.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Old November 14th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Private

LastSurvivor is on a distinguished road
Default Love to hate This Game!

First, I enjoyed playing the demo. PLayed it so much that I ordered the full game and it finally arrived. It's one of those games that you just love to hate and it is hard to stop playing it.

I do like to see some things in it though. The damage display on the left side of the screen instead of the mouse cursor (but this is already discussed). Also a mode like free-roam or conquest would be nice. Something like where you are scored based on how long it takes you to visit every system and/or conquer/destroy/make friends with every alien. The regular missions are fine, but heavily time limit (which is okay I guess). If it is possible to make this happen via a mod, then that would be cool.

The only major problem (well major for me) is the disappearing mouse cursor during combat. I can sort-of reproduce it, but it's not that easy, but when it does occur, its darn right annoying. But I can fix it. Is anyone else having problems with the mouse cursor disappearing during combat? Or is just my system.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. I haven't fully begun to explore the full version of the game yet (just got it today, very quick shipment).

Well that's my impression. I usually don't make my presence known in forums or anything, but when a game like this comes along that I do enjoy tremendously, I just had to say "Thank You very much for making such a fine game!"

Enjoy.
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:16 PM

Private

Default Re: Love to hate This Game!

Append:

Well after playing the full version, I must say those extra stuff in it does make the game more interesting. The demo surely doesn't show all what the game has.

Now fo the bad stuff:

The mouse disappearing cursor is more of a problem. I have figured out that if I have 3 or more ships, when I have one selected then if it is destroyed, retreats, or if I deselect it, the mouse cursor disappears. I can make it reappear by moving the mouse to the top left icons, then selecting a ship. The cursor will show in the box of these icons, but not on the main screen for combat. (only occurs in combat phase). I believe this may be result of the Intel intergrated video card I have with the mouse hardware/software problem posed from GL. Not sure, but the problem does get annoying really fast, especially during intense combat.

Another possible bug, is when I have summon Klakar to aid in battle, when finished, and after paying the necessary tribute for his help, the screen would not go away. He kept asking for more and more. I gave a few items then figured it was a reduntant bug and cancelled. Well of course he left mad. Not sure if there is something that he wants equilavent money to the number of ships involved or what. This has only happened once so far (and hopefully never again).

Anyway, this game is definitely addicting and fun to play, but also it can be very frustrating (just got something good only to get blown up).

Hopefully there will be an addon for more events, aliens, and the such in the future.

Thanks.
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:01 PM

Corporal

Shadowcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hopefully there will be an addon for more events, aliens, and the such in the future.
There surely will be with the game's modding capabilities, and you can even make your own if you have some good ideas.
Old November 18th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Private

Quote:
There surely will be with the game's modding capabilities, and you can even make your own if you have some good ideas.
Yes modding, well I've begun to fool around with that. I have quite a few ideas (sprung from the stories I wrote many years ago). Only problem I have is the graphics -- I suck at it. I'm sorta of just experimenting right now. (taking examples from the mod that came with the full game). Hopefully a full better detail manual will come out for modding (with what can be changed and not), then I'll work from there.

As for extras, I would like to see way to add custom music/soundtracks. Maybe voice too... but I'm getting way ahead of myself.
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Sergeant

Fingers is on a distinguished road

Everything can be changed

We're working on the modding website, though there isn't much there yet; see the post in "WW scenarios and mods". So far I've written a chapter on the basics (how to set up folders and such) and a sizable tutorial on creating starships. I'll probably write some more this weekend (and the next, and the one after that... you get the idea).
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM

Private

Quote:
Everything can be changed

We're working on the modding website, though there isn't much there yet; see the post in "WW scenarios and mods". So far I've written a chapter on the basics (how to set up folders and such) and a sizable tutorial on creating starships. I'll probably write some more this weekend (and the next, and the one after that... you get the idea).
That's good to hear. Though I doubt I'll change everything.

I've already read and printed the tutorial on creating starships. My skills on making them is very poor. May try some ideas using my scanner and some pics and try that... Just like experimenting right now (trial and error stuff).

I'll keep an eye out for more on modding.

Thanks!