This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Old January 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

Herode is on a distinguished road
Default Poll : how long are your WPP games ?

Gentlemen,

I am currently writing a paper on WPP for a french web site and I was wondering how long your games are ? The goal was a 2-3 hours game, that's very short, kinda blitz I'd say. My games (SP) are between 2.5 and 6 hours, shorter with Japan (wins in 1942 in all cases), longer with Allies (win with the B52 Punky Land Art Concept).

What about you ?
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poll : how long are your WPP games ?

My single player games have been shorter. I like to play as Japan, and tend to go straight for the victory conditions. Typically the AI is at a loss as to how to defend against this. I actually havent played single player as the allies, so I guess thats something I need to do. However......... since I have played 2, just 2, MP games I really cant bear the thought of playing against the AI any longer. Its not the AI is THAT bad, its that MP is that much fun.

In MP games,....I have played 2. The first one I tried to use the strategy as I do against the AI, get oil in the first 3 turns, then go after the 3 sea lane islands fast and hard. It ended very quickly. I held one of the islands for 3 turns, lost it, and a good bit of my fleet. Then lost the rest of my fleet trying to take another sea lane island. The game lastd about 3.5 hours.

My second MP game was much more of a cat and mouse type game, and actually took 2 sessions to finish. Total time was around 4 hours.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:59 AM

Sergeant

MarkL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poll : how long are your WPP games ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herode View Post
Gentlemen,

I am currently writing a paper on WPP for a french web site and I was wondering how long your games are ? The goal was a 2-3 hours game, that's very short, kinda blitz I'd say. My games (SP) are between 2.5 and 6 hours, shorter with Japan (wins in 1942 in all cases), longer with Allies (win with the B52 Punky Land Art Concept).

What about you ?
I have never been out to 6 hours yet, about 4 hours for the longest game. Shorter for the Japanese as well.

Also I normally play over a few sessions. If I like the game I am playing I tend to drag it out more. For some reason I can never bring myself to complete a game in one session. Once I stopped right before the finish on purpose with only two turns away from a win.

Cheers MarkL