.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old August 31st, 2006, 10:46 AM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Unit graphics

I think it would be a good idea to share our unit graphics.
When Im gonna start to work on my total conversion mod, I will post all images in the modding forum.
Btw Gandalf or some moderator who cares about this... perhaps there should be a sub-forum for User made graphics only? [Like on the civfanatics forum..]

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old August 31st, 2006, 01:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unit graphics

Hmmm lets try it here for now. Lets hope that some macroer can create the icon library like they did for dom2
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Hmmm lets try it here for now. Lets hope that some macroer can create the icon library like they did for dom2
Preferably with the all-important action sprites. I think it'd be pretty neat if IW put out a basic, or even complete, set of the image files to work from. The biggest reason I abandoned working on my last mod was that I just couldn't get around the huge hassle capturing those action sprites entailed. Given that the new sprites are even more detailed... Well, it's a pretty intimidating prospect.
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:52 PM

Major

Yup, I just replied in the main thread about this. Lets try to host our images here for now. Everyone can make an own thread and post their images in those. I think it will work very well.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:52 AM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Given that the new sprites are even more detailed...
What do you mean by that? 64x64 as opposed to 32x32? I thought they didnt change the sprite dimensions.
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Amos said:
Quote:
Given that the new sprites are even more detailed...
What do you mean by that? 64x64 as opposed to 32x32? I thought they didnt change the sprite dimensions.
They did. Again. As seen on the AAR's, the units are starting to have real details to them. They look much better, and many (most?) of the oldest sprites dating back to Dom:PPP have been redrawn. They could still be used, however - doubling the size of all image files works, and the difference isn't that great.

There's also the new mod command for giving a unit the sprite of some other unit, and that should help quite a bit.
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:01 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

We didnt change the sprites. It was just lots of old sprites that were never redrawn with the 64 size in dom2.

So keep your sprites the way they are. It's just my concern to redraw the remaining 32's (zoomed to 64, but still blurry).
Old September 1st, 2006, 09:29 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
We didnt change the sprites. It was just lots of old sprites that were never redrawn with the 64 size in dom2.

So keep your sprites the way they are. It's just my concern to redraw the remaining 32's (zoomed to 64, but still blurry).
Really? There's so much difference between the old and the new sprites, I just quessed you must've changed the resolution upwards again. They look VERY GOOD, and doing that without upping the resolution (and with those tools...)
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM

Major

Quote:
Endoperez said:
Quote:
Kristoffer O said:

Really? There's so much difference between the old and the new sprites, I just quessed you must've changed the resolution upwards again. They look VERY GOOD, and doing that without upping the resolution (and with those tools...)
I absolutely agree, the new sprites are excellent, according to the screenshots.