Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old November 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Private

trawler10 is on a distinguished road
Default Save Game issue

When saving an active game occasionally (seldom) the scenario turn and title do not appear, however the -- Empty -- file actually does contain the info. As you continue to play and save the new turns are saved in that file, but no indication again of turn or game name. Several years ago I located the folder where the
-- Load Save Games -- files were and cleaned it up and solved the problem. I have carefully searched all of the winSPMBT folders and cannot locate. This is not critical but is annoying. Anyone help me with this? Thanks. Bob
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Save Game issue

Just so I'm clear....... you cannot locate the Saved Games folder ?

..any chance you are using VISTA/Win7 with the game set up in Program files ?

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dirstruct.png
Views:	271
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	12133  

Last edited by DRG; November 9th, 2012 at 08:28 PM..
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:43 PM

Private

No, I use it after every turn, hitting the Save button which takes you to the Save Game Screen ... there you see a list of files named "Save Game Empty" you save to that and when complete you will then see the turn number and the two opponents which replace the Save Game Empty file. Every time you save to that file it updates to the next turn saved. In this case, and it has been a year or so since it happened before, it is not updating the turn number, simply leaving everything the same from the last turn before it was corrupted. I fixed this by going in to one of the game folders and replaced that with (I believe as it has been over a year ago) a new, -- Save Game Empty -- and that fixed it.. the next time I saved to that location the correct turn and opponent info appeared. Difficult to explain but there is a fix for this but I have not been able to re-locate the folder (this time when we fix it I will write it down)

Using Win 7, not vista.

Tnx Bob

Last edited by trawler10; November 10th, 2012 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Need to provide more info
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM

Private

More accurate info on this problem: When saving an active game you hit the "Save" button which opens up the "Save Game List" screen. The first entry on the list is "Auto Saved Game" followed by a column of -- Empty -- slots. Now when I save a game to the slot which I have been using, usually 23 or 24 which is the last in the column it should show both the turn number, opponents and date of battle. It saves to this slot (lets assume 24) but the turn number does not advance -- it is locked up. As stated above I cleared this when it happened before by re-entering the -- Empty -- or -- Save Game Empty -- text in one of the folders and this solved the problem. But now I cannot located that particular folder which contains these screens and allows for editing. Hope I am a bit more clear with this description.
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

If you simply select an "-- empty --" file slot then hit return the game uses the "TXX GE vs FR" standardised format, same goes for if you then overwrite it with any other ongoing game. The string is in the default style that fits the C format string, or blank (= "empty").

If, however you enter your own name string for a save game file ( Like "UK 1970s LC", say) then the game will use that name forever after as its no longer in the default style that fits the C format string.

That is the system that has been in place since SP1 days. Its sort of curious, but works if you know what is happening. Me, I always name files.

Andy
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:22 PM

Private

Thank you ... however I did not use a different name, as normal, I simply hit the "Save" button after every turn and usually use slot 23 or 24 for the ongoing game save file. It simply locked up on say turn 04 of a game and will stay on that turn number forever, even tho the saved game to that file might be on turn 06. I had fixed this before by changing the file in one of the folders ... again about a year ago, and this annoying problem has cropped up again. Something became corrupted and by re-entering either -- Empty -- or -- Save Game Empty -- (cannot recall which) fixed it.

Any thoughts? Bob
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road

trawler10 I think I understand what you mean.
In the Saved Games\ -folder there are the save files. For example SpSv023.cmt and SpSv023.dat. The .cmt file contains the name of the scenario. So you want to delete SpSv023.cmt to reset it. Then in the game you will see save 23 read as -Empty- but when you click it you can still load the game. Then when you save it again the Turn number gets corrected.