.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old November 14th, 2003, 02:18 AM

Sergeant

LordArioch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

So that explains the -3 losses. Strangely this did not happen when I had my blood slaves drive off the enemy one time, perhaps because the only commander in the area was from province defense.
Old November 16th, 2003, 02:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

you might use them as patrollers. Are they fast?(that boosts patrolling)

Speaking of which (back to subject) I know harpys were downgraded back in Dom1 to not being extra-good patrollers but then you made speed a factor. Harpys have a speed of 4? did they have to be downgraded that far?

Also for some reason the Pangaea Longbows (centaurs) dont have an option to fire at rearmost
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old November 16th, 2003, 04:17 AM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Saber Cherry:
It might be fun to Gift of Reason one of them, empower her in Blood, and turn her into a renegade ex-bloodslave slave-gatherer...=)
That's possibly even more warped than what I did once in Dom I -- summon scads of werewolves, hand out sanguine dowsing rods, and have 'em look for victims.
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:48 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pocus is on a distinguished road

the blood slaves bug date back from doms I and has never been fixed. Not a big deal anyway.
Old November 16th, 2003, 10:39 AM

Major General

Saber Cherry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocus:
the blood slaves bug date back from doms I and has never been fixed. Not a big deal anyway.
Yes it is, I want them back in my gembox!! =)

The only time I saw a leader take bloodslaves underwater, they stayed safe in their gembox during battle. Which is good, cause they'd drown otherwise. Conceptually it's a little strange, though=)
Old November 16th, 2003, 10:45 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

two things:

1. Knights of Avalon don't have an alicorn attack, but instead a hoof attack. [this better be a bug ]

2. 'new era' pangaea come with a black harpy at the beginning, despite the fact that they can't recruit black harpies. at the least this is a little strange...
Old November 16th, 2003, 10:57 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by st.patrik:
two things:

1. Knights of Avalon don't have an alicorn attack, but instead a hoof attack. [this better be a bug ]

2. 'new era' pangaea come with a black harpy at the beginning, despite the fact that they can't recruit black harpies. at the least this is a little strange...
1) Bug. Unknown. Thanks.
2) Bug/strangeness. Known.

Also Centaur Cataphract very cheap compared to Minotaur Commander.
Old November 16th, 2003, 11:48 PM

BANNED USER

Sammual is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byler:
No one has mentioned yet the trick of equipping assassins with magical eyes and sending them against the Cyclops - in Dom I he would often find the magic eye on the assassin's body, put out his own eye, and put the magic eye in its place.

In my opinion, whenever a leader finds an item that curses, horror marks or diseases the bearer, causes an affliction when equipped (eyes and hearts), or can't be removed once equipped, it should be sent to the lab. Perhaps even all salvaged items should be sent to the item treasury (instead of being equipped on the finder) - that would be preferable to the current system.

Otherwise, we'll just see more "assassins" with bane venom charm (or fever fetish, or rod of the leper king), knife of the damned, eye of aiming (if you're going against a Cyclops), and possibly black heart (if it wasn't an assassin to begin with) - in addition to the medallion of vengeance, of course.

I don't mind (much) losing a commander to an assassin with rod of the phoenix, bane blade, or some other powerful item that kills my commander - or even to summoning assassins (skeleton talisman, lifelong protection, empoisoners or other death mages using Raise Skeletons). Or having them permanently weakened by an assassin with a Flesh Eater, Black Bow of Botulf, or now Vision's Foe.

But I do mind having a commander (or prophet, or pretender) crippled by a failed assassination attempt because he imprudently looted the assassin's corpse and put on cursed items. Any non-mindless being should know better than to wear a Bane Venom Charm (unless lifeless or undead), or put out its one eye for an Eye of Aiming.
I agree.
In my mind this is a bug.
Looted items should go to a LAB not get equiped by whoever finds it.

Sammual
Old November 17th, 2003, 02:49 AM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

I could see a case for some auto-equipping cursed items, depending on the nature of the curse (think powerful items that either can mask the curse or otherwise appeal to the finder), but even that should require an MR check.

Something like Stormbringer might be pretty hard to put down, or to meekly set aside and deliver to the lab, despite the downside of occasionally going berserk and turning on your associates...
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:57 AM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristoffer O:
quote:
Originally posted by st.patrik:
two things:

1) Bug. Unknown. Thanks.
2) Bug/strangeness. Known.

Also Centaur Cataphract very cheap compared to Minotaur Commander.

One other thing I noticed about Pangaea (I don't remember whether it was 'new era' or standard theme) was that their starting commander starts with more troops under his command than he is capable of commanding - I think he has 36 satyrs, but only is capable of commanding 25.