World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 18th, 2001, 08:38 PM

Private

WarChild is on a distinguished road
Default \"Mega Evil Empire\" triggering

hey folks...
just a quick question or two hopefully someone can answer:
1) in a multiplayer game, do all the AI races declare war on only the first MEE, or on every player that subsequently crosses the MEE trigger point??
2) if a player who has become MEE, but subsequently drops below the trigger point(i.e. getting battered by a multi-front war and losing points and position on the score chart), does the AI engage in treaty negotiations again or is it just "forever war"??

------------------
"It makes no difference what men think of War. War endures. War was always here. Before man was, War waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner."
Old March 18th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: \"Mega Evil Empire\" triggering

I don't believe that the second place player can become MEE. If the MEE is "200% the score of other players" or whatever, the second place person will never be ahead of the 1st place & so can't be MEE
Old March 18th, 2001, 10:33 PM

Sergeant

jc173 is on a distinguished road

Actually SJ I think it might be possible in a multiplayer game for a human who was in a lower position to trigger the MEE flag especially if the AIs hammered the guy who originally triggered it.

WC I'm not sure exactly how it works but the AI regards the MEE as a huge anger penalty err or bonus depending on how you look at the situation. For most AI's, they are about 50 points angrier with the MEE. I'm not sure how angry that really is since a lot of AI's have a natural anger decrease of about -3 or -5 pts or so. Or that may not be just a one time increase to their anger, they may always look at the MEE with at least 50 anger.
Old March 18th, 2001, 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Marty Ward is on a distinguished road

Good queston Warchild. What does happen if one player is replaced by another as MEE? I've never seen it happen but I'm sure it could.
Old March 19th, 2001, 10:53 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

1 - There are two conditions to become MEE. First is a score threshold, which an empire must exceed in order to become a MEE. Second is a condition that FIRST empire must surpass a score of SECOND empire by some percentage (varies for human and AI player). If BOTH conditions are true, the empire becomes a MEE. So, you can only have 1 empire become MEE. The same applies for multiplayer as well.

2 - Yes, the empire will lose its MEE status, but will still be at war with other races. That empire will have to make diplomatic negotiations in order to stop these wars (it is only possible when you lose MEE status).

jc - The AI anger has nothing to do with determining MEE status. It just makes AI hate an empire that has ALREADY become MEE. It also prevents it from making any treaty or trade with MEE empire as well.
Old March 19th, 2001, 01:48 PM

Sergeant

jc173 is on a distinguished road

Daynarr, does it always look at the MEE as having at least a base anger level of 50 or whatever for that specific race, ie this anger level permanent or is it just one a time increase that is added on when MEE is triggered. My guess is that is permanent base anger level.
Old March 19th, 2001, 04:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure but I believe that ‘Regular Decrease’ value located in AI Anger file affects it. AFAIK each empire has one anger value for each empire encountered. So all these parameters located in AI Anger and Politics files work together when determining attitude towards MEE empire.

It is very possible, on the other hand, that base anger level for MEE determines the lowest possible anger value while that empire is MEE. I just don't know.
Old March 20th, 2001, 01:13 AM

Private

WarChild is on a distinguished road

daynarr (since you seem to be pretty knowledgable about this topic):
if a player who was MEE but was subsequently replaced by another as MEE, would the first player have any indication that they were no longer MEE?

------------------
"It makes no difference what men think of War. War endures. War was always here. Before man was, War waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner."
Old March 20th, 2001, 01:33 AM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

I suppose the fact that you have 30% of the 1st place players score is an indication that you have been replaced as MEE
Old March 20th, 2001, 01:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

Marty Ward is on a distinguished road

I guess if you were playing without being able to view all scores the only way you could tell was if you got offered or could give a treaty.