.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 18th, 2006, 07:41 PM

Private

Action is on a distinguished road
Default Undead and Ctis Miasma

Using a Prince of Death with Ctis Miasma.

Under the description of the undead status it says "Undead are not affected by disease".

However, the disease affliction just popped on my PoD while he was sitting in the capital.

Is this intended?
Will the disease give him afllictions or prevent his natural healing?
Can he spread the disease to my cold blooded troops?

Thanks.
Old October 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Undead and Ctis Miasma

Undead can have the 'diseased' affliction, but it doesn't actually do anything to them.

Infected units also generally aren't contagious, with the exception of battlefield Plague castings.
Old October 18th, 2006, 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately a bunch of pretenders for Miasma actually can get diseases. For the lifeless and undead pretenders it doesn't actually matter, but it's a really big deal for the little rainbow wizards. If you can't make a ring of regeneration and fast, your god is going to die of the illness that he spreads.

All in all, that's pretty lame. I think Ctis should have a restructured pretender list in the middle era to reflect the fact that they inflict diseases on creatures living in their dominion even if those creatures are the god who is spreading the aforementioned dominion!

-Frank
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:38 PM

Corporal

Unwise is on a distinguished road

I ran a quick playtest game with Miasma C'tis the other day and I was amused/disappointed to note that the run-of-the-mill lizard is only 50 or 75% poison resistant now, making the poison slingers a bit harder to use now.
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unwise said:
I ran a quick playtest game with Miasma C'tis the other day and I was amused/disappointed to note that the run-of-the-mill lizard is only 50 or 75% poison resistant now, making the poison slingers a bit harder to use now.
They've only ever been 50% poison resistant since DOM2.
Old October 19th, 2006, 05:49 AM

Captain

Twan is on a distinguished road

I've asked the same question sometimes ago. Like said disease immune creatures can have the disease afflication but without effect (except allowing them to have benefit from a fever fetish).

In addition to cold blooded ones, it appears that creatures with swamp survival at least are immune to miasma diseases. I've also tested a master druid, who has not swamp survival but a PR of 100 and he didn't get diseased in 50 turns, but I can't say if PR has anything to do with it (according to some old d2 threads PR worked against the miasma effect, so perhaps a PR ring is sufficient to make any pretender immune ?).
Old October 19th, 2006, 07:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road

Now that you mention it, I think undead should be affected by miasma. They should decay pretty quick. Isn't that what Maggots spell is about ? Undead are, except for ghosts etc, organic matter. Some of them stale and dry, but also unprotected by human skin, immunity system and so forth.
But disease is another matter. Perhaps somewhere in future patch (or mod) undead will become disease carriers, able to spread disease without being affected ? Yuck.
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
B0rsuk said:
Now that you mention it, I think undead should be affected by miasma. They should decay pretty quick. Isn't that what Maggots spell is about ? Undead are, except for ghosts etc, organic matter. Some of them stale and dry, but also unprotected by human skin, immunity system and so forth.
But disease is another matter. Perhaps somewhere in future patch (or mod) undead will become disease carriers, able to spread disease without being affected ? Yuck.
The way I see it, the miasma effect is like turning the province into a swamp, normal units get diseased from disease carrying mosqitues and the likes, they aren't actually wading in swamp water (which would probably be more damaging to undead [due to organisms feeding on them])