.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series > Scenarios and Mods
Notices

Old July 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Private

davehueglin is on a distinguished road
Default Problem matching DEM Map to Paper Map

As the title says, I have a DEM and xdm map and a corresponding paper map. I have followed the tutorial as closely as I can and am obviously inputting some of the map data incorrectly, as there is no map generated (and no green rectangle in the preview screen).

I have been able to generate a game map by going with the default data entry and continuing through the map creation process. It generates a map of the bottom left portion of the original xdm map.

So I am assuming that some of the data I am transferring from the paper map is being input incorrectly by me.

Are there any other resources available to assist in getting he data from the map.

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.

Dave

Last edited by davehueglin; July 28th, 2011 at 11:08 AM..
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:55 PM

Private

davehueglin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem matching DEM Map to Paper Map

Still working on this. The problem seems to be the longitude. The longitude of the bottom left corner of the map I am using (031C_0100_DEME) is 77 degrees West which according to the instructions should equate to 77x3600 or -277200, but the figure you get from the Map Production Information dialogue box is 77200.

I can't figure out how the program is generating the 77200. Simply going (degrees x 3600 - 200,000) does not give an accurate conversion for, say 76 degrees.

I did find a neat on line program that will automatically convert long and lat into UTM.