.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 20th, 2010, 12:23 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Endgame Diversity Mod - Lategame summons, released at last!

Are you using Pyg's quick fix version? That will be required not to have overlapping attacks.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

Is there any information about these summons? How to know their magic paths? Could someone post it here?
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

The early era nation called "Endgame Diversity Mod" included with the mod shows all of the magic paths for the units as recruitable commanders.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM

Private

grimogre is on a distinguished road
World Re: Endgame Diversity Mod - Lategame summons, released at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabeast View Post

Here at very long last is my long-muttered-about Endgame Diversity Mod.

The purpose of the mod is to give a greater range of choices in the lategame. Hopefully, no longer must even Tir na n'Og aim to get death magic and Tartarians. Instead they can battle Ermor's Tartarians with Treants and Aesir, while the Abysians unleash the power of the Ember Lords, and Atlantis fields great krakens from the the deeps.

This mod adds 13 new summon spells to the game. Four of the resulting summons are modified versions of base game pretenders or monsters, while the other nine are original. They are quite variable in power level. The unique True Firebird is quite feeble in itself, but situationally may be very powerful. The Grendelkin is probably the strongest creature in the game physically, but has no magic. The Wendigo starts off weak but eventually becomes formidable. The Ember Lord is probably the most powerful.

The thing I am most uncertain of is the costing for the summons. I am fairly satisfied with their stats for the most part (though comments are welcome). However, I really struggled to choose the research level, path requirements and gem costs, so input there would be very welcome. Until I have had a chance to process such feedback, this should probably be considered a beta version.

The spells added are:

"Quest for the Firebird" - F4, Conj 6, 20 gems
"Awaken Zmey" - F4, Conjuration 7, 30 gems
"Awaken Ember Lord" - F6, Conjuration 9, 60 gems
"Summon Shishis" - A4 - Conjuration 6, 30 gems
"Summon Roc" - A4 - Conjuration 7, 25 gems
"Awaken Aesir" - A5 - Conjuration 8, 35 gems
"Mechanical Giant" - E5 - Construction 7, 25 gems
"Awaken Cyclops" - E6 - Conjuration 8, 35 gems
"Great Kraken" - W4 - Enchantment 7, 30 gems
"Call Grendelkin" - W3E3 - Enchantment 8, 40 gems
"Curse of the Wendigo" - W3D3 - Thaumaturgy 7, 35 gems
"Wild Ettin"- N3E2 - Enchantment 7, 25 gems
"Awaken Treant" - N5 - Enchantment 8, 40 gems

I have added an additional nation in EA, called "Endgame Diversity Mod, Testing Nation". It is able to recruit all of the new units. The idea is that it will be easily possible to see the stats and magic randoms of the new creatures without having to do lots and lots of research. However, if you enjoy surprises, don't look at the testing nation and wait till you summon the creature!

I hope people enjoy the mod, and look forward to some comments!
A mod that's hard to live without.
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road

I had a thought that it might be a good idea to separate the sample nation into a separate .dm, to avoid the sample nation being unintentionally included in random-nation picks (unless I'm mistaken and that won't occur for some reason).
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:33 PM

BANNED USER

Frozen Lama is on a distinguished road

I do not believe that llamabeast ever updated the .zip file in the OP. so use pyg's fix on page 8 of the thread.

llama- please update! thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Lama For This Useful Post:
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

Is there any list of monsters for this mod with all stats, including magic levels?
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Dice View Post
The early era nation called "Endgame Diversity Mod" included with the mod shows all of the magic paths for the units as recruitable commanders.
militarist: Read the thread next time.
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:32 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

I finally tried it out tonite using the built in nation with the recruitable SCs. Wow, what a blast. It's really nicely done Llama. And it's so fun to crank the AI up to max, and still just beat the stuffing out of them.

I geared all my SCs out, using the Debug mod. I think by the time you get most of these, you would be gearing them out pretty well anyway. I think the Ember Lord is probably my favorite. Great sprite, nice paths, full slots. Nice Aoe fire. What's not to like. Truly a Balrog.

Second fave would be the Grendelkin. Sure, no magic, but with the right gear it's still a very good SC. The attack skill is good from the start. I wouldn't send one out late game without gear though.

I like the Treant, but it took me a while to figure out why the change shape command wasn't doing anything. I thought it was bugged. Ahh... he's rooting when he changes shape, got it now. And indeed, he becomes quite powerful rooted. Nice slots... he's all that the Treelord should have been.

The Zmey is one of the coolest looking sprites, but I got mine wounded quite a lot going it alone. Low Protection and the lack of magic makes him like a Dragon with no magic. Impressive, but vulnerable. Anyway, I put three Spirit Helms on him, with bracers, regen ring and luck ammy, and now he's all set to kill and maim like crazy.

The Wendigo is probably the coolest idea of the whole mod. Mine got super powerful, but maybe it was in part due to the fact that I made him my prophet. And yeah, I noticed the size bug, but I guess that's already been covered. Very cool idea though... you just have to keep him moving, so he doesn't eat everyone, much like Hinnom. I guess some growth scale would tame that.

I didn't try out the Pretender units. I already know them pretty well. I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to use the True Firebird, though a +50 fortune teller is nothing to scoff at. The Shishi's as well, I'm not sure how to use, though they look like awesome castle defenders.

As for costs, I'll let you guys figure that out. I'm not really good at judging that sort of thing.

PS: Now I just need to find an MP game where I can actually use these guys.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:15 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Well done on this mod Llamabeast, its exactly what the end game needed, more diversity.