.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 25th, 2006, 09:46 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default C\'tis Desert Tombs ideas?

Desert Tombs. I have heard it is a weak and, after seeing it in action, I am not impressed. As such, I want to play it! Any suggestions for scales? Can they get the Nature priests that normal C’tis can get? If so, all those ghouls will get dangerous with Mass Protection.

On the other hand, is it fun? Is it something different or is it Ermor, but with dead lizards?
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: C\'tis Desert Tombs ideas?

Im not sure if they still have shamans (cant remember) but their sauros dont have nature. Their sauros are d3 f1 and 1 random, a great strategy is to mass banefire archers and their unholy priests, reanimate a huge screen of undead and back it up by those deadly archers. Place your sauros just infront of your archers and have them set to raise skeletons. For scales go sloth 1 or 2, whatever the requirements are, some magic and some order. Give the pretender n4 d6 and any other magics your fond of (i like earth for dwarven hammers and whatever else i need to equip my SC's, bearing in mind that you can summon spectres and lamia queens for magic. d6 means 1 booster and you can make tartarians, n4 means you can Gift of reason them+make vine kings and lamia queens (kings make ogres and cast relief+mass protection in battle while queens are versatile mages). If youy want certain items (boots of quickness, skullcaps, dwarven hammers ect) then give your pretender those paths because your mages arent very versatile.
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:19 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Hmm, it sounds like Ermor with a different skin, not quite as interesting as I had expected. Can you suggest an unusual theme to try out, something that is going to have a fresh spice to it?
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road

You get a lot of death magic with DT but I wouldn't call it Ermor. Especially not a pop killing ermor. DT has a big banefire emphasis, which is interesting. Plus you can summon (un)holy mummified snakes.

You might enjoy R'yleh if you are looking for something unusual. Or mictlan.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Their dominion doens't kill people at all, IIRC. Priests and anti-undead spells aren't enough to defeat them. You might encounter a living nation with Death support and some fire, or a dead nation with some living support, but both are very different from Ermor. For one thing, they don't have to alchemize anything.
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

yea. For unique themes try ulm black forest, VERY different from ulm. For an unused theme try that marignon sailing one.
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
Hmm, it sounds like Ermor with a different skin, not quite as interesting as I had expected. Can you suggest an unusual theme to try out, something that is going to have a fresh spice to it?
Not even close. Beyond the substantially different paths and national summons, Desert Tombs is an empire of both the living and the dead, with a good measure of the advantages and disadvantages of both. It's also one of the few nations that can pull off having three god-kings at once in the early game: the Pretender, the prophet, and the mummy of the previous prophet.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:54 AM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

Ermor is also an empire of both the living and the death.

Diffrence beeing that C'tis DT summons thier reanimators and Ermor recruits them.

C'tis DT has stronger battlefield magic then Ermor with D3 for raise skeletons and D3F1 for banefire. While Ermor has S2D2 and much more expensive mages capital only.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Folket said:
Ermor is also an empire of both the living and the death.

Oh, right, that Ermor. Sorry, I'm just used to Ermor being synonymous with "a dead theme". Even though Broken Empire is my favorite of the three Ermorian themes.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:00 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Vicious Love said:Oh, right, that Ermor. Sorry, I'm just used to Ermor being synonymous with "a dead theme". Even though Broken Empire is my favorite of the three Ermorian themes.
Exactly the same with me. I used to be annoyed when someone mentioned just Ermor when they meant one of the themes... Oops?