.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:37 AM

Private

blatsas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mines!, IEDs, Booby Traps, and other nasty things

no my problem with ied is in vx in other place ok detected on vx no is invincible that is my problem thx
Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:15 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

There are a number of ways to counteract / disable the IED - Engineers can defuse/remove it from adjacent hex, Snipers (anti-material rifles at least) can destroy the detected IED from a distance by shooting it like any other target.

If not; time for some "brave volunteer" (a low value unit) to "step up"...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Mines!, IEDs, Booby Traps, and other nasty things

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatsas View Post
no my problem with ied is in vx in other place ok detected on vx no is invincible that is my problem thx
I understand blatsas's question as one of detection when an IED is placed on a Victory Hex, if so, then an IED on a VH may come as a gift - at least you have a clue where to look.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

An IED on a V -Hex is invisible but if you have ID tags on the IED can be spotted if it's detected. Also, you can turn the V-Hex flags on and off either using the ' \ ' shortcut or through the preferences screen so if you want to check a V-Hex for IED's either turn off the V-Hexes temporarily or turn on the ID tags.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:12 PM

Private

blatsas is on a distinguished road

ok thx
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
There are a number of ways to counteract / disable the IED - Engineers can defuse/remove it from adjacent hex, Snipers (anti-material rifles at least) can destroy the detected IED from a distance by shooting it like any other target.

Just noticed in a WW2 LC scenario a booby trap can't be fired at (at least by a British pioneer with an SMG and .303 Bren). It's on a road that cuts through mud and rough so rather annoying. Aside from clearing them from an adjacent hex or setting them off with a sacrificial lamb is there any other way to get rid of them? Thanks.

(BTW the GG doesn't seem to give any suggestions on how to get rid of boobies, IEDs or Fougasses. Or am I missing something?)

Last edited by jivemi; May 2nd, 2019 at 12:10 AM..
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:44 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Only works with Sniper rifles I believe.

From the GG:
Quote:
This is a "Demolition" class that covers booby traps, IED's etc. These explosive devices can self detonate when enemy units are nearby and, in the case of IED's and Fougasse can be "command detonated" on the players turn who "owns" them, IF there is radio contact, by selecting the explosive charge then pressing "F". They can be defused / removed by Engineer units but because these do not represent "simple" mines the time required to take one out of the game varies even if the engineer unit is not under fire so patience is required. Sometimes it might only take a turn or two sometime 8 or 9 turns of longer ( as in real life ) If you do not have time for the "patience" approach and don't want to risk your troops they can be taken out with a well placed shot from a Sniper rifle. This is usually the preferred option because in this game there is no penalty for causing "collateral damage" so it's usually easier to simply detonate them with a Heavy sniper round from a distance NOTE that a "normal " sniper can also take out an IED but it may take a few shots to do it. As well , a large radio-controlled IED is useful for a pre-laid bridge demolition. One usually takes out a wooden bridge section but a player might want to stack 2 on a concrete bridge section to be sure and as well IEDs in the vicinity of an explosion may detonate spontaneously so a "string" of them side by side may cause multiple explosions setting off other IED's in sequence

OR run up with a demo charge and set it off...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:35 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivemi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post

Just noticed in a WW2 LC scenario a booby trap can't be fired at (at least by a British pioneer with an SMG and .303 Bren). It's on a road that cuts through mud and rough so rather annoying. Aside from clearing them from an adjacent hex or setting them off with a sacrificial lamb is there any other way to get rid of them? Thanks.

(BTW the GG doesn't seem to give any suggestions on how to get rid of boobies, IEDs or Fougasses. Or am I missing something?)
You can fire at them with a sniper with an anti-material rifle (so not in WW2 AFAIR).

Otherwise to defuse them, it works like mines - move an engineer up to them, face the hex and wait. Infantry can only defuse in the same hex, engineers are better in the same hex too. So walk up and face the hex in 1 turn, move onto the hex the next turn (so its only moving 1 hex, so is going slowly and therefore less likely to trip it).

An explosion that hits it may set it off - shelling the thing may work, though I have not tried that. Other explosives like say a suicide bomber, will though (a fougasse is an IED "primer" and a flame weapon as a cocktail). I must try a test with an AOP with LOS to one, and call in some arty and see if it goes boom, haven't tried that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: