.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Vietnam Campaign Project
Notices

Old September 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Playtesting WinSPMBT patch

Primarilly testing the Air routines. Late 1980's.

Aircraft bomb run paths to actual targeted area seem to be fairly inaccurate at least for me. Some of them off by 20-30 hexes even with 50 vis and units in the open.

Damage to targets from Air-Ground missiles comes in spurts. Lots of misses followed by lots of hits but seem to average out over all. Bunkers still seem too strong against against hits, even direct hits by 1000 lb JDAM's.

Will test some more again tonight.
Helo's seem more resilient when shot at by ground fire. While they still retreat, its usually only a few hexes back and then they rally pretty quick to get back into the fight. Haven't seen any run off the field after a few shots at them.
Old September 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Mike

In all my years of playing and developing this game I have never seen an airstrike go that badly wrong so when I see reports like this it causes nothing but questions that only save games can answer ( if I'm lucky ) with detailed information about where the attack was supposed to come in and info on what kind of air attack was it.

You don't tell me if it was a bomber, a regular fighter bomber attack or a COIN attack or a SEAD attack or what nation was involved. All that information is necessary to figure out what is going on. This is, a very complicated game with dozens of factors all calculated together for any given action on the map. If you are seeing airstikes go that badly wrong for you, in I assume , more than just one single test, then please, make saves. Make saves before the air arrives so that if it does screw up you can send me the turn just before the air attack so I can watch it.

I'm sorry but we get these reports of hugely inaccurate air attacks and every time I plot one it hits where I want it to hit so "perplexed" is the best word I can use for this problem and the only way it seems that I'm ever going to see something like this is if I have the turn before the airstrike arrives so I can check the targeted hex and see where it actually does arrive.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 8th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Major

No problem. I was just posting to see if others had run across the same thing. It was pretty small map so I will be changing some variables and running some things again.

I'll start saving some stuff as I run them. Playing with the other changes seem fine, the way off the mark bomb runs just kinda stood out.
Old September 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Major

FALSE ALARM!

I figured it out. I had some SP-SAM units I had set the range to 0 and hid out of the way in the woods while I was running different tests. It seems they must have ben emitting their radars as the planes were occasionally trying to take them out. Since I had the flags off and the planes didn't kill the SAM's there were no extra explosions. Without the flags I didn't see them hidden in the woods.
I ran some other tests with a fresh scenario and things seem ed to work really well. I did notice that planes occasionally targeted the SP-SAM's this time BUT at least now I know what they were off chasing. These were fighter-bombers aremd with missiles, not bombers. The bombers went straight for the original targets.
Old September 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

More on the Helcopter ATGM problems...

Useing UK Javelin teams next to ammo canister's and WAH-64's in June 2010 Vs Iran. the following results where recorded.

Javelin:
29 Missiles fired, 31 Kills (Somehow despite haveing only 4 rounds some units got 5 kills? Maybe take into acount destroyed units carried?)

WAH-64:
37 missiles fired, 9 kills. (This is discounting the moveing apache's).

I'll run a couple of test games.

EDIT:
Test game 1, UK Vs Iran, Same ranges for all units, Only 1 turn played:
Shooting at Ferret AC's
Javelin: 8 missiles, 5 kills
WAH-64: 20 missiles fired, 3 kills

And as a side note: I had the Iranian Deploy and Pick as human, but AI controlled. I tried to load the autosave game and it had the Iran side as human controlled.
Old September 10th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

29 Missiles fired, 31 Kills (Somehow despite haveing only 4 rounds some units got 5 kills? Maybe take into acount destroyed units carried?)

[/quote]

If you destroy the vehicle and the crew bails out then you "neutralize" the bailed out crew that's two kills

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:15 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

If you slot the vehicle, the bailed crew, and any passenger units that can be a few kills added.

BTR + bailed crew dies on bailing or in the co-ax MG spray + a carried rifle section + a carried SA-7 team = 4 kills credited for the 1 fire event.

Cheers
Andy
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:54 PM

Sergeant

I had disabled all weapons apart from ATGM's for the purpose of the test. I also chose vehicles with no carry capcity.

I still feel that there is some form of Inaccuracy from helicopter ATGM fire. I've had that feeling for some time, but the above figures at least add some back up information.
Old September 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM

Sergeant

Supper accurate first turn hits.

I've found that on the first turn, you have a vastly increased chance to hit the other sides units.

I've just got 100% on a volley of fire at over 2.5 KM against dug in enemy units. One BTR-152 was hit at 2950 when he was dug in.

Yes it was 100% hit rate against dug in enemy units. 8 shots fired, 8 hits and Kills.
Old September 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Listy, don't you think mentioning what you were firing WITH would be useful information to include in a test report?

I do.

If it's not too much to ask from everyone if you make reports about game performance include ALL the relavant information PLEASE. BTR-152's went out of service with the Russians in 1960. Am I to assume you were firing at them with Centurion Mk5/2 ??? and scoring 100% at 50 hexes?

Have you checked your preferences lately? Is everything set to either 100% or XXX ?

Don