.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 31st, 2016, 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Operation Husky scenario series

Here comes the first from few, that will shortly be followed by another one, on the same map.

RELEASED:
1. Sicily: Gela 0240HRS - covers Ranger landing in the town of Gela on 10th July 1943
2. Sicily: Gela 0900HRS - covers Italian counterattack against Rangers in Gela in the morning of 10th July, 1943
3. Sicily: Piano Lupo 0900HRS - covers Gorham's paratroopers delaying action against Italian counterattack east of Gela in the morning of 10th July
4. Sicily: Piano Lupo 1400HRS - covers US 26RCT defence against armoured attack of Hermann Goering Division on 10th July 1943
5. Sicily: Ponte Dirillo - covers US 16RCT defence against Hermann Goering Division on 10th July 1943

TO BE RELEASED AS OF 20170715:

1. Operation Ladbroke - covers british airborne landings near Syracuse
2. Operation Fustian
3. Semovente in action
4. Troina
5. Centuripe

I will continue this thread when I will have some updates.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scen485 - Gela Landing.zip (101.8 KB, 327 views)
File Type: zip Scen486 - Gela Counterattack.zip (102.1 KB, 307 views)
File Type: zip spscn487 - Piano Lupo 0900HRS.zip (73.0 KB, 293 views)
File Type: zip spscn488 - Piano Lupo 1400HRS.zip (81.8 KB, 290 views)
File Type: zip Spscn289 - Ponte Dirillo 1400HRS.zip (90.9 KB, 230 views)

Last edited by SaS TrooP; July 15th, 2017 at 01:43 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old November 1st, 2016, 10:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Operation Husky scenario series

Hmm btw, is this just serie of battles or full campaign?
Old November 1st, 2016, 12:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Series of battles. Different units in different battles. Gela itself will be divided into 4 different battles due to quite great size of that engagement.

Attaching here and to the first post, second scenario, "Gela - Counterattack at 0900HRS", that covers ineffective Italian move against town of Gela and Force X stationed there.

I will have to create a map for the next one, so it may take a little time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scen486 - Gela Counterattack.zip (102.1 KB, 276 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old December 20th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hello again, here come 2 more from the series. This time we are shifting to the east, towards Piano Lupo, which covered approaches to Gela. One of the key engagements of Battle of Gela occured there.

First scenario is somewhat introductionary and tells the tale of Colonel Gorham's paratroopers conducting delaying action against Italian badly planned counterattack on Gela.

Second one is one of few very big battles I am about to recreate. Entire Regimental Combat Team (RCT) is facing heavy onslaught of Hermann Goering division.
I tried to make it as historical as I acan, but beware that due to scenario size it is somewhat untested right now, so feedback is appreciated.

More to follow, probably in January.

Merry Christmas everybody! And happy new year in case I fail to make something bigger before that
Attached Files
File Type: zip spscn487 - Piano Lupo 0900HRS.zip (73.0 KB, 270 views)
File Type: zip spscn488 - Piano Lupo 1400HRS.zip (81.8 KB, 254 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old January 14th, 2017, 03:24 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

Very tough scenario. Had to use every trick in my bag to survive.

The US is lacking in AT weapons so stopping the tanks is tough. I thought I was doing well until the PZ3s showed up.

I managed a 2:1 victory but this was achieved by seizing 7 victory hexes on the last turn using units that had been bypassed.

I used the 105s as anti tank guns and managed to stop the final thrust just past the town.

Concentrated arty fire managed to disable a number of tanks and even destroyed a few after they got bunched up.

For play balance I would consider adding a few AT guns to the US side or some additional bazookas or engineers. Regular infantry don't stand much of a chance vs tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	end.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	14532  
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wow, I must say I respect this a lot, I did not expect anyone to make more than a good draw out of this!
Outstanding work!

As to balance... thats a tricky question. The sources I am giving in scenario description are clear that entire Weapons Companies of all battalions involved in this battle were completely loaded on the ships yet. That unit had no heavier AT weapons and even no battalion MGs. In fact, sources say they only had "infantry weapons", what makes me wonder if they had Bazookas or only rifle grenades. That cannon company that arrived in the late stages of the battle was priceless. But it was naval artillery that saved the day and immobilized or destroyed many tanks.

If I edit this scenario I will probably increase naval gunners experience to like 150, so you can call naval guns in within just 1 turn. What do you think?
Old January 20th, 2017, 10:27 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Hmm maybe rather work with target reference points then.
Old January 20th, 2017, 08:18 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Wow, I must say I respect this a lot, I did not expect anyone to make more than a good draw out of this!
Outstanding work!

As to balance... thats a tricky question. The sources I am giving in scenario description are clear that entire Weapons Companies of all battalions involved in this battle were completely loaded on the ships yet. That unit had no heavier AT weapons and even no battalion MGs. In fact, sources say they only had "infantry weapons", what makes me wonder if they had Bazookas or only rifle grenades. That cannon company that arrived in the late stages of the battle was priceless. But it was naval artillery that saved the day and immobilized or destroyed many tanks.

If I edit this scenario I will probably increase naval gunners experience to like 150, so you can call naval guns in within just 1 turn. What do you think?
Why balance its war I would be much more likely to play a hard scenerio again in the future than an easy one.
Keep up your good work I dont know how you find the time to produce what you do but thanks.
Old January 21st, 2017, 01:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It's "OK" to make a scenario difficult to "win" especially if it inspires a re-play or two ( or three ) for me scenario 53 does that...challenging is good. There still needs to be newbie and mid-level scenarios but a tough one is "a good thing"
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:28 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Outstanding work!

Why balance its war I would be much more likely to play a hard scenerio again in the future than an easy one.
Keep up your good work I dont know how you find the time to produce what you do but thanks.

I am not saying that the scenario should be an easy win but playing a no-win scenario is not fun. The player should always have a chance at winning if he plays well enough. I enjoy a challenge, not a test of character.