.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM

Private

Mltdwn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Excellent software for mapmakers

Actually, cheap software that is well made and can handle sci-fi, fantasy, interiors, actual fractal generation of terrain, and umpteen billion other uses:

http://www.nbos.com

Been using it for years along with CC. Personally I like the NBos better because it will generate a realistic world for you easily using actual scientific fractal formulas.
Old September 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

That software from NBOS also looks good. But the screenshots dont seem to show alot of icon type items to add to the map. Are there upgrade libraries or something for that?

It looks like it will create wrappable maps

The scripting it allows might be good for someone creating an automated edging tool (draw around all of the terrain features), then divide them into provinces, and add a white dot to each.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old September 28th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Private

Mltdwn is on a distinguished road

Yes, and you can add your own graphics and Icons... And they actually do have quite alot of icons that you can add, just the demo and screenshots don't add them.
Old September 28th, 2006, 04:39 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mltdwn said:
Actually, cheap software that is well made and can handle sci-fi, fantasy, interiors, actual fractal generation of terrain, and umpteen billion other uses:

http://www.nbos.com

Been using it for years along with CC. Personally I like the NBos better because it will generate a realistic world for you easily using actual scientific fractal formulas.
The maps made with the Spartan editor are definitely looking much better then the maps made with CC2 pro, FM 7.0 or CC3.
Eh and I ordered CC3, because I thought that it will be the best to make maps for doms 3. 3 days later I discovered the Spartan editor. [Well my friend adviced it to me to try it out.]
What a shame.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."