.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 27th, 2006, 12:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Roundhammer 1943 US Campaign

Quote:
MadGamer said:
As for my question: I'm currently playing the 2nd mission. I bought green inf and I'm putting them down on the first wave like any good commander would do. However, I'm coming back for my M4s, and they just won't load on the (empty) LCM, even though they're in the same hex. Help! (can include save file if needed)
Send the save and I'll look at this. I tried that campaign sceanrio and they unloaded on the beaches OK then I went back and loaded the tanks from the "ships" OK as well. I loaded them from the adjacent hex ( barges will load that way )

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 27th, 2006, 04:36 PM

Private

MadGamer is on a distinguished road

Err, excuse my noobishness. I didn't know barges loaded from adjacent hexes. Carry on :-)
Old May 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

They load from the same hex too....

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM

Private

MadGamer is on a distinguished road

Hmm. Maybe that's the bug. I already lost (immobilized) one M4 trying to get in the same hex. I'll probably show myself to be an even bigger newb, but I'll include the savegame anyway. If there is no "bug", then I apologize for wasting your time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 426504-Saved Games.zip (145.6 KB, 257 views)
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well...... I had no trouble bringing in a couple of barges and picking up the tanks. I don't see a problem

Don

Old May 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Barges are allowed to load from alongside to allow for the fact they can be in deep water (e.g. beside a jetty) which land units cannot enter.

If you have solid land beside the barge even if it is in -1 water it is better to load from there than to try driving into the shallow water where you may bog down.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM

Private

strelkovaya is on a distinguished road

Just a quick potential bug report: 2nd map of the Roundhammer campaign. i had 3 of the DUKW's deployed on the bottom line of the map, when I clicked Start Game they were not on the map and the bottom line of the map was empty. In the army list 3 DUKWs are listed as Ready.
I will try replicating the issue, if it is consistent i will post a save.
This is very easy for players to deal with if it is consistent, so is not a dramatic issue.
Old June 17th, 2006, 02:11 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Probably you have deployed on the lower gray hexes.
Try to redeploy a couple of lines higher than your previous deployment.

cheers,
Pyros
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM

Corporal

duff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Roundhammer 1943 US Campaign (Spoilers)

A question re the 2nd battle.
I found about 3/4 of my vehicles got bogged crossing the mud. They then got pounded by artillery for the rest of the battle causing heavy casualties among my open topped halftracks, M10s and assorted light vehicles. Is this intended to create the experiance of being the wrong force for the job (mechanized force landing on mud), is it intended to be played with breakdowns turned off or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

I eventually got what I considered acceptable casualties using paratroops dropped in behind (with a couple of glider light tanks) and sea landing of infantry and a few halftracks while wasting some landing craft evacuating my armor off the map entierly. Not sure that's in the spirit intended however!
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Roundhammer 1943 US Campaign (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff View Post
A question re the 2nd battle.
I found about 3/4 of my vehicles got bogged crossing the mud. They then got pounded by artillery for the rest of the battle causing heavy casualties among my open topped halftracks, M10s and assorted light vehicles. Is this intended to create the experiance of being the wrong force for the job (mechanized force landing on mud), is it intended to be played with breakdowns turned off or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

I eventually got what I considered acceptable casualties using paratroops dropped in behind (with a couple of glider light tanks) and sea landing of infantry and a few halftracks while wasting some landing craft evacuating my armor off the map entierly. Not sure that's in the spirit intended however!
Have to admit this is a bit rough there is nowhere you can land & move forward without crossing mud which carries a high chance of getting stuck.
If I remember however you get a decent compliment of support units so you can leave your vehicles at home.
There are a few spots where you only need to cross one mud hex so if you want to risk entry do it there. Remember speed plays a factor, with vehicles you should only ever enter a mud hex if you started the turn adjacent to it.
Just land a few vehicles where you can land them safely so they can provide covering fire The question is then leave them to draw artillery fire & let your grunts operate, withdraw them or risk heading inland.