Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:20 AM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road
Default PBEM problems

I keep getting "player 1 orbat file diffent or corrupted" errors when trying to play PBEMs. I just started playing PBEMs, Had 1 successful game. Now trying to start two other games with different opponents and keep getting these errors. So far I have tried restoring my default Orbats and that has not solved the problem. Can anyone help me?
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM problems

How did you resore the defaults? Remember WinMBT uses the full path statement (file handle)
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Have you checked that your opponent is using the same version of the game as you are?.

If the game version is the same, then who was player 1?. Player 1's orbat checksum will be used as the reference as he sets up the game, just as player 1's game exe checksum is used as the EXE reference. The OOBS therefore must be the same as his to continue the game. (assuming you are playing in secure mode, simple PBEM security mode is more forgiving)

Cheers
Andy
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM

Corporal

I used the OOB manger the restore the defaults. Both of my opponents and I are using 2.51. I think we are all using the same security settings.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

who was player 1 though?. ie who set up the game in the first place. His OOBS that he had loaded in the OOB folder at the time of set-up are the ones which will be used for reference.

Loading a different OOB set will only help player 2, if player 2 had a different set from player 1, and the set player 2 loads in is the exact same set that player 1 used as the reference set. If player 1 subsequently loads in a different set to the set he used in his set-up, he has a problem as the OOB checksums will differ (obviously).

1) ensure both players have the same EXE version

2) ensure both players have the same OOBS (check the date shown in the info on the encyclopaedia, or in the info tab in mobhack)

3) If those agree, and the OOBS still cause problems - somebody (either of you) may have edited the oob in mobhack and made any changes. The edited OOB is now generating a different checksum, to avoid cheating. You and/or your opponent may have to use the restore default oobs option of the OOB manager (remebering to back up the edited OOB if necessary to an oob manager folder if it is wanted to be kept)

4) ensure everything is in synch, and restart your game process from the beginning, with the same EXE version.

It is far simpler to get everything in synch than to fiddle with trying to get an out of synch game back in synch. Try a simple throw-away test PBEM of a platoon or so a side buy against that player (use the same opponents to check the OOBS work), and just move them about the map, if that works for an exchange of 2-3 turns, you are in synch, so now throw the throw-away test game away and then start the "proper" game.

You should probably consider trying a simple throw away game like that with any new opponent as a test run anyway.

It is also a worthwhile exercise for a newbie to PBEM, simply to learn the process.

Also - you could try simple mode PBEM security, it is a lot more forgiving.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM

Corporal

I figured out what the problem was. Thanks for the help.