.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 11th, 2006, 09:50 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default In-Game Typos

I figured we should have a separate thread for actual bugs and another for less fatal but still annoying things called typos.

List in-game typos (misspelled pretender titles, unit names, typos in unit descriptions or erroneous descriptions etc) here. That way the bug thread will not get cluttered with the less important stuff and we can get the typo stuff ironed out here (because inevitably there will be arguments about proper spelling wrt UK vs US spelling). Just remember that Illwinter has preferred UK spelling in the past and that we should probably stick to it for the sake of consistency.

Let's follow the format of the bug thread, so that we post the problem issue in bold and then more detailed stuff in normal text below it. See my next post for examples.

Now, if only some friendly mod or admin were to stickify this. Thanks!

Edi
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: In-Game Typos

I'll start off:

Site: Villa of Everchanging Fresques
Should be "Villa of Everchanging Frescoes"

Fort: Jewled City
Should be "Jewelled City"

Edi

Last edited by Edi; September 21st, 2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Corporal

Ozymandias is on a distinguished road

I got the random event:

A prospector genious has found a small gold deposit. 200 pounds of gold was found.

It should probably read:
A prospector genius has found a small gold deposit. 200 pounds of gold were found.

Old December 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Reverend Zombie is on a distinguished road

Or even:

A genius prospector has found a small gold deposit. 200 pounds of gold were found.
When that they find nothing but waste...

Old December 14th, 2006, 05:01 PM

Corporal

Actuarian is on a distinguished road

The weapon called Delibitative Poison should be Debilitative Poison.

Old December 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Corporal

Actuarian is on a distinguished road

A negative skill adjustment of my prophet for being out of his dominion was listed as "+-3".

Correction: The negative skill adjustment display problem is not just for the prophet and is not directly related to being out of dominion. It shows up as negative heat adjustments to skills for my cold-loving Jotuns.
Old February 14th, 2007, 07:58 AM

Private

B_Bond is on a distinguished road

Ok, i guess I'll list this here (Even though it's not technically a typo) because it's getting absolutely no attention in the bug thread

The Heart Hider Hero from ME Shinuyama is still lacking a description. It may not seem serious but I hardly play dominions anymore because my favourite nation has a hero with no description. An alternative to adding a description would be to simply disable the hero. I'm not sure that would be any easier but, hey, as long as it's fixed in the next patch.
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:05 AM

A crapload of typos found in unit descriptions while compiling the bug list.

Kristoffer, if you want these added into the shortlist thread, tell me and I'll copy the post from here and add it there.

TYPOS, UNIT DESCRIPTIONS
  • U664 Hastatus typo "...wield shorts words and..." --> "...wield short swords and..."
  • U686 Hastatus typo "...wield shorts words and..." --> "...wield short swords and..."
  • U751/3 Thing that Should not Be typo, name should be written "Thing That Should Not Be"
  • U758/2 Thing of many Eyes typo, name should be written "Thing of Many Eyes"
  • U1058 Hippocampus typo extra full stop at the end
  • U1084 Moose typo word "feast" should be "feasts"
  • U1189 Mictlan Priest typo "...a more prominent priests..." --> "...a more prominent priest..."
  • U1215 Marverni Chieftain typo "...The nobles or Marverni..." --> "...The nobles of Marverni..."
  • U1297 Erinya (Megeara) typo at the end of description, "unrelenting one" should be "Unrelenting One" as it is used as a title
  • U1298 Erinya (Tisiphone) typo at the end of description, "avenger of murder" should be "Avenger of Murder" as it is used as a title
  • U1349/2 Devourer of Souls typo in the description, "Devourer of Soul" should be "Devourer of Souls
  • U1426 Crowned Ape typo "...where apes ,and not humans..." --> "...where apes, and not humans..."
  • U1427 Bakemono Sorcerer typo "DaiBbakemono...Old and wise...leads..." --> "Dai Bakemono...lead..."
  • U1433/2 Kitsune typo "...lowborn peasants to greatness ,or...Kitsune are stealthy, and in human guise has..." --> "...lowborn peasants to greatness, or...Kitsune are stealthy, and in human guise have..."
  • U1459 Oracle of the Ancients typo "...here lives a few Ancient Ones and...Oracles tries..." --> "...here live a few Ancient Ones and...Oracles try..."
  • U1475 Attendant of the Oracles typo "...here lives a few surviving..." --> "...here live a few surviving..."
  • U1490/2 Umbral typo "...Umbrals lurks." --> "...Umbrals lurk."
  • U1534 Minotaur Lord description error "...Minotaur commanders." --> "...Minotaur Lords."
  • U1556 Cerulean warrior typo "They armies...loose their humanity..." --> "The armies...lose their humanity..."
  • U1558/2 Tlahuelpuchi typo "...they removes their feet..." --> "...they remove their feet..."
  • U1564 Mad Cultist typo "...dreams of R'lyeh, will sooner or later loose...recieved...chanting of I , I , Ftaghn. Others calls out..." --> "...dreams of R'lyeh will sooner or later lose...received...chanting of I, I, Ftaghn. Others call out..."
  • U1566 Mad One typo "...dreams of R'lyeh, will sooner or later loose..." --> "...dreams of R'lyeh will sooner or later lose..."
  • U1567 Mad Merman same as U1566
  • U1568 Mad Merman same as U1566
  • U1569/2 Mad Triton same as U1566
  • U1570 Human Dreamer typo "...The supernatural dreams of R'lyeh protects..." --> "...The supernatural dreams of R'lyeh protect..."
  • U1571 Deep One Dreamer same as U1570
  • U1572 Merman Dreamer same as U1570
  • U1573 Merman Dreamer same as U1570
  • U1574 Triton Dreamer same as U1570
  • U1576 Mad Hybrid typo "...have recieved..." --> "...have received..."
  • U1582 Guardian of the Tree typo "...was an orphan and were on his way..." --> "...was an orphan and he and his master were on their way..." or "...was an orphan and on his way..."
  • U1583 Maker of Heroes typo "Athalwolf is an ancient shaman that have trained...aid of ancestors." --> "Athalwolf is an ancient shaman who has trained...aid of the ancestors."
  • U1586 Pontifex Maximus typo "...Arch Bishops of the new faith lets..." --> "...Arch Bishops of the new faith let..."
  • U1588 Wanderer typo "In the depths of Carnutes, lives...Animals in turn, avoid..." --> "In the depths of Carnutes lives...In turn, animals avoid..."
  • U1497/2 Attentive Statue typo "stand vigour" --> stand vigil
  • U1660 Reassembled Prince typo "...cowardly attacked by Shades...necromancy by the Sauromancers..." --> "...treacherously attacked by Shades...necromancy from the Sauromancers..."
  • U1706 Ape Oracle typo "...her Band...life. The Mchumba..." --> "...her band...life. Mchumba..." Unless Mchumba is a title instead of a name, of course.
  • U1708 Consort of the Dead typo "...Ekishnugals reign...rarely aid..." --> "...Ekishnugal's reign...rarely aids..."
  • U1713 Devala typo "...devalsa followed..." --> "...devalas followed..."
  • U1715/2 Pisacha typo "...inhaits cemetaries...forever curses..." --> "...inhabits cemeteries...forever curse..."
  • U1748 Mandaha typo "...All fires recognizes them..." --> "...All fires recognize them..."
  • U1767 Davana typo "...are vulnerable to fire since the war..." --> "...have been vulnerable to fire since the war..."
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:37 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

U* Whatever "Shamen" should get replaced with "Shamans"

More bugs when I have time to remember and collect them.
Emergency comic relief
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM

That one is not included because, while "shamans" is technically correct English and "shamen" is not, it is possible that the particular tribe/nation would use the incorrect word in their speech. An issue of dialects/game universe flavor in that case.

Furthermore, I will not do your legwork for you. If you wish to report an unlisted typo, you WILL include the id number of the unit or it will not be reported. Because I cannot be arsed to go through the unit DB to look at every unit that might have "Shaman" in the name and then poring over their descriptions to find which one(s) are affected.

Nothing personal, it's a matter of principle as much as anything else. If I give in just once and do people's digging for them, nobody will bother to report things in sufficient detail because they will assume I will take care of all the details.

Edi