.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nasty lockup

Quote:
Serenity said:
We bought the game with a friend, since we are not very rich, and im using a no-cd version so that we could play over internet with him, he is having the real game.
If you truly enjoy the game then fork out the money to buy the game. Using money to buy the things you enjoy fuels the market to generate more of the things you enjoy.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:41 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Serenity said:
We bought the game with a friend, since we are not very rich, and im using a no-cd version so that we could play over internet with him, he is having the real game.
Piracy is not tolerated here. Buy another copy for yourself if you want to play the game over the internet. In the meanwhile, if past cases are reliable precedent, expect to be banned. It's been Shrapnel policy that pirates will be denied the resource that these forums represent.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM

BANNED USER

Serenity is on a distinguished road

Well I always test games before buying them. But perhaps I have tested it longer than would be proper. Ill heed your advice and order the game for myself too, unless my friend sells me his portion of the game ownership.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Serenity said:
Well I always test games before buying them. But perhaps I have tested it longer than would be proper.
Interesting choice of words. There is a playable demo for the game so testing it "proper" would go that route. Any "testing" of the full game would be considered longer than "proper". Just another flavor of the justification wars. "I only do it because xxxxxxx" and xxxxxxx is anything that anyone offers that sounds like half a good excuse so someone doesnt have to use the word theft.

Oh well, all we can do is continue to make sure that its not treated as "not a big deal" so that anyone feels they can outright say that they did it. Keep in mind that forums of the company selling the game, or any forum where the game is appreciated, is not a good place to bring up the subject.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Dedas is on a distinguished road

You have to remember that there is no giant corporation wading in cash behind all this, only two extraordinary guys with a passion for gaming. They have worked hard to create an immense game world full of exciting moments that will give you "pleasure divine" for years to come. Isn't that worth something?

I rest my case.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road

If you buy a LEGAL copy of the game this issue will go away, so consider this locked. Please do not come back here to try to discuss this issue or get any other help with the game unless you purchase a LEGAL copy.

Oh and as Gandalf so eloquently pointed out, since we have demos for all of our games, your piracy justification holds absolutely no water. (Not that there is a justificaiton for stealing in any circumstance)

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Closed Thread