Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 8th, 2003, 11:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

Quote:
Originally posted by General Woundwort:
Hey AT,

I tried doing a "STNG" interface for SEIV awhile back, but gave up for sheer frustration (the way the game screen uses and divides up the display frame BMPs is enough to give one nightmares ). However, one thing I did manage to do is change the graphic for the race/planet data buttons from SEIV font to STNG Monitor font. Interested?
Sure I'd love to take a look at it.
Old July 8th, 2003, 11:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Secondly, before I re-lurk... would it be possible to make a special weapon and/or mount just for the Galaxy Class? I remember that the Collameter (sp) ring phaser was able to track while firing and split up it's beam to shoot at multiple targets, etc. I was just wondering if the special weapon/mount could be called a "collameter section". Putting several of these sections together would allow the weapon to fire "multiple times". Also, I think it would be cool if the weapon had the PDF ability (but not necessarily the targetting bonus) versus all ship and unit types (basically against all incoming objects... including ships).
Thanks for the idea, but right now there are only two additional weapons mounts, one for the Definant and one for the Klingon Bird Of Prey.

The Federation has a weapon called the Point Defense Phasers already. But combining weapons types might prove interesting.

When I finish with the beta of the mod, it will be basic, Kwok or whomever can take it from there and tweak it more or less however they deem fit.
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ok, everything is basically done now except the new Research.txt files for all of the races and the AI.

One problem that I am having on a regular basis is the Tholian Drone error. Regardless of what design file I use, an error about Drones consistantly pops up. Even when I do not include a design file the error still pops up. It pops up occationally or all the time depending upon the games mood. It does it with its own file, regardless of how many differant race ones I substitute, and it does it with the AI defualt one.

I hate it, and it drives me mad.

The Beta should be out sooner than I had first thought. Look for it sometime later this week. I will send the interested parties the link to where they can download it.

The mod will include a few new images for the image mod and will replace the Components.bmp image.

I would hope that everyone by now has the complete image mod. The game has been set up, for the time being, to use FQM regular.

More to come soon. If you have signed up to be a beta tester please email me again with your most current email address. email me at startrekmod@astmod.com
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:14 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

General Woundwort is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
Sure I'd love to take a look at it.
FWIW...

1057702244.bmp

The hached background normally used for highlighting looked lousy with the Monitor font, so I used solid colors instead.
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks for the image,

For those who are interested in participating in the private beta of this mod, PLEASE re-email me at startrekmod@astmod.com
Old July 9th, 2003, 02:32 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Atrocities:

Don't forget to send me a copy of the beta too!

I've been lurking only for the Last few days, but looks like progress is being made quickly. Keep up the good work and I hope those computer problems I read are only temporary.
Old July 9th, 2003, 02:55 AM

Sergeant

TNZ is on a distinguished road

-----------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Atrocities:
One problem that I am having on a regular basis is the Tholian Drone error. Regardless of what design file I use, an error about Drones consistently pops up. Even when I do not include a design file the error still pops up. It pops up occasionally or all the time depending upon the games mood. It does it with its own file, regardless of how many different race ones I substitute, and it does it with the AI default one.
----------------------------------------------

To Atrocities please post the error Messages.
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Captain Kwok you are number 1 on the list and always have been. TNZ will do when it happens again.
Old July 10th, 2003, 07:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Beta testers check your emails.
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I made some color changes to my game files for my Version of the mod, boy do they really make the game look differant. I was trying for a star trek feel, to get away from the DOS appearance of the current UI so I changed the colors a bit. It looks very interesting.

If any of you beta testers are interested in it, let me know I will add it too the download page and you can install it and see for yourself.

Many of the UI images used in the mod are hard coded and cannot be changed. Or at least I could not find them to change them.