.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:27 PM

Private

TimeLegend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furious Noobs -EA- (Newbie Game, 10/10, Running)

Sorry for the wait I've been stuck at more bros house for a week.

Turn will come shortly.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:01 AM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Abyisa,

I laugh at your remote attacks. Hah.

Go ahead and come for my capitol. I'm going to make you bleed.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

The game is getting more interesting again! Thanks all new players!

To make it more interesting...

The glorious nation of Kailasa officially cancels the NAP-3 with Tir na n'Og. Feel the wrath of the monkeys!

(3 turns warning applies - no attacking before turn 48)
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM

Private

Happyfungi is on a distinguished road

I have sent out some private messages. I have not heard back from some players that I messaged so I don't know if they have not read them, or if they just weren't interested. If you don't check your PM's you may want to.
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM

Private

GoodKnight is on a distinguished road

Bah..
Finally! got this to work
So.. Hello everyone!

Oceana so what's the deal? NAP nullified?

Tien Chi
I'm pretty sure those spells were effective
But I'd like to know down the line because I have never tried a spell like that!

(This is one of my first games )

Peace out people!
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:35 PM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

Hey GoodKnight...I sent you an in-game message. Oceania and Abysia are at NAP3....thanks for reaching out to me!
The Following User Says Thank You to mattyburn7 For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM

Sergeant

Hey GoodKnight,

I forgot that this is a newbie game I'm a sub and don't have very much skin in the game -- and my position is near hopless anyway, so I'm happy to go into detail about what happened (usually I play my cards close to my chest).

Last turn I got hit with a barrage of remote attack spells, most of which were absorbed by my Frost and Astral dome. I always make it a priority to have domes in my critical provinces, so I brought these online ASAP. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough nature paths to put up a nature dome, although that was because our former leadership didn't seem to focus on getting deep level magic paths. Anyway, I digress. Almost all of the remote attacks (I think there were around 10 of them) were nullified with a return barrage of frost attacks to the attacker.

I'm assuming this was you, although it doesn't look like I killed any of the mages (hopefully a few of them got afflictions), so whomever cast them was fairly tough and had a lot of HP or was immune to cold. At the end of the barrage I had 80+ unrest, so some of them (it looks like two) made it through, but since I was already patrolling and am not relying on convention troops the impact was minimal.

You obviously did a lot of damage to me with Fire Storm in our earlier battle. I had a feeling it was coming, but I didn't have very good counters so I took a good beating, although my other army was much more successful However, it was worth the risk and now I have an army heading straight to your heartland (along with that small raiding force). You'll defeat it of course, but hopefully, it will throw you off balance a bit.

In my capitol, I'm summoning units like crazy, and I suspect that you don't have enough men to breech the walls. When you lay siege to me, I'm going to send small forces out to make you drain your fire gems, so make sure to keep some spare. I'll use the time while I'm holed up to try to get some more counters to your fire spells and summon fire resistant troops, although it's probably too little too late. If I had taken over a few turns earlier, I'd probably be able to give you more of a fight.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
Hey GoodKnight,

I forgot that this is a newbie game I'm a sub and don't have very much skin in the game -- and my position is near hopless anyway, so I'm happy to go into detail about what happened (usually I play my cards close to my chest).

Last turn I got hit with a barrage of remote attack spells, most of which were absorbed by my Frost and Astral dome. I always make it a priority to have domes in my critical provinces, so I brought these online ASAP. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough nature paths to put up a nature dome, although that was because our former leadership didn't seem to focus on getting deep level magic paths. Anyway, I digress. Almost all of the remote attacks (I think there were around 10 of them) were nullified with a return barrage of frost attacks to the attacker.

I'm assuming this was you, although it doesn't look like I killed any of the mages (hopefully a few of them got afflictions), so whomever cast them was fairly tough and had a lot of HP or was immune to cold. At the end of the barrage I had 80+ unrest, so some of them (it looks like two) made it through, but since I was already patrolling and am not relying on convention troops the impact was minimal.

You obviously did a lot of damage to me with Fire Storm in our earlier battle. I had a feeling it was coming, but I didn't have very good counters so I took a good beating, although my other army was much more successful However, it was worth the risk and now I have an army heading straight to your heartland (along with that small raiding force). You'll defeat it of course, but hopefully, it will throw you off balance a bit.

In my capitol, I'm summoning units like crazy, and I suspect that you don't have enough men to breech the walls. When you lay siege to me, I'm going to send small forces out to make you drain your fire gems, so make sure to keep some spare. I'll use the time while I'm holed up to try to get some more counters to your fire spells and summon fire resistant troops, although it's probably too little too late. If I had taken over a few turns earlier, I'd probably be able to give you more of a fight.
lol that is interesting.. it actually says if you killed my mages or not?

The nature doom would be a bad idea no?
(If I use fire spell it burns down? )

I also used some luck to block the incoming spells (I anticipated something like that )

lol that battle man So much **** going on
How is it that some of your magi were not affected by fire storm?
(They weren't FR or something)

Also there is no need to spell your cards out completely
was just wondering about the effect of the remote attack.
Since it is 60 unrest and I figured 50% success I had used 4 casters. 2 went through so I assumed you were shut down.
Alas the patrolling army didn't think about that.

Thanks for the info man!
I now know that for the spell to have 100% sure effect I need it to hit at least 3 times. (so 6 caster )

How bad was the effect on your income? Should be pretty bad since it's like your only major province..

Also I was surprised by the victory
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:13 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKnight View Post
Yup.

Quote:
There's a chance of that, but it depends on the type of spell you use.

Quote:
Fire Storm effects 50% of the units per turn, so some of them might have been lucky. We also used Fire Fend to give some protection and two of my mages had rings of fire, which made them immune.

I screwed up some of their orders and I should have forged more rings before looking for trouble, but luckily I didn't put all my eggs in one basket

Quote:
How bad was the effect on your income? Should be pretty bad since it's like your only major province..
You definitely impacted my income, but income isn't as important in the later stages of the game. You're probably doing more damage to yourself spamming raging hearts through my domes then causing any real damage to me. Conventional armies at this stage of the game aren't very effective anyway. Save your gems. You're going to need them
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:31 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
Quote:
Yup.

Quote:
There's a chance of that, but it depends on the type of spell you use.

Quote:
Fire Storm effects 50% of the units per turn, so some of them might have been lucky. We also used Fire Fend to give some protection and two of my mages had rings of fire, which made them immune.

I screwed up some of their orders and I should have forged more rings before looking for trouble, but luckily I didn't put all my eggs in one basket

Quote:
You definitely impacted my income, but income isn't as important in the later stages of the game. You're probably doing more damage to yourself spamming raging hearts through my domes then causing any real damage to me. Conventional armies at this stage of the game aren't very effective anyway. Save your gems. You're going to need them
The idea was actually really to cause unrest above 100 and shut u down.. We will see how the rest of the turns go