.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:20 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Machaka

Our scouts report a truly epic battle to our south. The forces of the spider riders march, drawn up in front of their false god to relieve the siege of their capital. A much larger Mictlan host encamped there marshals to meet them, though over half their number are all but naked slaves. But what is this? Apparently the large flock of turkeys accompanying Mictlan are not food stock, but sorcerers! They quickly form a huge communion while the fire priests enchant the archers with fire aether.

The initial volley of burning arrows inflict significant casualties in the weak, human host from Matchaka their feeble bodies charring from the mild fire. Nonplussed, the spider riders respond in kind and clouds of spinning blades fell among the loin cloth clad Mictlans as they also felt the sting of weak flesh being cleansed by the flame of burning arrows. The huge, terrible spiders charged forward towards ranks of trembling slaves. As the heavily blessed jaguar warriors ran towards their ominous jaws, the turkey communion finished its power ups, and the fire priests unleashed a pleasing warmth from the skies charring many a spider.

The spiders fell upon the Mictlan infantry with such terrible hunger that even the mighty Jaguar Warriors were seen to tremble as molten rocks rained down among the slaves. This was short lived however as the turkey communion began to rain much, much larger burning rocks from the heavens all among the Matchaka sorcerers, sending bodies flying hundreds of feet into the air. Boulder after boulder fell from the sky and rivers of fire poured down as unbelievable punishment was meted out to the spider riders. It seemed that this would be a fairly one sided battle as the Matchaka forces quickly dwindled. Then Fortu finished his battle enchantments and strode forward.

The mighty Scorpion King bellowed his fury and charged down the battlefield. Not a mortal present did not tremble as this terrifying godling barreled into the fray, surrounded by a burning ring and regenerating any wound to make it through his thick carapace. He drove into the Mictlan forces, heedless of the giant rocks falling from the sky, any one of which would have squished even his mighty form like the half bug he was. The Mictlan slaves had no stomach for this nightmare turned flesh and broke, leaving naught but archers between this burning manifestation of vengeance and the Mictlan mages who were now mostly too exhausted to cast spells.

Then, what is this? Tonatiuh, the prophet of Mictlan invoked a mighty Word of Power and all present watched in amazement as a star from the sky slowly grew into a burning, astral boulder twenty feet in diameter that drove straight from heaven into the paralyzed Fortu’s chest, destroying all trace of him.

Seeing the Matchaka army devastated, Baalz The Everburning, voice of the true god has decreed the time of the spider riders at an end, and hereby withdraws acknowledgment of them as a nation. Our forces move to annex the now unclaimed territories to our south. Mictlan has earned the right to spoils of war, and may claim what territories they may, but we advise them to respect the border we will shortly share. We hereby cede the underwater provinces formerly belonging to Matchaka to our starspawn neighbors in a gesture of goodwill, we will respect our shores as a boundary between our peoples that we may live in peace.

So speaks Baalz, The Everburning
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

See, you guys don't need me writing for this thread. 2 great write ups, right here.
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:11 PM

First Lieutenant

K is on a distinguished road

Are we going to run the turn (since we are two hours past), or has there been some kind of extension for someone?
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:20 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Stale turn?

How come I had a stale turn?

There was 38 hrs left to host when I went bed last night, so I was going to do my turn in the morning. This was when I checked the server.

I wake up to find I had a stale turn. So what clock are we working too?
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:17 AM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stale turn?

The server restarted (was down for about 5 min) yesterday due to a power failure, hence restarting the clock. I didn't notice it until I got back from work tonight myself and saw my emails asking me to host and read the forum.

It was actually about 56 hours between hosts. Not sure what the precedence is but I just forced the turn rather than have it go into the next day. If most people think I shouldn't have done that I can revert back. I was caught between people waiting the turn to host on schedule and the chance someone didn't realize 48 hours were almost up

I really wish there was a way to for the server to remember when the last hosting occurred, rather than time it to when the server starts. If I do happen to find out prior and change the timer I have to make sure and be around after it hosts to set the timer back or it might go too early...

Since we are at war now as penance I'll not move my armies this turn if we don't revert... I know it isn't he same as a stale...
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:30 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Velusion said:
It was actually about 56 hours between hosts.

Since we are at war now as penance I'll not move my armies this turn if we don't revert(
All this is fair enough Velusion and as long as you do not move your armies for 1 turn then I am not bothered about rehosting. I think I am going down this game anyway, just want to give you a few decent battles before I do...

I knew the game had reset, I generally view this as a nice little break.

Can we have a definite rule on this please? Is the game ran to the server clock (like every other game I am in) or the thread clock? Then there's no misunderstanding in the future. I assume which ever you deciede will apply to tempest which I am in as well and has 2 clocks.
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

Meglobob, check by connecting to the server. Status page showed my as having missed the turn for some strange reason, yet everything was OK when I connected.
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Blofeld said:
Meglobob, check by connecting to the server. Status page showed my as having missed the turn for some strange reason, yet everything was OK when I connected.
Actually this is what caused the problem. The server stats page was accurate. The reason it showed you missing a turn is because your turned in your turn over 48 hours ago from the last hosting, so it assumes you missed a turn. It can't take into effect that the server was reset.

Unless the reset happens often I'll just let the timer naturally expire from now on unless I hear a big outcry now.

Meglo - I won't move my troops
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Well, that's pretty crappy. Everyone should know that Manuk (Arcoscephale in this game) does not honor his treaties. After agreeing to a three turn notification NAP he has attacked without warning. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I asked him if he had forgotten we had the agreement and his response was:

"Yeah, I forgot, sorry.
But you didn't answer my request either. So I will stop my advance for 1 more turn but that's it."

FWIW, his request was that I stop my already in progress attack on Machaka. I hate to be the kind of guy who spreads dirt on somebody else, but nobody should negotiate with Manuk in good faith. He has used our NAP to build up a commanding research lead then attacked as soon as I committed my troops elsewhere.
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting

Well, I'm happy about this. Isn't a multi-front war fun? Now that you are being attacked by multiple nations, maybe others will see you as easy pickings and join in, like you promoted to all others against me.

Let's see some cold weather hit Abysia, the peaceful nations of the world should rise up and destroy the evil demonbreds!! Down with their flying leaders, let their flames be extinguised forever!

Now, back to my war against Mictlan.