Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 16th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Merkava invincible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I do not have information about this tank in real life. I'm just talking about the game.
In the battles that I have played the Merkava work from retagurdia and kill as much tank as the nose sticks out. I have played like 20 battles year 2018.
The Thoophan atgm and the Karrar tanks can not do anything against the Merkava (from the front). But they destroy the Abrams.

PD: Actually now I remember killing some Merkava in the forest with Thoophan and Karrar. But is very difficult
Tip: do not fight Merkavas in the open when you have Iranians (which btw is true with their RL doctrine; in case of war all battles will be done in closed areas). Hide your T-72 variants behind buildings, small forrest patches, hills, depressions, any terrain that can mask your forces. Wait until Merkava comes up close (if they pass your tanks even better) and whack them from the sides/rear. Use infantry to draw fire and cause Merkavas to expose their sides and this job becomes much easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:06 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do not have information about this tank in real life. I'm just talking about the game.
In the battles that I have played the Merkava work from retagurdia and kill as much tank as the nose sticks out. I have played like 20 battles year 2018.
The Thoophan atgm and the Karrar tanks can not do anything against the Merkava (from the front). But they destroy the Abrams.

PD: Actually now I remember killing some Merkava in the forest with Thoophan and Karrar. But is very difficult
Would you be interested in playing a battle with me, you as Israel?
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Quote:

Tip: do not fight Merkavas in the open when you have Iranians (which btw is true with their RL doctrine; in case of war all battles will be done in closed areas). Hide your T-72 variants behind buildings, small forrest patches, hills, depressions, any terrain that can mask your forces. Wait until Merkava comes up close (if they pass your tanks even better) and whack them from the sides/rear. Use infantry to draw fire and cause Merkavas to expose their sides and this job becomes much easier.
Thanks for the tips!
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:15 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:

Okay. Although I already took Iran's hand

I send my mail by message.
Year 2018
5000 points.
Open terrain ...
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:31 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:

This

Also, drop big bricks on them to disable them and then close with infantry to finish off, while also using the HE to drive away any supporting infantry.

On-map unit that fires big bricks - BM-240 SP-MRL. Hide behind cover and move after firing a couple of bursts, maybe 3. Buy 2 ammo trucks per item. BM-240 is fairly cheap - about 34 points a pop.

Off-map - use 122, 130mm or larger if you can afford a battery. the longer-ranged ones may be outside his counter-battery range if he does not buy 175mm.

If fighting a LC, your core arty and especially your core FOO will gain experience and so call fires much quicker than the support troops. Cherish any core arty guys and try not to lose any!

But keep your MBT hidden till they can pop forward 1 hex to fire a cheeky flank or up-the-kilt shot at 10 hexes or so. APC should run the mech infantry forwards via covered routes and dismount them into cover where they can sneak up on him. Use the empty APC to shuttle to the rear and bring up any of the mass of walking grunts and RPG teams you should have bought (Israel is infantry-light. Arab forces should go infantry-heavy and choose the teams with the best RPG). Even if the RPG cannot take out the armour, it is a big force-multiplier for close assault - which you should be aiming to do. If you have access to flame throwers, buy some since flame can bypass all armour (includes the Russian rocket launched thermobarics).
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:39 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Oh - the early Mk1 merkavas - 89/90 or so, have image-intensifying night sights (vision 30) and so smoke still works for those. So you can smoke barrage him, and then swarm with M-41 bulldogs at 1/10 the cost of a merk 1 (?) - 35 or so points a pop, with a decent long 76mm with a few sabots. Bulldog is available till 1990 or so, and it also can slay any israeli mech inf in M113s.

Early merk 1 is only 15 side hull (steel) and 8 rear hull and turret. So can be flank killed from miles away with a decent sabot round, 105mm or 115+
Old August 17th, 2018, 03:14 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Tongue Re: Merkava invincible?

Remember some Merkavas are driven by women, you may not need to kill them all...

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 17th, 2018, 03:20 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:

Okay. Although I already took Iran's hand

I send my mail by message.
Year 2018
5000 points.
Open terrain ...

you are funny
Old August 17th, 2018, 05:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Quote:

This

Also, drop big bricks on them to disable them and then close with infantry to finish off, while also using the HE to drive away any supporting infantry.

On-map unit that fires big bricks - BM-240 SP-MRL. Hide behind cover and move after firing a couple of bursts, maybe 3. Buy 2 ammo trucks per item. BM-240 is fairly cheap - about 34 points a pop.

Off-map - use 122, 130mm or larger if you can afford a battery. the longer-ranged ones may be outside his counter-battery range if he does not buy 175mm.

If fighting a LC, your core arty and especially your core FOO will gain experience and so call fires much quicker than the support troops. Cherish any core arty guys and try not to lose any!

But keep your MBT hidden till they can pop forward 1 hex to fire a cheeky flank or up-the-kilt shot at 10 hexes or so. APC should run the mech infantry forwards via covered routes and dismount them into cover where they can sneak up on him. Use the empty APC to shuttle to the rear and bring up any of the mass of walking grunts and RPG teams you should have bought (Israel is infantry-light. Arab forces should go infantry-heavy and choose the teams with the best RPG). Even if the RPG cannot take out the armour, it is a big force-multiplier for close assault - which you should be aiming to do. If you have access to flame throwers, buy some since flame can bypass all armour (includes the Russian rocket launched thermobarics).

Thanks!! excellent tactics
Old August 17th, 2018, 07:57 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

It’s vital to take out the infantry screen first and ignore the tanks otherwise your infantry won’t get close.
Fairly open map Israel has balanced combat team.
Infantry around 500m in front of vehicles, they have higher experience will spot the enemy before can close for RPG range.
If they took Mech infantry armed with 2lmg, APCs have multiple MG to, Merk can be set to engage infantry at say 400m but add its firepower in player turn vs infantry.

Iran therefore try not to engage piecemeal need the overwhelming numbers or the firepower coming your way will decimate the troops. Smoke still helps versus infantry eyes if bump heads piecemeal could try dropping and falling back.

Iran needs to think, flank shot possibility will they avoid cluttered areas manovering allowing for flank shots. Could be worth while keeping a platoon or 2 of infantry as spotters for your tanks. They enter hex to check LOS for your tanks who are playing a sniping game against the APCs, tanks roll is very much aid the infantry by taking out there’s and supporting vehicles.
Avoid the Merks unless flank shot possibility or infantry has closed to range and need all the help they can get.
Keep in mind Israel may become vulnerable if try to sweep round in an effort to destroy running troops, the one problem they have is being overwhelmed.