This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 21st, 2009, 05:33 AM

Private

Miles Teg is on a distinguished road
Question 3 questions from a new player...

Hi guys!
I have been playing winSPWW2 on and off for quite some time but only recently started playing every day.
I have 3 questions and decided to put them all together to save on space and time.

1. Is it possible to move only the turret of the tank?
Sometimes I wish to fire at the enemy 90 degrees left (or right) but keep my forward armor facing front. Now, my whole tank rotates and I get the show I want but the enemy also opfires to my side.

2. I play with 1 company of tanks only and I decided to expand the core before moving to another front. But when I try the expand core option I get a weird glitch. New units are not arranged properly! They get G0, G1, H2, H3, H4, H5, I6....
The designations are not being properly set (there should be H0, I0...) Am I doing something wrong? Or can I do something about this?

3. I got a river crossing mission, so I bought some barges for my tanks. When I tried to deploy them I found that the river bank is outside my deployment range. How can I deploy the barges in the water or what is the correct procedure? I am trying to spend as little points as possible so the enemy wouldn't get huge number of units, but perhaps I have to invest on some trucks to carry them to water?

Thank you in advance.
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:32 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 questions from a new player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Hi guys!
I have been playing winSPWW2 on and off for quite some time but only recently started playing every day.
I have 3 questions and decided to put them all together to save on space and time.

Sometimes I wish to fire at the enemy 90 degrees left (or right) but keep my forward armor facing front. Now, my whole tank rotates and I get the show I want but the enemy also opfires to my side.

2. I play with 1 company of tanks only and I decided to expand the core before moving to another front. But when I try the expand core option I get a weird glitch. New units are not arranged properly! They get G0, G1, H2, H3, H4, H5, I6....
The designations are not being properly set (there should be H0, I0...) Am I doing something wrong? Or can I do something about this?

3. I got a river crossing mission, so I bought some barges for my tanks. When I tried to deploy them I found that the river bank is outside my deployment range. How can I deploy the barges in the water or what is the correct procedure? I am trying to spend as little points as possible so the enemy wouldn't get huge number of units, but perhaps I have to invest on some trucks to carry them to water?

Thank you in advance.
1) Right click on an empty hex to turn the turret (or turn a gun or rifle section) and see the view in that direction.
Or use the "T" key dialogue to select the desired target, turret will point at the selected target.

Hull may turn anyhow on firing if there is a hull main gun (e.g. Lee/Grant or Char B 75mm casement) or target is close infantry and it decides to use a BMG on them, or in reaction to return fire from enemy units.

2) No idea what you are talking about here. Only explanation might be that you have deleted some formations thus causing gaps?. Or you have not fixed some destroyed units yet.

3) Solo barges are for scenario designers, or if you think you need more barges than the auto-bought ones in a beach assault. The barge carrier is what you need here - it comes loaded with a barge which is deployed by attempting to "drive" it into deep water.

See Game Guide -> playing a single battle -> Battle type matrix -> section on "River crossing assault", sentence beginning "All attacker infantry squads carry a rubber raft.."

Also Game Guide -> Frequently Asked Questions -> "How do I deploy a barge or raft?"

Andy
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Like Andy said, right click in any direction and the whole tank (turret and hull) will face that way. Then left click in any direction to move the tank. When the tank moves the hull faces the direction its going, but the turret will remain pointing in the direction where you 'right clicked'.

This is useful when moving up a road to the north (for example) but fearing an Anti-tank gun ambush from a tree line to the East.
Your hull obviously has to face north while moving that way, but at least your turret can face east (right), so if an AT gun shoots it may well hit your hull side, but if it hits your turret, at least there's a good chance it will be the turret front.

Quote:
I've seen this before. But only when I've expanded a core with a company. I vaguely recall reporting this when the PBEM campaign feature first came out.

Does't seem to effect leaders abilities, you just have to recall that H2/I6 are platoon commanders. With the new 'Display Formation ID's' feature you just have to hit hotkey '5' to instantly see that H2 is a commander.

I've found that after the new companies first battle, the IDs will revert to the more traditional: G0, G1, H0, H1, H2, H3, I0...

cheers,
Cross
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Have you patched up to date?
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:57 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Have you patched up to date?
Yes
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Next time you get to the end of a campaign battle zip up the files and post then here and we'll all be able to see what you are seeing

Don