Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2011, 02:05 AM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Shock Re: Fed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Im still reading the thread. I think its really funny.
It is so much like threads in other forums here, and even on other games sites. Most of it just minor opinions of course. Obviously no one is ignoring you.

Did you buy the game?

I did and I can tell you it's a flat out waste of money.

Glad you find humor in trash software being sold. lol.
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
Im still reading the thread. I think its really funny.
It is so much like threads in other forums here, and even on other games sites. Most of it just minor opinions of course. Obviously no one is ignoring you.
Yeah, I agree to Skirmisher. Do you own this game? Have you tested the demo? If not, you don't know what you're talking about. This game is a waste of money and I'm still upset about it. And Shrapnel don't care and don't refund us.
And you have to acknowledge that all people who bought this game and voiced their opinion here think the same.
Old July 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM

BANNED USER

Mike_T is on a distinguished road

Shrapnel - I think you're running scared of your customers. Are you hoping this is going to go away. When are you going to do something to salvage your reputation?

Honestly, when you eventually look back on this fiasco, you're sure going to wish you'd done something positive instead of hiding away like cowards. It's utterly pitiful - and you're going to be the losers, unless you do something very soon.
Old July 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM

Sergeant

Man, we have a total deadlock here. Either we cooperate with Aaron, which requires a lot of effort, since he obviously has difficulties programming a decent AI, or Shrapnel finally dismisses this game, which I think is not gonna happen. Hopefully there'll be some progress here. It really depends on what you want, and I'm not sure if I should support this game anymore. By the way, have you noticed that Shrapnel wrote in their last Frag!- Newsletter that Aaron is evaluating a new patch, and wants opinions about that in the forum? But he sure doesn't communicate much with us here, neither does Shrapnel. I wonder what to do next.
OK, filed another support request in the Shrapnel store. I hope I can bring them to recognize our complaints again. There really has been no progress since my last demand to give a statement here.

Last edited by spillblood; July 1st, 2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM

Sergeant

I think the FTC Complaints also will not achieve anything because there are not enough people complaining, which is caused by the little community this game has left. I'm asking again, are ScottWAR and I the only ones who have filed a complaint there?
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM

Sergeant

Any news? There's zero activity here.
Old July 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Private

Wolfe1759 is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on this game from all the posters above.

Already owning Weird Worlds, War Plan Pacific and most recently Dominions 3 I had quiet a favourable opinion of the titles offered by Shrapnel and was just about to purchase WS.

Thankfully having read this thread I have been saved both money and disappointment.
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Sergeant

Man, they ignored my last support ticket and I've still received no answer to my last two E-Mails to Aaron Hall. Seems their new tactic is to just completely ignore all stuff we send to them.
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Private

usmcrave99 is on a distinguished road

I think it's time everyone just gave up on the game and Malfador in general. Aaron didn't, wouldn't or couldn't fix the AI during Beta testing, despite being told a full month before release, see my email to him below.

Note on the subject, v.18 was followed by .19, .20, .21 & .22 prior to the release version.

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:22 PM
To: 'Malfador Machinations'
Subject: WF V.18 AI

Aaron,

I've noticed this in all my v.18 games, single player only: The AI does not build cities. At all. Ever. Game is attached, just load it up and view the Nation Statistics. Two of the AI Players have Territory Values better than mine, but they have no credits and no units to speak of. They did manage to put me on the defensive for a while, as I'd over-extended, but they didn't build any cities and therefore couldn't match production long-term. I think someone else has mentioned this before, but they may not have emailed about it, just posted in the forum.

<< File: Game14.zip >>

Another thing: An option to Decommission or Upgrade facilities, and the ability to Upgrade units, to newer versions, after you research new levels, would be a good change. Since stacking Fabrication Complexes doesn't seem to give a bonus, you shouldn't have to keep the Level 1's around as all they do is take up space and supply, ableit not very much. Might also be helpful to create a separate Purchases menu for buildings, or just add a Setting where only the latest items are available for purchase, since after finishing all research items the window still gets cluttered, even with only Ground selected.

I think that's all for now...
The Following User Says Thank You to usmcrave99 For This Useful Post:
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Sergeant

Thanks for posting, usmcrave99. Here's the answer I received to my last support request, I wanna share it with you:

">Would you please answer to that ticket? I'm waiting for at least two weeks for an answer and there's zero activity in the forums, plus, Aaron just doesn't answer E-Mails to him anymore.

Hi Lars:

> I've compiled all our observations of the AI issues from the forum and sent them to Aaron about four weeks ago, and I've supplied savegames >and logs of these games to him, but I'm waiting for a response to this for two weeks now.

Please send to us through this support center the information you sent to Aaron. We have asked over and over that you contact Shrapnel Games support here for bugs or problems with the games. We DO NOT use the forums for customer support. While contacting Aaron may make you feel good, we have no way to document what you are finding as the problems.

Please help us to help you."

My comment to that: What use is it to send this stuff to the support center? Aaron has already received it, I've got confirmation from him via E-Mail.
Closed Thread