployed at our rear and start firing over the enemy infantry, also our snipers were doing their job quite well. Surprisingly enemy infantry didn't fly as soon as they had a few casualties like in the previous battles. Later on we discovered that they were part of a Guards division.

After few rounds one Matilda II was destroyed, the other two were immobilized, a few meters at the north one T-34 was also detected, artillery fire was shifted over him.

One scout patrol and one sniper were ordered to check the presence of enemy at the road. They found a few infantry units, mortars were ordered to take care of them.

Also the infiltration team advanced undetected, doing a big encirclement reached the enemy rear. Motorbikes went ahead trying to find the enemy artillery but they came under HMG fire. It seemed impossible to keep advancing so light trucks were diverted to a group of houses next to the road and unloaded the infantry platoon. New orders were sent to the them, first clear the road to bring reinforcement at the enemy rear faster, second advance towards the south objective.

At the center infantry was reaching the Matildas, a smoke curtain was laid to allow infantry close distance and assault the tanks, after engaging and routing the remaining enemy infantry next to the tanks those were destroyed.

Our infiltration team successfully cleared the road and, after a short fight, controlled the south target. Light trucks were sent to move more troops through the road, also our tanks were ordered to advance through it and support the infiltration team, they easily destroyed the HMG which stopped our infiltration.

With this reinforcements our infiltration team grow to a small task force, they advanced towards the central victory objective. A small counterattack leaded by a few T-60 light tanks was launched by the enemy. Our own armor take care of them without losses.

At the central area two more T-34 were detected, one was abandoned after being it by artillery fire, the other one was close assaulted by infantry and destroyed.

Now all our force was advancing, but it was to slow due the snow terrain, any vehicle was used to speed up our movement, even AT-gun tractors were used to transport infantry to the front line.

Finally our troops reached the central victory objective, enemy had placed two At-guns covering the area which wasn't detected. We lost two tanks and another one was badly damage, crews survived. Our artillery was fired over the enemy guns destroying one and routing the crew of the other. At same time the enemy HQ was found and destroyed by our infantry.

In a final effort our men reached the third objective, just a few infantry squads were defending it, they were overwhelm and the objective captured.

Post Battle thoughts:

The main difficulty of the battle was the terrain, being mostly an infantry force with few carriers snow heavily penalized our maneuver capacity, most of time our men were just moving forward closing the distance with the enemy.

My infiltration platoon has failed his main mission which was destroy the enemy artillery, a few HMG forced to abort the original plan. An armored car could be ideal to support them but we don't have any. I am thinking in using my light tanks in this role but due their relative big size doesn't seem like a good infiltrator. In any case the platoon mission was changed on the way archiving a great success with the new orders.
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:19 AM

Private

12st Battle ( Defend - 47 turn - visibility 62 )

Battle plan:

All the area was snow, the north zone was dominated by a medium sized forest crossed by a road from east to west. The central area was dominated by a hill. The south area was mostly iced plains.

There were one objective behind the north forest, another one behind the central hill, and the last one at the plains.

We used the support points to buy mines and 3 bunkers.

Once planing the defense it become obvious that our forces weren't strong enough to protect the 3 objectives at the same time, so Lt. Cpt Samoila decided to defend the north and the center objective letting the south one undefended. The south flank was to be defended by a fort line, also a mine belt had to surround all the defended area.

Company A was deployed at the north forest. Company B supported by engineers was deployed at the slope of the central hill. Both were supported by AT-guns. Company C was deployed at the rear ready to support A or B if needed. Tanks were ready to be launched against the expected infantry horde.

A small mobile group done with scouts and motorbikes were ready to retake the third objective if the battle was positive for us.

Go:

After few minutes of battle enemy armor was located at the central area, they had T-34, T-26 and T-60, artillery was called to suppress them. At the same time a few tanks were detected and destroyed at the north road.

We let the enemy reach our lines before open fire. Our mine belt damage or destroyed a few enemy tanks and our artillery immobilized some more. A few were able to reach the infantry but they were close assaulted and destroyed.

After the fiasco of their armor the Soviets launched their infantry. At the forest our men kept the line without many problems, enemy was ambushed continually taking big casualties every time. At the north road many infantry was approaching, Lt. Cpt. Samoila after checking there weren't enemy armor at that the area sent our tank force which destroyed the enemy. But suddenly a hidden tank opened fire destroying one of our tanks (crew didn't survived) and immobilizing another one.

At the center enemy artillery was firing over our positions. Our men were suppressed when the horde reached them, a few squads routed. it looked like they were to break the line. C company were sent to set a second defensive line at the company B rear.

At the south plains a small force of 3 t-28 supported by a few infantry squads were to capture the objective at the plains. Our forts tried to destroy them but our guns weren't able to knock them even at short distance.

At the forest huge numbers of enemy infantry kept reaching our lines. Some of our squads routed, one of them was surrounded and destroyed. But, in general, we were able to fight meanwhile withdrawal, finally we could stop them and set a new defensive line.

Enemy artillery was doing some damage. Two At-guns were lost, our immobilized tank was blasted and the crew lost, also some squads had casualties.

When the center line was to be overwhelm the enemy attack started to lose its impetus. We were able to reorganize and hold the line.

Looking that enemy assault was losing its energy we dispatched our small mobile force to recon the south objective. One of the T-28 were immobilized by a mine the other two were heading to the north, a few infantry squads were engaged with our HMG and artillery were plotted at the area. Due the incapacity to destroy the T-28 which was immobilized next to the objective a smoke curtain was laid to blind it. After that our motorbikes recaptured the objective.

More and more infantry reached our line at the forest. They lost many men with few casualties for us. After a while Soviets fully retread.

Post Battle thoughts:

There was just one moment in all the battle which locked really bad, it was when the central defense was near to be overwhelm but enemy lacked of the necessary reserve to exploit the moment.

The worst is the lost of 2 tanks with their high skilled crew. Every battle I feel less comfortable with these light tanks, they are too expensive for romanians and its frustrating having to hide them all the time or lost them at the first enemy shot.
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Sergeant

valo2000 is on a distinguished road

nice AARs keep on writing them.
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM

Private

I don't have a lot of time to play so I advance slowly, but I am decided to keep playing the campaign until Romania changed of side at 1944.

I am happy to know you are enjoying the AAR, thanks for reading.