winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 21st, 2020, 11:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Had issues trying to log in again early this morning, sorry for the delay.

Alright just completed a review of my 2019/2020 Submission Campaign Parts 1-3 (Along w/the wash out of Part 3.), to also include all the intervening posts where we hashed out some issues and added a couple of pieces of equipment that came up during the process (i.e. T-64 BULAT M17) and mods based mostly on date and revised equipment (i.e. K2 PIP).

The results were very gratifying for me to see, especially, for South Africa for all the work that was put into researching those tanks and all that came before in the last submissions around 4/5 years before-THANK YOU. I hope some players will take advantage as some of the countries in that area also saw some new tanks in the last patch.

So what did I find, not too much really as indicated above and given Don's workload specifically in the OOB area these were I'm sure just minor oversights and as he posted I ended up giving him 5 pages of printed data just myself.

With that being said I guess this year I need to shoot for at least 6 pages of data!?! Before you get that two or three beers, I'll save you the trip, I'll just "shoot" myself if it gets there.

So there should be no surprises here from well "forever" and the USA/USMC for the MAJOR ABRAMS headache I gave myself starting with M1A1 FEP that opened the door to the rest.

Here's what I got...
INDIA ARJUN MK-1/UNIT 020/END DATE/DEC 2025 VICE DEC 2015//
I believe I posted that they are currently operational in the 43rd Tank Regiment-this strictly by memory earlier this evening.

ARJUN MK-1A/UNIT 021/DELETE/AAG/ADD/RWS w/12.7mm//

ARJUN MK-II/UNIT 022/DELETE AAG/ADD/RWS w/12.7mm//

I think I know why these below might not have gotten changed, first because before it became known as the M1A2C, it was also "officially" called the the ABRAMS SEP V3.

Next was submitted as a COPY of UNIT 517 (M1A2 SEP V2) that represented that Battalion/or Regiment that was sent to Europe in 2018 as an urgent equipment upgrade w/APS as part of a show of force prior to deployment overseas. As far as I can determine TROPHY is still equipped on those tanks. UPDATE: THEY ARE @ 2058.

However it's still not been adopted across the board for the rest of the M1A2 SEP V2 fleet and we're still waiting on FOC for the M1A2C. I can see both sides clearly concerning the APS. That being said I'm putting them here anyway if for no reason to show that "I'm paying attention" out here.

USA:
M1A2 SEP V3/UNIT 538/RENAME TO/M1A2C//

ADD/M1A2 SEP V2/COPY/UNIT 517/ADD/START/JAN 2018/TROPHY APS w/4 SHOTS//

See POST 240 for all of the above

That's it, I'm hitting the rack, GOOD NIGHT/or MORNING!!
(I hit it and feel great!! )

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 21st, 2020 at 08:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old September 21st, 2020, 02:41 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

The USMC started deactivating it's tank battalions in July 2020 and it's looking like the plan is to have deactivated them all by the end of 2021.

BUT!

Let's not jump the gun on future developments.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old September 21st, 2020, 06:36 PM

Lieutenant General

I was referring to getting the M1A1 FEP tanks "squared away" but, Don and I had this discussion also when I first started posting on USMC PLAN 2030, so to quote the late great Yogi Berra "It ain't over until it's over" and that's the way we're looking at the USMC MBT situation. Wait and see. Until then, enjoy them in the game.

Also as a side note; within the next month or so, we're likely to know the status of the UK MBT's & APC's. UK MOD is looking to get leaner and more flexible as well and it might cost them their heavy armor and possibly more to a lesser degree as noted above.

COVID is costing the the major economies billions of dollars and something has to give and to some extent that means military budgets.

I will have many posts on equipment where COVID is concerned as I post them.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 21st, 2020 at 09:00 PM..
Old October 25th, 2020, 01:55 AM

Lieutenant General

House Rules Apply here, as noted. It is that time of year again.

Don,
After a couple of emails back and forth, Ralph Zwilling from TANK MASTERS has agreed to provide me with answers to my questions concerning the current LEOPARDS in service with the BUNDESWEHR.

My focus is from the LEOPARD 2A5 to the LEOPARD 2A7V.

I also hope to get his thoughts concerning the BOXER T-40 for use in the BUNDESWEHR and concerning the UK's possible acquisition of them vice the AJAX and WARRIOR CSP. KMW has already approached the Government and MOD about procuring the BOXER T-40 which like the French JAGUAR is ready to go vice AJAX and WARRIOR CSP.

I started that Post (Word Doc) concerning the above before work today and will hopefully have it finished before I go back to work Tuesday. I will leave you with this much from my ref, France and Germany adhered to the following...If it ain't broke, don't fix it., the UK should've followed suit.

The issue isn't in the CT-40 Cannon but, in the fact that UK/Lockheed Martin/BAE changed the subsystems vice keeping the one that was designed to support the CT-40 as designed.

They "cocked it up" and it appears they might pay a heavy price for it. So there is no operational AJAX or WARRIOR CSP.

The French might have theirs (JAGUAR) FIELDED possibly by the end of this year or just into 2021 since their Gun Systems actually work.

But before I go, do you have a couple of questions about LEOPARD or other you want me to ask Ralph about?

The man has access, he writes books on their equipment and ours and does a lot of consulting and photographic work to include for JANE's.

Also for you from 19 OCT 2020...
Tank-Masters.de visited 1st Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment "War Eagles“ (USA-Mine) during their training as part of the exercise Dragoon Thunder 20 at the Maneuver Rights Area (MRA) near Hirschau.

Enjoy!
http://tank-masters.de/?cat=4

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 25th, 2020 at 02:03 AM..
Old October 25th, 2020, 08:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

No questions from me. You have it covered

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 2nd, 2020, 05:36 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
IF memory serves, concerning the following example, 120mm/L44 WGO1, the "hi-lighted" portion indicates the ammo type/or upgrade.

Is that correct?

Also if you know, have the LEOPARDS from the 2A5 on, have at least 1 or 2 versions that allow for add on armor "tiles"?

It doesn't look like it concerning the 2A5's from what I saw last night in the OOB.

The German LEOPARD issue has gone beyond the those tanks to include the BOXER. My first email was directed to the BOXER first with a couple beyond that.

Due to the "dismal" amount of MBT's the Germans have, don't be surprised if the LEOPARD 2A5 doesn't get extended.
At the end of 2019, the following battle tank variants and special vehicles were in service: 241 Combat ready tanks not counting the three command variants as hi-lighted below, which I won't submit.

This also leaves out the 2A7V as some of the below will be upgraded to that MBT. Below is from another source (Recently found.) that in numbers and info is on par to Tank Masters.

Leopard 2A5 MBTs: 19
Leopard 2A6 MBTs: 153
Leopard 2A6A1 MBTs: 2
Leopard 2A6MA1 MBTs: 29
Leopard 2A6MA1 MBTs Kommandeursfahrzeug: 1
Leopard 2A6MA2 MBTs: 20
Leopard 2A7 MBTs: 20
Leopard 2A7V MBTs: 104**
Leopard 2 driving training tanks: 21
Bergepanzer 3A0 Büffel ARVs: 17
Bergepanzer 3A0A1 Büffel ARVs: 52
Bergepanzer 3A1 Büffel ARVs: 6
Gepanzertes Brückenlegesystem Leguan: 7*

I'm going to give Ralph a baseline to compare the current LEOPARDS in service in the things that matter to us i.e. TI/GSR and other aspects of the FCS etc. without "overloading" him. I'll be using the following below...

For comparison ABRAMS SEP - LEOPARD 2A6 w/ ATTICA/ABRAMS SEP V2 - LEOPARD 2A6MA2/LEOPARD 2A7 w/PERI R17A3 and finally M1A2C (SEP V3) - LEOPARD 2A7V (Which might be fielded, subject to verification.) the reason should be obvious to some, as these a near "peer" tanks in the world of heavy armor.

That will minimize the work so I'm not having to "reinvent the wheel" on most aspects of these tanks, especially since we ironed out the ABRAM's last year.

I guess my first submission will be about the German OOB as it looks now.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; November 2nd, 2020 at 10:01 PM..
Old November 2nd, 2020, 08:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don,
I memory serves, concerning the following example, 120mm/L44 WGO1, the "hi-lighted" portion indicates the ammo type/or upgrade.

Is that correct?
Yes the last bit indicates the year in general terms

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 24th, 2021, 11:12 PM

Lieutenant General

First it has become evident to me, as I 'd on in POSTS 1175/1181 in the MBT Thread, that the only way around the rework and to still be able to get the new and modified equipment into the game is to simply do separate thread submissions throughout the year. My hope is this doesn't go beyond the next two years as I don't want to swamp Don with the big submissions at the end of the year like some have been in the past.

It will require a little more coordination, but, that's what this Threads purpose was originally and currently designed for so we have an uninterrupted method of passing along our thoughts and everything else we use this for. So again, I would request, everyone else's cooperation in regards to keeping this channel open. There's a lot that needs to be done at my end which will fall to Don to carry it through as he sees into the game or not. And he's much more busy then me in regards to the game work.

So in advance to everyone else, I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COOPERATION!!

Alright to business...
Don, I have already and just finished going through the German OOB to include to a small degree the APC/IFV in particular the BOXER as earlier indicated.

As I see it concerning the 2A5 we have UNITS 031/032/270/271-275.

Concerning the 2A6 we have UNITS 033/034 EX/035/037/276 EX & 277 EX.

I have already indicated that Germany never operated the 2A6 EX as this was an export prototype tank designed for that market.

I was initially thinking to delete them, however, after sometime in researching and thinking about the situation, the right answer here is to just recapitalize or if you prefer RESET them to the missing variations we don't have.

I would ask you at this juncture to consider the following to the above work I have already have, but in bringing this issue/problem up I have a very easy, I hope, solution (Insight: In the Submarine Force we learned not to bring up a problem without presenting options.). The LEOPARD 2A5 was the first model that allowed for add on armor yet we don't have any tanks in the OOB to reflect that as far as I know. We certainly have plenty of slots open to add them as it does benefit the player and game.

The solution is in the Canadian OOB and I'm thinking UNIT 036 fits the bill perfectly and would also fit in nicely with the START 3/01 (Which might change.) of the German 2A6 tanks.
We just need to transfer the Canadian HEAT values from their UNIT 036 and as I look at notes again, I think the German 2A6 EX would be better suited in that role as you've already updated their ammo through the years.

If you decide those tanks make sense, we'll need to change the END Dates for UNIT 037 and if modified as recommended just above, UNIT 277 to 12/25 (Or add two more due to improved ammo upgrade issues since 12/16.)

So later tonight, I intend to contact Germany to see about some better dates and if the help offered is still available to do so.

If not, I remembered, I contacted as you might remember, concerning the East German use of the T-62/or the T-64 and a couple of other items (T-80) that popped up in the Forum.

I still have the emails from the head of the BUNDESWEHR Tank Museum and might get help from there maybe.

It's all or nothing when this gets done, as I don't want to revisit the OOB for these tank issues again.

Let me know what you think about those improved tanks. I can also tell you I'll need to look into the Spanish LEOPARD 2A6E and the Greek LEOPARD 2A6 HEL. A couple things here first this Ref is represents many others I have and second for those who followed the submission of this tank the STRV-122 that's where I might be headed with those two previous tanks.
http://fighting-vehicles.com/leopard...hull%20section.
http://fighting-vehicles.com/leopard-2e-tank/
http://fighting-vehicles.com/strv-122-tank/
(This was unavailable when I submitted it but, fully supports it as we entered it.

I intend to enjoy the rest of my evening and tomorrow we have errands as CINCLANTHOME wants to finish remodeling my room she's such a doer and organizer my room never looked better!!

Good Night!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 25th, 2021 at 02:00 AM..
Old January 25th, 2021, 08:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I'll look into this tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 25th, 2021, 01:06 PM

Lieutenant General

I appreciate the response but, please don't get too far ahead of me on this unless it's to add the up armored versions I recommended.

Still much "hanging in the air" at the moment.

I will probably have to take a closer look at the LEOPARD 2A5 increased HEAT numbers before we just apply them from the Canadian LEOPARD 2A6CAN.

I'm putting all my attention into the German OOB it it could be the only thing I get done this year. I really want it to get done right to the best of my ability.

Besides I'm sure both Andy and you have plenty of other issues that are of more importance at the moment.

Regards,
Pat