Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Nations under CBM 1.6 - Page 13 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nations under CBM 1.6

Well I do have BI (Better Independents) on as well. No other mod.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM

General

ok I ran some tests. BI 2.1 conflicts with CBM 1.6 and removes wardens altogether.
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM

General

I really appreciate QM's work on CBM but I must say I dislike the changes made to MA MAN. Specifically making warden recruitable in all castles is bad. I mean who needs yet another run-of-the-mill EN bless nations?- And why commit this to MA Man who was weak but had flavor. Now it's less weak but has no flavor. Who will ever want to recruit them archers or knights of Avalon under a strong bless?

Man could have been made stronger by giving it Merlin (S3+3 random picks) and Morgan Le Fay (s2d2n2?) heroes and by making mothers cheaper (100g) or have +2MR (so that they won't get MHed to death in mid-late game. It could have been tweaked in any other way, but making it another bless nation for me kills the last residues of fun it might have had.
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:59 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithLord View Post
I really appreciate QM's work on CBM but I must say I dislike the changes made to MA MAN. Specifically making warden recruitable in all castles is bad. I mean who needs yet another run-of-the-mill EN bless nations?- And why commit this to MA Man who was weak but had flavor. Now it's less weak but has no flavor. Who will ever want to recruit them archers or knights of Avalon under a strong bless?

Man could have been made stronger by giving it Merlin (S3+3 random picks) and Morgan Le Fay (s2d2n2?) heroes and by making mothers cheaper (100g) or have +2MR (so that they won't get MHed to death in mid-late game. It could have been tweaked in any other way, but making it another bless nation for me kills the last residues of fun it might have had.
I particularly like the idea of Morgan/Morgana Le Fey (who would cause unrest), and perhaps some of the more famous arthurian knights (Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, Tristam, Percival, etc) or perhaps a generic multihero: Knight of the Round table
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I'm not convinced adding a few heroes would actually make Man stronger.

Giving them something other than N or A as a real path would, but QM doesn't do that.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It could have been tweaked in any other way, but making it another bless nation for me kills the last residues of fun it might have had.
Agree on this.
Another thing - EA C'tis got the price on their Hierodulae reduced again. I think this is completely off-target: they aren't recruited not because they are too costly, but because they are worthless. So the fix should be to give them some worthwhile ability, not reduce their price (even at 0, they would still require fort-turn - and High Priests pray better, bless better and can find lvl 2 holy sites...). In keeping with what they actually are, I'd think that the best ability for them is to produce (via summon or domsummon) some lizardmen units - I'd say normal lizard troopers/dancers/other Hierodulae or Princes at different domsummon levels.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road

I think people just need to accept that some units are useless. not every single sub-par unit needs to be tweaked.
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How fares MA Man in CBM 1.6?- In vanilla it is weak, has that improved?
I'm playing them now in Utopia under 1.6, but it's not really a good game to judge them on, since money and resources are set to 250%.

They seem fine to me, though with perhaps less flavor, but when you can recruit 30 Knights of Avalon in one turn, it's kind of hard to judge what they would be like in a normal game

I occasionally post something useful.
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Wardens everywhere is actually in-line with flavor. They're supposed to guard mothers, and mothers are everywhere. The previous discrepancy in recruit options between the two made no sense.
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:57 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Hierodulae are the best blood hunters for MA C'tis, before you empower/summon a B mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrana View Post
Quote:
It could have been tweaked in any other way, but making it another bless nation for me kills the last residues of fun it might have had.
Agree on this.
Another thing - EA C'tis got the price on their Hierodulae reduced again. I think this is completely off-target: they aren't recruited not because they are too costly, but because they are worthless. So the fix should be to give them some worthwhile ability, not reduce their price (even at 0, they would still require fort-turn - and High Priests pray better, bless better and can find lvl 2 holy sites...). In keeping with what they actually are, I'd think that the best ability for them is to produce (via summon or domsummon) some lizardmen units - I'd say normal lizard troopers/dancers/other Hierodulae or Princes at different domsummon levels.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?