.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old November 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Hammer Strike

This is a new scenario I am working on....Note it is not totally finalized, I would like some feedback before I call it a finished product. Israel vs Hezbollah(with serious assistance from syria iran ad even the lebanese army). hope you guys like it. Please feel very free to critisize it or praise it
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hammer Strike.zip (68.2 KB, 255 views)
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hammer Strike

Only part played but a few points.

Lots of mine clearing capability perhaps at least first group of mines should be a bit larger, either wider or deeper, perhaps another row 2 hexes away.

Think in the village 1 hezbola unit is adjacent to wire &clearing it.

Nice arcs of fire lost a track from a side shot was not expecting.

The 130 arty, at least 2 are placed so could get reasonable flank shots. Because the AI calls them in as arty however it does not happen as on fire mission. Perhaps consider changing to something else or give an ATG its stats so not used as arty.

Thats it for the moment while remember but as you served in IDF you may be able to answer a couple of things as I am finding it difficult to pin down.
I think the Engineer APCs are based on the Centurion & the Acharitz on T-54/55 ex Tiran tanks.
Noticed the Namer APC actualy has lower HEAT protection in the game which does not sound right Acharitz 70, Namer 60
It has protection of MK1 Merk but think based on IV.
Also is there a 30mm cannon armed Acharitz
The Following User Says Thank You to Imp For This Useful Post:
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Lots of mine clearing capability perhaps at least first group of mines should be a bit larger, either wider or deeper, perhaps another row 2 hexes away.
Yeah that sounds like a reasonable idea.

Quote:
Think in the village 1 hezbola unit is adjacent to wire &clearing it.
Thats true I need to fix that.

Quote:
The 130 arty, at least 2 are placed so could get reasonable flank shots. Because the AI calls them in as arty however it does not happen as on fire mission. Perhaps consider changing to something else or give an ATG its stats so not used as arty.
I will look into that.

Quote:
I think the Engineer APCs are based on the Centurion & the Acharitz on T-54/55 ex Tiran tanks.
Noticed the Namer APC actualy has lower HEAT protection in the game which does not sound right Acharitz 70, Namer 60
It has protection of MK1 Merk but think based on IV.
Also is there a 30mm cannon armed Acharitz
You are correct in that the Puma is a Centurion based APC and that the Achzarit is a T-54/55 based APC. You are also almost certinly correct about the Namer having more protection in real life than the older Achzarit and Centurion, as it is as you mentioned based on the Merkava 4.
There are 30mm weapon stations offered for the Achzarit, but the IDF doesent operate them, and usually either a 7.62mm or 12.7mm machinegun is mounted in the remote operated weapon station.
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM

General

Quote:
There are 30mm weapon stations offered for the Achzarit, but the IDF doesent operate them, and usually either a 7.62mm or 12.7mm machinegun is mounted in the remote operated weapon station
Cheers for clearing that up
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertanker View Post
You are correct in that the Puma is a Centurion based APC and that the Achzarit is a T-54/55 based APC. You are also almost certinly correct about the Namer having more protection in real life than the older Achzarit and Centurion, as it is as you mentioned based on the Merkava 4.
There are 30mm weapon stations offered for the Achzarit, but the IDF doesent operate them, and usually either a 7.62mm or 12.7mm machinegun is mounted in the remote operated weapon station.
OOPS

We had it based on the Mk1. As I recal there was some speculation in the past these were rebuilt Mk 1 hulls

Now fixed

Don
Old November 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Corporal

Koh is on a distinguished road

I took a quick look at the scenario and it looks very interesting. I'm hoping I'll find time to play it this weekend. Two things I noticed:
- Secondary road connecting to paved road at hex 66,38 doesn't connect properly. It's a small cosmetic detail but I like to be nitpicky
- Victory hex at 89,45 is flagged under Israeli control. Intentional or not?

Other than that looks very nice. As with your previous scenario "Pillar of Fire" it looks like a nice mixture of traditional armoured warfare coupled with urban fighting.

- Koh
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:13 PM

General

Oh dont print the answer to the flag question yet as now wondering if its there so reinforcements head down the road, more tension its bizzare how we do stresfull things for fun. Little oposition so far easily dealt with but trying to find them without something going bang is stressing the poor commander.
Unless I find a large force somewhere perhaps a slight reduction in units, assume happening on a larger front & we are part of. Reason once I find them which is the tricky bit can bring a huge amount of firepower online, vaporising them
Not finnished yet as busy but for others to comment on.
Perhaps reduce length slightly as ample time to take long route keeping frontal armour forward.
Consider getting rid of rocket arty as can leapfrog some fairly heavy arty in town, plus throw in the F-16s.
Could change to a couple of mortars or planes better as less shots & no smoke. Have lots anyway on vehicles & time allowed means I can protect my flanks apart from one misjudgement.
Again time based reduce turns so need to use roads or where mines are placed on them place either side to in a row of 3, stops lead units running along beside road & finding them.
Do keep them coming balance on something like this is tricky, should cream them but lose a couple of APCs or lucky SAM strike & you are in trouble, or you would be if reduced flag values. Suggest setting far lower & possibly saying you must control them all or automatic mission fail.
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:51 PM

General

Sorry for second post but just thought if want to ramp tension & keep game length could take a leaf out of the AIs book though some people probably will not like it.

Sometimes it seeds an area with random single mines, often a sensible area as in units fairly near or approach to a ford etc. A 10x10 area 100 hexes might have none or 2-6 so low chance of finding but once do follow the leader becomes important. Can improve chances of running into by putting the odd one in nice locations to attack units that are suseptable to fire at range.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:32 AM

Corporal

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here is a second version, which I still consider unfinished:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hammer0.2.zip (68.7 KB, 214 views)
Old November 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM

General

I have downloaded second version will not have time to play before the off.
As a note Marek did a Sederot map have a look at if dont have think thread called new map. Have a look at would make a good map for a scenerio defending the road to Gazza strip possibly the reverse to, ask him obviosly I keep meaning to find time to do one using part of it. LOS are tricky in places making it a good place to defend vs a superior force. Keep meaning to look at & could do conventional forces assume Egypt took control back which was my last outing on this map