.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New nation : Shangri La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters-Released !

Fantastic! I'll give you some feedback later today probably.
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:30 AM

BANNED USER

Default Re: New nation : Shangri La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters-Released !

The zip is now even more weird in terms of path structure - it really would be a good idea to get it so it can simply be extracted into the mod folder.

I have taken the liberty of doing this for you and attaching the fixed zip to this post.

This changes only path structure, nothing else.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Shangri La.zip (171.3 KB, 114 views)
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Corporal

Nounours is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
The zip is now even more weird in terms of path structure - it really would be a good idea to get it so it can simply be extracted into the mod folder.
How can I do that ? I'm interested, it may be useful for uploading other mods...
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road

What I do is copy both the .dm file and the sprite file and paste them in a DOM3 folder I made and call Uploads. Then I highlight both files,right click and send to a zipped file. The zip file is what I upload.

After I upload a zip file i put it into a folder within the Upload folder for an archive and delete the zip file in the main folder. That minimizes confusion on my part, but then again I confuse easily.
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Corporal

Nounours is on a distinguished road

I'll try it on my next mode... and it may even work, if (IF !) I understood it well...
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Private

Spendios is on a distinguished road

Vivement les versions EA et MA !
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounours View Post
I'll try it on my next mode... and it may even work, if (IF !) I understood it well...
You shouldn't have any problems. I typed the instructions slowly for you.
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Private

Spendios is on a distinguished road

I think the yack need longer fur.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

These look quite good, Nounours.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM

BANNED USER

Just some first thoughts for you:

The starting army is currently 40 troops. 20 archers and 20 heavy infantry. It should be 10 and 10, to fit in the power scale of vanilla nations. Even then with such good troops it will be a strong starting army.

Recruits

Yak Riders seem undercosted, particularly as they are better than or equal to the Bhodpa horsemen and cost 5 gold less. At 20 gold I found I built a hell of a lot of them. I'm also not sure why they get an extra point of att over ordinary bhodpa - presumably they are more dedicated warriors or something? Now TC do get 20 gold cavalry (as a major feature of the nation) but are Shangri La supposed to have as good cavalry as TC?

I think the Shangri La infantry, the non bhodpa ones that cost 15 gold each, are a bit pricey. They seem more like 12-13 gold units. I'm also confused as to why the crossbowman has 12 prec, which is scary, while the archers have just 10.

Dmag Hrag seem a bit too elite to me. At str 11 att 13 def 13 hp 14 mor 14 they are basically the same as the Emerald Guard of Pythium, who are supposed to be the most elite (nonsacred) human infantry in the game pretty much. They cost the same at 25 gold. I'd like to see them somewhere between this and the TC Imperial guard, who are 15 gold and are at the bottom end of elite. Something like 12 hp 12 att 12 def 13 or 14 morale. If you intend them to be on the same level as emerald guard that's fine, but you must realise they really are elite in that case (especially for non sacred non cap units).

The Guardians of the Hidden Valley seem too expensive to me, as do the Mi Dred, to a lesser extent. I could be wrong though, I was running a rainbow rather than a bless.

Commanders

Bhodpa Scout should probably be stealthy 10 like most national scouts.

Bhodpa Sde Pa looks like he should have a javelin weapon added.

Reduce cost of Dmag Dpon to 40 - the fact they aren't stealthy and cost more resources should probably be enough to put them on equal terms with the Bhodpa Sde Pa.

Rta Dmag Go seems to have the 'death poison' weapon for some reason. I'd also reduce their cost to 60 or so, since 80 for a 40 leader, even a cav one, seems too much. On the other hand you could make them 80 ldr and keep the cost - currently Shangri La lacks an 80 ldr unit.

So far I really like the mod and I'm having a lot of fun roleplaying with Bhodpa tribes aggressively raiding while the sacreds guard my territory and my main armies of Shangri La troops slowly grind down enemy forts. Great work :]