The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:40 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Engineers and Inflatable Rafts

I find engineers when entering shallow water will deploy their rafts. I am searching for an unit that can clear mines and wire, however it does not carry an inflatable raft.

Searching the OOB4, the Israeli side I find UC 20 and 141, unfortunately these units carry rafts, and I note they are engineers.

I suspect all infantry engineer classes carry an inflatable raft. If this is true, is their a workaround? Where an infantry unit that can clear wire but does not carry an inflatable.

=====
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:10 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Engineers and Inflatable Rafts

All infantry units are given inflatable rafts if the map is a river map so its a feature of the map not the infantry unit, same units will not be carrying rafts otherwise.
Now I am a bit unsure here but couple of options possibly for scenerios.
See map help creating & setting river flag, buy units you dont want rafts for then set flag to river.
To be honest I a m unsure if all infantry get rafts, I think yes but possibly defend or delay dont try buying on those settings then putting battle type to what you want.
Intrigued why you need this as fortifications cannot be placed in water.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

all infantry units get rafts IF the "flag" is set for wide river....it's the way SP has always worked

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2017, 05:47 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: Engineers and Inflatable Rafts

I could not, for the life of me, set or unselect the river or beach landing flags in the extended map; however, in the Editor I managed to deselect river & beach landing flags. In this map, there is a river and a beach.

Thanks for pointing me in the map direction.

Old May 4th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
I could not, for the life of me, set or unselect the river or beach landing flags in the extended map; however, in the Editor I managed to deselect river & beach landing flags. In this map, there is a river and a beach.

That's because the wide river and beach map flags are only ( currently ) set in the main game editor, not the extended editor that is more aimed at map work not setting up battles. The main editor is where you buy troops to set up battles and it's then you need to ensure the map type is set

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2017, 11:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

And that is likely because the editor in the game is an integrated part of scenario design - a lot of these variables are scenario variables, so can only be set there.

Scenario variables dont get saved as part of a map save. gBeach and gWideRiver (along with the battle type, visibility etc) are part of scenario save data, not map save data - so if you save the map you made in the scenario editor and import it into another new scenario, you would have to set those scenario-specific flags once again if you want them in the new scenario.

The extended map editor is for editing map data only, and for doing stuff like cut and paste and having an undo facility etc. You then need to load your map to the scenario editor inside the game to start making a scenario (with type of battle, water type, visibility etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: