.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 24th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Started)

Damn, I missed that.

While Marignon clearly wasn't in a position to do much of anything anymore, it would have been nice if he had at the very least notified the admin, as asked in the OP.
Old June 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANDalusian Sun: Anonymous LA Game for experienced players. (Started)

It was Llamabeast.
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Apologies for that. I was in a twilight state of being doomed and trapped in my capital for... maybe 20 turns? And of course I couldn't talk to anyone. So I kind of lost track of things a bit.

I attacked Atlantis early for fun, and made progress until they started fighting back. It was looking to be a fun war, but then Jomon attacked me (fair play, I should have noticed them massing on my borders), and then Mictlan piled in on the next turn. Probably coincidence since I'm not sure Mictlan can have known what was happening. So my three turns were like:
n: Oh, Atlantis can actually kill my troops when they try! This should be a fun war.
n+1: Oh, Jomon has attacked. I have probably lost, but this could still be a fun war if I play well.
n+2: Mictlan has attacked. Ugh.

Anyway I quickly got trapped in my capital, and then sat there building Lifelong Protections with the blood slaves obtained from mages in my other fort (which Mictlan inexplicably didn't siege for ages. I also had a few Soul Contracts so my army was gradually improving. Finally I burst out of my capital and satisfyingly massacred Jomon's sieging army, and went on a brief rampage. After a few turns though he gathered an army to attack me. I was looking forward to thrashing him - my army was strong enough to last a few turns, and I had 6 Lifelong Protections, so time would swing the battle my way. However he had some flying things (can't remember what now - actually maybe it was Mictlan with Eagle Warriors) which swooped in and killed all my commanders with the Lifelong Protections on the first round of combat. Vastly disappointing.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Apparently there are some issues with various mods (including CBM) due to the new modding commands in the last patch. I haven't looked into it myself yet, (Hell, I didn't even watch my turn yet. Or patch the game.) but will it be necessary to put the game on hold till the issue is fixed, or is it possible to play on regardless?
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM

First Lieutenant

I don't know. If anyone knows for sure what to do now, please PM me.
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

It seems that some magic sites were affected also, can anyone else confirm this change?
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:30 AM

First Lieutenant

24h added as it seems some of the sites are heavily affected by the new patch and one of the players looses too much from it.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:35 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
24h added as it seems some of the sites are heavily affected by the new patch and one of the players looses too much from it.
Since most players have already submited a (possibly provisory?) turn, I've supplemented this by turning off quickhost, so everyone who wants to submit an updated turn has the opportunity to do so. I'll turn it back on for next turn.

As far as I understand the working of mods everything pertaining turn resolution (including gem income from the affected sites and the like) will be resolved using the newly fixed version on the Llamaserver, (Thanks Llama!) but recruiting is handled client side, so you might want to see if you can recruit a couple of more dudes due the resource costs of affected units being brought back to normal.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Hmm, I hadn't realized it straight away, but apparently Llama's (awesome and quickly delivered fix) only corrects the weapons/armour issues, but not the site modding change.

I'm not certain how to fix it, since - even if I managed to identify and fix all the affected sites in our combo mods, which I have no idea how te even start to do; or got someone else to do it - I believe it's not possible to update mods on the Llamaserver, nor to upload an updated version and switch to it in mid-game.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed from here on?

I've added 24h for now awaiting people's brilliant ideas. (Common, I know you're all brilliant, don't try to be modest about it now...) Will be gone myself most of the day tomorrow, though I'll try to check in before leaving.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Due to an utter lack of brilliance on y'all's part I had to ask over on the other forum, but apparently there indeed isn't a way to update mods mid-game, so I'm afraid we'll have to move on as is. Tough luck for those badly affected.