.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Germany 2

Turn 26

Charlie sending a platoon to try to deal with the two enemy tanks, but that AAMG is causing problems. I'm going to put some smoke out to cover my force. My scout, which came out of support points went, "Eeek!!!" and ran. Didn't use his satchel charg. One platoon is heading toward the howitzers and the other is in reserve at the moment.

Bravo found an ATG and support machine guns took it out. There are about seven enemy squads to the west; four are running. I'm holding and waiting for armor support. My armored car is passing south of B1 and should be there soon.

Alpha forming up to crest the hill all at once.

Tanks lagging behind my armored car. Should be passing B1 in a turn or two.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 1x50mm ATG destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Captain

Turn 27

Those tanks are being a pain on my right flank. My movement hasn't been stopped, but it certainly has been slowed. I'm trying to move on the tanks, soaking off their fire to allow my killers to get close. The scout regrouped and was able to toss a satchel charge, but no results. A little further south, one platoon found a howitzer and put it out of action. I don't know if the gun is destroyed, but the crew is running. Just as good. The other is the one I shelled early on. It pulled back 100m. One platoon is closing in on it also. One enemy squad returned to be clobbered again.

Engineers and one platoon of Bravo forming up in B2. The other two platoons are trading fire with an enemy platoon up high and are pinned. Shifted one mortar section to try to help. My armored car pulled up and took a few shots at 500m. Lead of tank column south of B1. Light tanks will support Bravo and medium tanks will turn north and move on enemy tanks. Somewhere, there is another enemy ATG. Those things done come one at a time.

Alpha still forming up.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Captain

Turn 28

My infantry put up an east-west line of smoke for cover. One enemy tank tried to push through and caught a lot of small arms fire. I also pelted it with 50mm direct fire from a light mortar. It made the mistake of getting to close. I might be able to overwhelm it next turn. The other tank is about 100m north of the smoke line and only a scout is out there. One other Charlie platoon is moving on the last howitzer, which starting sling rounds 150m in the wrong direction. Keep running into enemy AT teams, but they die fast.

The fire fight between Bravo and Germans on the top of the hill is continuing. Light tanks getting closer. Medium tanks are swinging north on the east side of B1. My armored car moved up to get better fire on target. Support machine guns are also hitting the enemy from 1000m+ and dropping a few. My mortars dropped on one of the enemy squads, but three still out of the impact zone.

Alpha is ready to move out after the enemy up top are suppressed.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Captain

Turn 29

Swarmed over one German tank with a platoon of infantry and another supporting with fire. They succeeded in immobilizing it; the crew bailed and were destroyed. The other enemy tank stood off, firing at my infantry, but didn't seem to do much. The smoke thin some and the enemy AAMG was firing again. Charlie's remaining platoon was all over the enemy howitzer and it was destroyed.

Bravo is still slugging it out with Germans in and near B2. There is an MG-34 in there as well. Slowly, the enemy is becoming unravelled. My light tanks are still moving in and managed to put some long range machine gun fire on the top of the hill. The enemy should be broken up soon. Mortar fire still hitting around the enemy, as they try to move forward.

Alpha held off moving up because the enemy wasn't suppressed enough.

Medium tanks moving north past B1, but might not be needed to deal with enemy tanks.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:40 PM

Captain

Turn 30

My troops rushed the last enemy tanks and succeeded in rattling him. He was seen heading west at full speed. Two enemy scout teams showed up from the northeast and traded fire with a platoon. They are holding their own at the moment, but without the tank to distract them, Charlie will take care of them quickly. The Germans haven't succeeded in turning any of the flags back in this area. The platoon that had pushed into C2 to destroy an enemy howitzer moved southwest into the open to fire on the enemy there.

Enemy west of B2 is crumbling. Located and destroyed the enemy MG-34 in B2. The woods are mostly clear, but I'm still guessing they have another 50mm ATG around somewhere. Units south of the woods pushed more to the west after light tanks lit up the enemy on the hill. There is very little resistence from the enemy on the hill top now.

Two platoons of Alpha rushed onto the hilltop and fired into the enemy from the south. The Germans are catching it from the north, south and west. They won't hold.

Tanks coming through B1. I want to divert my tanks elsewhere, but I'm willing to guess the lone German tank will rally and return. I don't believe it was damaged.

It might be another turn or two, but I plotted a mortar section on the enemy AAMG. That thing has to go.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:55 PM

Captain

Turn 31

Charlie dispatched both scout teams and one platoon consolidated around objectives. Another started to push to objective north of C2 and found another MG-34. I moved my support machine guns to be able to put fire on it, but they saw one and opened up. Last platoon trading fire with disorganized enemy in hill top.

Bravo continuing to push to edge of level 20 on large hill. They stumbled on a crew. Not sure where they came from. My only guess is that second enemy ATG might have caught mortar fire and they left. Anyhow, they died, so where ever there weapon is, they won't make it back. Light tanks pushed enemy back from the crest of the hill, so no fire coming from there anymore.

Alpha is rolling up enemy right flank. No resistence here at all.

Rounds started dropping near enemy AAMG. Time to adjust.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:07 AM

Captain

Turn 32

Two platoons of Charlie held fast, except for one squad that put a torch to the abandoned enemy tank. The AAMG still is putting fire on them. My tanks are moving up slowly. They are located about 400m E of B2. I'm moving the armored car over there because it still might beat the tanks there and dispatch the MG-34, which was silent this turn. The other platoon pushed a little further south, turning three flags.

Bravo crested the hill, turning two flags on the way and dispatching a couple of enemy squads. I'm holding my light tanks back, just in case there are ATGs up top. The tanks won't be needed up there anyhow.

Alpha continuing to move to A2, destroying three enemy squads along the way. Any enemy left on the hill puts his life in peril by firing.

Casualties

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIe 50mm tank destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; September 21st, 2010 at 12:17 AM..
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:17 AM

Captain

Turn 33

Popped more smoke as a screen to the AAMG LOS. It worked, but some smoke cleared and the MG-34 opened up. Mortar section plotted on him. Rounds on target at the AAMG. Routed at the moment, but no casualties. I can wait until either my tanks show up or the mortar puts the MG-34 out of action. There is no rush. Elements of platoon on hill 50m from one flag.

Bravo holding position.

Alpha continuing to push to A2. Two more enemy squads dispatched. Only one left. Scout pealing off to turn flag 50m away.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:26 AM

Captain

Turn 34

AAMG retreating. MG-34 destroyed. One tank opened up at 1000m+ and scored a solid hit. Charlie's HMG section finished him off. Two squads got into a fire fight with fragments of an enemy squad while turning a flag. The enemy squad was zapped.

Bravo holding position.

Alpha scout turned flag on hill and dispatched last known enemy squad. Alpha moving into A2.

The only real wild card is the enemy tank. Routed is not destroyed.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:31 AM

Captain

Turn 35

One platoon moving on last flag. No resistence. Mortar fire hit enemy AAMG hard this time. Dust from enemy tank gone. It hasn't exited the map. Basically, it is on the backside of the hill building his nerve back up. My tanks are getting closer.

Bravo holding position.

Alpha pushing through A2. There was a mortar on the back side of the hill. I'm going to see if they can find it.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.