.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 21st, 2017, 12:45 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,216 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Second, separating the LMGs from the squad would give the platoon wider and more effective zones of fire. But, would require a visit in MobHack.
If you use mobhack to make custom OOBS which are scenario-specific then the entire business becomes a pain for the end user to have to manually swap OOBs in and out or use the OOB swap utility (which is good, once you know how to use it, and most casual end users won't even have heard of it, let alone read the game guide section on its use).

If you want to do the scenario with that sort of change then
- Buy the company(s)
- buy some hack formations with 3-4 elements which you will use for LMG groups.
- Attach the non-0 elements from the hack formation to the platoons to use as the LMG groups later
- Make sure the hack units are a different Unit Class, since you are going to use the clone facility!
- Once attached, delete the stub hack formations containing 0 leader elements
- The platoon's 0 element may have changed - use the "fix leader" feature of the HQ menu to restore (CD owner feature)
- Change one original rifle group to the new type. Delete the LMG, delete the 2-3 men of the LMG group, change grenade numbers to match men etc.
- Now use the clone facility (CD owner feature) and change all units of the rifle group's unit class to be same as the edited rifle group. The clone facility is precisely for this!.
- Now go to the units you attached and edit one to be the LMG team, putting the LMG in slot 1, rifle in slot 2. Make men the number you deleted from the rifle group, add grenades (2 per man I think is the default ration, 3 for 40mm UGL).
- Once that is done, utilise the clone feature to make all the LMG teams match your edited one.

You wanted the LMG teams to be a different U/C so that all that cloning works simply (If the originals were "Rifle Section" and you simply bought more "Rifle Section" to add then all the elements would have changed at the first cloning above. So when selecting the formation to provide donor elements, choose something different - the OOB may even have a formation that uses "LMG Team".. Make sure the hack elements are an infantry class though - if you used say HMG elements as the base, they may do things differently under AI control (and perhaps make area fire blast damage from their LMG as well since that is a function of U/C, not Weapon Class)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 12:53 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Second, separating the LMGs from the squad would give the platoon wider and more effective zones of fire. But, would require a visit in MobHack.
If you use mobhack to make custom OOBS which are scenario-specific then the entire business becomes a pain for the end user to have to manually swap OOBs in and out or use the OOB swap utility (which is good, once you know how to use it, and most casual end users won't even have heard of it, let alone read the game guide section on its use).

- Buy the company(s)
- Attach the non-0 elements from the hack formation to the platoons to use as the LMG groups later
- Make sure the hack units are a different Unit Class, since you are going to use the clone facility!
- The platoon's 0 element may have changed - use the "fix leader" feature of the HQ menu to restore (CD owner feature)
- Change one original rifle group to the new type. Delete the LMG, delete the 2-3 men of the LMG group, change grenade numbers to match men etc.
- Now use the clone facility (CD owner feature) and change all units of the rifle group's unit class to be same as the edited rifle group. The clone facility is precisely for this!.
- Now go to the units you attached and edit one to be the LMG team, putting the LMG in slot 1, rifle in slot 2. Make men the number you deleted from the rifle group, add grenades (2 per man I think is the default ration, 3 for 40mm UGL).
- Once that is done, utilise the clone feature to make all the LMG teams match your edited one.

You wanted the LMG teams to be a different U/C so that all that cloning works simply (If the originals were "Rifle Section" and you simply bought more "Rifle Section" to add then all the elements would have changed at the first cloning above. So when selecting the formation to provide donor elements, choose something different - the OOB may even have a formation that uses "LMG Team".. Make sure the hack elements are an infantry class though - if you used say HMG elements as the base, they may do things differently under AI control (and perhaps make area fire blast damage from their LMG as well since that is a function of U/C, not Weapon Class)
Excellent. Some effort, but "no pain no gain."

Would you run the oob cost calculator utility, or is it not necessary?

=====
Old February 21st, 2017, 12:55 PM

Oh - for a scenario with changed unit IDs as an example - look at "Amin Attacks" where I played with the ID tags of the Ugandan etc troops that are on the Tanzanian side.

Been a long time since I did it, but I think I made a 1 unit test scenario and so found the flag ID I wanted by opening it in scenehack, then went back to the main scenario and entered the flag numbers in the ID tag field of each allied force and finally saved the scenario.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 12:59 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
Thumbs up Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Oh - for a scenario with changed unit IDs as an example - look at "Amin Attacks" where I played with the ID tags of the Ugandan etc troops that are on the Tanzanian side.

Been a long time since I did it, but I think I made a 1 unit test scenario and so found the flag ID I wanted by opening it in scenehack, then went back to the main scenario and entered the flag numbers in the ID tag field of each allied force and finally saved the scenario.
Oh my goodness...that is sneaky! Excellent. Apple pie, although I prefer peach cobbler, with peaches from Georgia or South Carolina.

=====
Old February 21st, 2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post

=====
The OOB cost calculator is (almost) entirely irrelevant since you made these units in the scenario editor and not the mobhack OOB editor. They dont exist in any OOB, just in your scenario.

However you may want to make one of each (rifle group as edited and LMG) in a spare slot or 2 and run it to see what values you edited to are worth and then use that (do it before the cloning so you can put it in the exemplar you clone from). Be aware that the OOB cost is at 70 EXP etc, so you may need to add a bit to compensate if say these are 90 EXP and MOR Imperial Guards. Then delete the slots you used as scratch-pad space.

However - if you are say making the "western" riflemen, say, 200 points a pop so the "third world" tribesmen AI OPFOR get extra bonus points for destroying any "first worlder" human player troops, so he has to be aware of casualties, then put in your own inflated values.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old February 21st, 2017, 01:29 PM

Captain

Post Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post

=====

However - if you are say making the "western" riflemen, say, 200 points a pop so the "third world" tribesmen AI OPFOR get extra bonus points for destroying any "first worlder" human player troops, so he has to be aware of casualties, then put in your own inflated values.
Yeah, I've done that tweak several times.

Great stuff

====
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:57 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:

Okay, this was a bit confusing, as I read the highlighted portion from above to mean the Editor. So, I entered the value 22, the Mujahideen in the id tag field in ScenHack not the Editor. And the values took when I opened the scenario in the Editor.

Thanks, I think this is the fix you're teaching here.

=====
Old February 21st, 2017, 03:06 PM

Captain

Exclamation Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Quote:

- Buy the company(s)

Using this method, will the units cross attached appear in the HQ menu within the formation.

And, using MobHack is a bit, I agree. However, should the end user be concerned with swapping OOB's when the scenario will retain the changes made in the OOB even after say a new OOB is introduced as part of the yearly patch process?

=====
Old February 21st, 2017, 04:16 PM

Of course, since you just added them to the formation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:20 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

"Daesh Wars" series - Armor battle near Wuguf*

Date: January, 2017*

Battle Location: North of Al Bab, Syria*

Battle Type: Delay/Advance, Syria vs. Turkey*

Game Lenght: 27 turns

Difficulty: Hard

DESCRIPTION: As Operation Euphrates Shield unfolded, inevitable deterioration of relations between Syria and Turkey came about when pro-turkish, pro-syrian and kurdish groups regularly exchanged fire on northern Syria. While Russia has regularly supplied the SAA with new ordnance and equipment, the turkish army has committed its best armored units available to the intervention force. On the contested main road from the syrian-turkish border to Al-Bab, units from the turkish army 172nd armored brigade advance against delaying elements from the SAA 4th armoured division.

Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the Syrian side.

Sources: Semi-fictional scenario.

Design by Jose Logrono
Attached Files
File Type: zip Armor battle near Wuguf.zip (73.7 KB, 504 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post: