Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 31st, 2015, 11:50 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat46 Austria

Ok cool. I did a bit of searching and somewhere I found our old thread - not sure if this works but here's the link anyways:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=33704

here you can see we did some serious work on this to research... also lots of private messages and e-mails.
Old February 1st, 2015, 02:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: obat46 Austria

I think the 2012 early 2013 dates for the retirement of the Jagdpanzer Kürassier tank destroyers and the Saurer APC are going to hold up though I'll wait on the Austrian MOD for the retirement dates since they're already ahead of the French in the "Response Dept.", "darn" French 105mm's!?!. The MOD's I dealt with so far (French, Australian, UK, Netherlands etc.) where they're information has helped us in the past on some OOB issues, I had forgotten that they like to stick their current equipment in the galleries so "hover" on the GALLERY tab top far right for that data. I don't see a "site last updated" date but, the last NEWS story was posted on 10/03/2014 so we know the equipment status is good from that point on. As SIPRI data won't get updated for 2014 I think until March I'll hold off on any military equipment sales and or donations made by Austria to Hungry especially where it pertains to the LEOPARD 2A4 as I believe this would constitute a major upgrade in tank capability for Hungry as many sources indicate supposedly has occurred. I'd rather do any work there all at once instead of by piecemeal. So again...
http://www.bundesheer.at/english/index.shtml

This might not be a wasted exercise as it might flush out other equipment issues in the major categories of Armor, Artillery, Aircraft and Helos that exist for current equipment beyond the above stated dates.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 1st, 2015 at 02:29 AM..
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The next question is..... they are retiring the Saurer APC..... fine, makes sense with the newer Ulans doing the same job but will they be retaining or retiring the Saurer SP mortars, FO vehicles, ammo carriers etc.
Old February 1st, 2015, 12:33 PM

Lieutenant General

If MOD gets me a final answer, and if they respond like Australia did for us about 3yrs. ago on the M1A1 and unit issues we were addressing, that's the type of answer I hope we'll get from Austria. I'm almost against the wall on this matter partly due to time constraints at my end. Starting mid-week I need to start on a "point paper" concerning an issue at work for our site manager. Doing the best I can.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old February 1st, 2015, 02:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

NO PROBLEM... if they send the answer great. if not don't sweat it.

EDIT_If I had to guess ( and sometimes that what we have to do....) I would guess they will pull the APC version OOS but keep the specialized versions in service awhile longer using some of the APC's for spare parts

Last edited by DRG; February 2nd, 2015 at 09:30 AM..
Old February 5th, 2015, 12:50 PM

Lieutenant General

I have mentioned in the past a couple of times that..."The only dumb question is the question not asked.!", in the Submarine community you learned that the very first day you started Submarine School in Groton, CT. and as long as you served onboard those boats it would be continually reenforced. Your life and those of your crew could depend upon it. In context by not asking you might not get to the answer you seek and the worst case is they say "No" or just don't respond like the French MOD on their 105mm situation. I'll gladly except the latter over not asking the question at all-some might remember my MRAP situation when I first started posting which I caused many to get a headache. So for "Yea of little faith" from the Austrian MOD...

(daniel.pregl@bmlvs.gv.at)
Add to contacts
2/04/15
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: Me
Cc: buergerservice@bmlv.gv.at
daniel.pregl@bmlvs.gv.at

Dear Sir!

Regarding your request I would like to inform you, that the Jagdpanzer KÜRASSIER was taken out from active service in 2010 an the Schützenpanzer SAURER in 2012 - 2013. AAF don´t use these tanks (APC) any more.
HUNGARY did not receive any material from the AAF.

If you have further questions, don´t hesitate to contact me again

Daniel PREGL, Bgdr
Amt für Rüstung & Beschaffung /Zentrale Dienste
Armament&Procurement Agency/Central Services
1010 WIEN, Franz Josefs Kai 7-9
Phone +43 50201 10 23062
Mobile +43 664 622 2070
daniel.pregl@bmlvs.gv.at

Don,
If I may suggest for the KURASSIER a 12/10 end date, and SAURER a 12/13 end to keep it simple, though 6/13 might work for the SAURER.

Regards,
Pat

Hey look what it says below...

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 5th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks Pat. The change will be made now
Old March 22nd, 2015, 02:59 PM

Corporal

AMX is on a distinguished road

Pandur ist getting an RWS:
http://www.bundesheer.at/cms/artikel.php?ID=7632

The first converted vehicles entered service earlier this month, and are scheduled to be deployed to Kosovo in August.
Barring unforeseen delays (or budget issues, for that matter), the entire Pandur fleet should be refitted by the end of 2017.

The weapon station appears to be the same as that used on the Iveco LMV, so the weapon is still a 12.7mm MG; but it gains a laser rangefinder and thermal imaging.
Plus the ability to fire while buttoned up, of course - that's the main point, after all.

Meanwhile, RUAG was commissioned to up-armor the vehicles:
http://www.ruag.com/fileadmin/ruag/i...chutz_2015.pdf
The timeframe seems to vague to add uparmored Pandurs into the OOBs just yet, though.

Both via Doppeladler:
http://www.doppeladler.com/da/oebh/v...dur-im-zulauf/
http://www.doppeladler.com/da/oebh/ruag-panzert-pandur/
Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:56 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
I have mentioned in the past a couple of times that..."The only dumb question is the question not asked.!", in the Submarine community you learned that the very first day you started Submarine School in Groton, CT. and as long as you served onboard those boats it would be continually reenforced. Your life and those of your crew could depend upon it. In context by not asking you might not get to the answer you seek and the worst case is they say "No" or just don't respond like the French MOD on their 105mm situation.
While not a bubblehead, as both Military Police and Intel Analyst
my life revolved around asking questions.
I very much believe, "The only dumb question is the one not asked".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old October 25th, 2015, 03:28 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Did anything become of this project?