.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old July 19th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Private

Cruisinforabruisin is on a distinguished road
Question BCT or AATF (manual?)

Hi,

I have never played any of these games, but lately I've been looking into Battle Group Commander after someone mentioned it to me. And it looks pretty interesting.

But I was actually wondering if there is a digital version of the manual available somewhere. I always like to browse through a manual of a game before purchasing it so I can see what the possibilities of it are.

I also read in reviews that Battle Group Commander has the same manual as AATF so that manual would be ok to read as well.

Also I was reading about how there are more missions in AATF, but I am actually more interested in the ground warfare element of the game etc... would it be more interesting for me to buy Battle Group Commander, or AATF?

Thanks for any future replies already!
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BCT or AATF (manual?)

Hi!

Thanks for the question.

There is no online manual for AATF or BGC, but there is a downloadable demo for AATF available here:

http://www.prosimco.com/free_demo.htm

It includes an interactive tutorial that will show you the game mechanics.

As for which game is best, that really depends on your tastes. BCG is an armored simulation based on British equipment, while AATF simulates air assault and light infantry tactics. AATF has a lot more missions, while BCG is a mini-game with just a couple of scenarios (at a lower price-point if you just want to check out the game before you make a bigger commitment).

One other thing...both game systems are fully compatible with the ATF series of games, so you can install the game over any of those games and play the older scenarios in the newer engine, with all of the additional features (like the more complex damage system).
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Private

Cruisinforabruisin is on a distinguished road

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I did play the AATF demo today, pretty interesting and I didn't do half bad as far as I can tell

I was just kinda at loss when it came to the "assault" and "attack by fire" orders available when you click the exclamation mark icon. Is there really a difference between those and using waypoints and the regular or surpression target crosses?

And the choice between AATF and BGC for me would mainly depend on the units available. I was just wondering if there were plenty armor and ground units in AATF, while BGC most likely lacks the plethora of air assault units available in AATF.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road

The difference between the two orders is that, in the attack, when the enemy numbers in the objective reach a certain level (AI dependent), the attacking unit will assault through the objective.

I am glad you liked the demo. Please let me know if you have any questions.