.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road
Default Modding Questions

Before I can really get in to pestering the devs for modding powers, it would be nice to know what modding powers we now have in Dominions 3. For example:

Can we mod a nation to Free Spawn?

With Soulgate gone and Carrion Woods wrapped into normal Pangaea, there is a definite lack of Freespawning countries. While I grant that we can "work around" this by giving nations a national troop that spawns troops, it would be nice to put in a version of the old Soulgate or make new freespawn positions. Is that possible?

Can we mod a unit to be an expert on a spell?

While there is now a copy stats function that will allow us to make units experts with the Vine Ogre spell, can we mod up units that get extra effects out of other spells? Evil scientists who get extra effects from Crossbreeding or Corpse Men would be nice, can we do that?

Can we mod National Researchable Spells?

I think we could work around the problem by coppying a nation from a different era and then changing the paths and effects on the relevant spells, but that's ugly. I'd like to be able to just input new national researchable spells, is that possible?

-Frank
Old October 5th, 2006, 03:26 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding Questions

1) Old Soul Gate and Carrion Woods effects are now Global spells. As long as the global spell is in effect, you get your freespawns. I don't think there are modding commands for freespawns.

2) Not to my knowledge, but at least for Corpse Men there are various items that have that effect. Also, if even single unit with that ability exists, it is possible to copy that power. It'd be nice to have such units added for spells that support that.

3) I don't think spell modding has changed from DomII. I don't know how much it will change, or when. I think at least modding existing spells so that they become national, researchable spells is planned.
Old October 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding Questions

Quote:
Endoperez said:

3) I don't think spell modding has changed from DomII. I don't know how much it will change, or when. I think at least modding existing spells so that they become national, researchable spells is planned.
Yep, I think that we will see many new commands for spell modding in the upcoming patches.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."