.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frashkart : LA MP (running)

Eh, I did a lot of things last turn. That attack was just one of many.

But good game everyone. I am absolutely not against quitting. Having to check every commander I have to see if he is about to die next turn and thus shift his gemgens to someone else is a pain.

That said my position right now is strong enough that I would probably win eventually even if Patala attacked me. And I was about try retaking the Gift of Health this turn with a 250N casting so the burden would stop being a problem.

Hey Korwin? Did you get the real replay or something? I was very surprised that he managed to storm your castle because in my replay most of his forces died or was routed and the only survivors were some five-seven mages that had knocked themselves out and some jaguar warriors that were too slow to flee. My tart fled due to the turn limit. I suspect that the main difference was that his Golem with the mage bane survived in the real battle but in my replay he was magic dueled to death. He could have killed my tart I guess.

As for arco, I would never have been able to stand this strong if it was not because the arco player diapered. I had been fighting him for most of the game already and I was only barely winning and only at great cost to myself. If I would have to pay for that cost myself I would not have been able to fight Mictlan for a very long time if at all.

As for me not attacking patala, well Arco attacked me to begin with. And as TigerBlood seemed kind of new to this game, arco and mictlan seemed to be much more dangerous to let live in the long term. I have never heard about anyone scared of attacking an admin honestly. I am a little surprised that Mictlan did not attack you however.
Old January 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korwin View Post
The only thing I'm not shure about is his claim about Ermor being the reason he is not winning. Shure my lands dont give money, but they are pretty good site-searched.
Money is a huge problem for me, tbh. My own lands are rather poor to begin with, and Mictlan's domain doesnt help here. They are also low-popuplation, which is bad for blood hunting.
And to make it worse, fighting Ermor is never fast. It costs you much time, you lose much and gain nearly nothing. Meanwhile, your neighbours fight normal enemies who can be crushed fast, and conquer populated lands. Not to mention that Ermor will, most likely, defeat you 1vs1 if he knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
As for arco, I would never have been able to stand this strong if it was not because the arco player diapered. I had been fighting him for most of the game already and I was only barely winning and only at great cost to myself. If I would have to pay for that cost myself I would not have been able to fight Mictlan for a very long time if at all.
It sucks when large nations go AI. Still, well played. Consider it a payback for whatever that game was, where you played Tien Chi and nearly won by rushing everyone at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
I am a little surprised that Mictlan did not attack you however.
Metagame... I didnt know our Ermor is actually just learning the basics of his nation, so I was really preparing to try and stop him. Normally, ignoring Ermor and letting it conquer others one by one is a suicide. And I expected Patala to prevent you from conquering all of Arco's lands, or mb help me against Ermor and, later, against you. Alas.
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Corporal

TigerBlood is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea what I was doing as Patala. I have a small amount of experience subbing for Lanka, but no other MP experience with the monkey nations.

I was clamming from about turn 20 or so. I have 70+ clams, though I might have lost a few due to BoT. Aside from making more clams, the only thing I was doing was focusing on Patala's astral summons and trying to get a blood economy up and running. My efforts at creating a blood stone factory were hindered by the fact that only my pretender was natively able to create blood stones. I managed to empower one of my Naga in blood, but that was relatively recent.

I realised about turn 50, that clams are not all they are cracked up to be (at least for my play style). A gem-gen income means very little unless you have an effective outlet for all of those extra gems, plus mage turns become more important as the game drags on. I did manage to summon a few decent astral commanders and forged a few Rings of Sorcery and a pair of Rings of Wizardry, but the majority of my astral went into Dispels, cheap summons and boosters.

I am sure someone with more experience would have had a better strategy.

In any case, if there are no objections, then Corinthian as Ulm can be named the victor. I'll give it 24 hours, then make it official, unless someone wants to continue. I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve, and I could probably slow Ulm down for a couple of turns, but I doubt I could prevent them from overruning Patala.
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

I think everyone had money problems in this game. The only provinces on the map that regularly got more than 5000 pop would be the ones in the north around arco. In my neck of the woods there was only forests and mountains and Patala started in a desert and never got out of it. Atleast I did not have many close neighbors. By comparison Patala was doomed by the fact that even had its provinces not been terrible, it started in the very middle of the map surrounded by everyone. Had he gone to war someone else would probably have stabbed him in the back due to him bordering so many other people.

Thinking of it, Mictlan probably had among the better starting positions when it comes to money. Atleast when it comes to the water provinces. Too bad that he had some of the worst scales that i have ever seen in an MP game ever. Drain 3? Really? for a nation with sacred 60g researchers? I have actually seen LA R'lyeth played with stronger scales than that. And no Oracle pretender? Though I guess Mictlan dont need much research in the first half of the game.

And also, I though there was a law that said that LA Mictlan must take the oracle pretender!
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

I have more or less overcome my drain-3 research, actually. Mictlan can (barely) afford it because its dominion doesnt spread automatically, so I've moved all my researchers to another castle.
And the scales - well, try to squeeze a good bless in vanilla Dominion without sacrificing your scales. Mictlan is all about bless, after all. And Monolith allowed me to take N4 bless in addition to astral/fire.
All in all, it may not be THE best choice, but it was solid enough. I think I'd have a very good chance at winning the game, were it not LA Ermor in this game and Arco gone AI.
At the very least, we'd have quite a war over the throne.

Gratz.
Old January 13th, 2012, 02:26 AM

Corporal

TigerBlood is an unknown quantity at this point

Frashkart is now officially finished. Ulm is victorious. Congratulations Corinthian!

Thank you everyone for playing. Best of luck in future games.