.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Moscow Region

Turn 9

Popped the enemy Zeus spotted up north and exchanged a little bit of small arms fire. Beyond that, nothing going on.

The enemy is starting to come to life east and northeast of Hill 1. Unfortunately for them, I was given way to much time to position my AT teams. Four BMP-2s started moving and came to an abrupt, burning halt. If anything else is there, I didn't see it.

AT teams pushing out of South Woods. Nothing sighted.

Recon unit at the east edge of a small hill. No activity.

I've got some counter battery plotted on more smoke puffs in the woods northeast of Hill 1. Seems like there are enemy ground mech infantry in those woods as well.

A total of 13 objectives have been captured. Five are in the woods northeast of Hill 1, so I might let the enemy keep most those. There are some others east of the South Woods I'm going to move on if enemy activity doesn't increase.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Four BMP-2s and one ZSU-23-4M5 destroyed, estimated 20 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM

Captain

Turn 10

The enemy took offense at my AT teams destroying their Zeus and now are pounding their position up north. Time for them to move.

Still a bit of activity around the woods to the east and northeast of Hill 1. The platoon that is moving through the gap is taking some mortar fire and some small arms fire from an unseen AT team. Another BMP-2 got destroyed moving out of the woods to the east.

Moving east from the South Woods. Infantry in APCs have come out of the woods with the AT teams. No enemy reaction at all.

Recon still pushing east on the road. Looks like the enemy doesn't have anything in the southern third of the map.

Counter battery hitting enemy positions, but not sure what they are. A nearby T-72BM was destroyed in the process.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One BMP-2 and one T-72BM destroyed, estimated 10 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Captain

Turn 11

Russian artillery still hitting AT positions on the northern line. I'm moving back to my position behind the tree line. One enemy scout popped out and exchanged fire with one of my squads. I think the enemy came out better in that exchange.

Lots of enemy AT units in woods northeast of Hill 1. My lone platoon there is trading shots with four different ones, while two enemy mech infantry units move it. I need to get some help over there. Artillery is starting to drop in the woods. I don't have any solid targets, but I know the enemy is or was in the area.

All quiet on around the road and South Woods.

Counter batter hitting enemy mortars in the woods northeast of Hill 1.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 5 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM

Captain

Turn 12

My infantry squad rebounded against the enemy scout and finished it off. The only other activity was centrally located AT team destroyed a Zeus a 1000m or so east of the north line.

More enemy infantry showing up in around my platoon in the gap between Hill 1 and 2. I started carefully moving some tank support in for them and managed to engage one enemy infantry squad. Then I had a brain cramp. I popped smoke to hide my platoon. This doesn't work in the enemy has TI and you don't! Their AT teams just kept firing through the smoke and my men couldn't respond. I believe I heard laughing on the other side of the smoke. Time to pull them back behind the woods. My artillery pounding the woods to the northeast capped three T-72BM tanks.

I've got units within 250m of the enemy back edge down south. There is just nothing going on there.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Three T-72BM tanks and one ZSU-23-4M5 destroyed, estimated 20 enemy casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; June 16th, 2009 at 01:23 PM..
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Captain

Turn 13

All quiet up north.

Support is coming for my platoon in the gap quickly. My tank reserve and the support tank platoon for Hill 1 is moving in. The support platoon is already providing help, engaging three different enemy squads. Artillery support has also been called in where the enemy AT teams were located. I don't need to advance in this location, but I don't want to lose the object my infantry platoon is covering. A bit to the south, another friendly infantry platoon is closing in on an objective in the woods northeast of Hill 1. It will be there in a turn or two. Two more Zeuses were popped by AT teams deployed on Hill 1.

Two friendly infantry platoons are closing in an objective within 250m of the enemy back edge. No enemy activity in the area.

Casualties

Enemy: Two ZSU-23-4M5s destroyed, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Incoming artillery hitting around north line again. Most of it is over shooting my positions, but I'm going to move some units to be safe. For some reason, they are shelling my burning M113. Artillery is also hitting other random locations, so I think the enemy is about done.

My platoon in the Hill 1-2 gap is positioned behind a small tree line and the enemy is trying to poke through. Ten supporting tanks are tearing apart the enemy attacks, however. Friendly artillery is also dropping on the other side of the tree line. Further south, another platoon was engaged by an enemy infantry SAM unit. They should be able to dispatch it and capture a nearby objective.

Objective in the southeast corner of the map has been captured without opposition. Further north, a couple of enemy infantry squads were coming over a hill, but supporting tanks sent them running.

Casualties

Friendly: One Casualty

Enemy: Estimated 20 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM

Captain

Turn 15

Enemy activity is increasing in front of the north line again. Along the south edge, a couple of enemy squads are pushing toward the platoon in the small woods. Almost 2000m to the front, two T-72BM tanks and one Zeus came over a hill. One tank and the Zeus were destroyed and the other tank was immobilized.

Center area is quieting down now. Some small arms fire was exchanged and a couple of my tanks engaged another enemy squad destroying it. Another flag in this area has been turned leaving the enemy with six. I might be able to take a couple more before the battle ends. Enemy artillery is hitting one AT team that was too suppressed to move.

The southern force is starting to push north and northeast. No Resistance.

Casualties

Enemy: One T-72BM and one ZSU-23-4M5 destroyed, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Captain

Turn 16

Destroyed the immobilized T-72BM. A few enemy infantry units were engaged as the tried to move forward or pull back.

Two friendly tanks engaged a couple of enemy infantry squads, destroying one and sending another running. A few other enemy units tried to poke through the tree line and got destroyed by the infantry behind it. The platoon pushing northeast was engaged by some infantry AT and SAM units, inflicting a few casualties. They may keep me from getting to one of the flags I'm after.

The southern force is still pushing north and northeast. No Resistance.

No artillery from either side.

Casualties

Friendly: Two.

Enemy: One T-72BM, estimated 15 enemy casualties.
Old June 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Captain

Decisive Victory!!!!

Turn 17

More small arms fire up north and the enemy artillery came to life again because of the tanks they lost from AT teams there. No friendly casualties here.

My force managed to push forward and get one flag, but was denied the other. Enemy AT teams were firing at the platoon as it advanced and I took one casualty. One T-62MV popped out of the woods and was engaged by an AT team with no effect. My tanks fired at a couple more enemy infantry squads that showed up.

No activity down south.

Casualties

Friendly: One.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.

Total Casualties

US

Men: 24
Artillery: 0
Soft Vehicles: 0
APCs: 1
AFVs: 0
Air Transports/Helos: 0
Aircraft: 0

Russia

Men: 289
Artillery: 3
Soft Vehicles: 0
APCs: 28
AFVs: 12
Air Transports/Helos: 0
Aircraft: 0

Score

US: 14286
Russia: 812

Final Comments

I was expecting a tooth and nail fight and got a yawner Since I was using mostly US National Guard units, I expected to be at a disadvantage. Maybe I actually was at a disadvantage, but considering the AI didn't fire one tank gun or ATGM at anything, it is difficult for me to tell. There just isn't a reference point here. Now, I did make a point of avoiding those situations, but someone usually gets shots somewhere. Not this time.

The AI didn't seem like it tried I saw only seven enemy tanks during the battle. While the stats say I killed 12 AFVs, six of those were Zeuses. Four tanks I destroyed appear to have been in their original deployment position. Only two tanks destroyed were actually advancing on my positions and for some bizarre reason, the Zeuses were too! The point of the spearhead should not be a Zeus!! The AI had 12 remaining SABOT shooting tanks left and four didn't seem like they even moved! Of the remaining eight, three look like they just started moving in the last turn or two because they were deep within their own deployment zone. Only two Russian tanks were actually outside their deployment zone. I thought this was suppose to be a meeting engagement. It seemed more like the AI was running a delay at best.

There is a thread out there about how to fight the Russians and I thought this might provide a good example. Unfortunately, it isn't. This is nothing like I expected. I expected fixed wing and rotary air support, but maybe those weren't options for the AI. At the very least, I did expect them to come out to fight. It looks like only one Russian mech infantry company and a couple of recon platoons came out fighting with the bell. The rest sat around their fires singing Kumbaya

I've attached the save just before I ended my last turn. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Saved Games.zip (174.6 KB, 194 views)
Old June 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

I like your AAR style alot but you need to fight a stronger enemy force.

Both of these fights was against Russia and one near Moscow!

Both were turkey shooots for you!