.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road
Default Sore Spot

Heh - I posted my thread on banning yesterday and when I came back this morning it had 70 posts and was already closed before I could even comment on it. Clearly a sore spot.

Anyway! I just wanted to put my 2cents in - I don't have the time or interest to actually figure out who said what or who was in the wrong or blah blah blah.

I will say, however, that these players being banned is a big disappointment. Basically it will put the brakes on all mod development and dampen the quality of the advice on the forum.

It's really quite sad.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sore Spot

unfortunately you're like 3 days late... and as you can see, Tim Brooks(Shrapnel's owner) is already in the thick of this, not just Annette(Shrapnel's PR manager) and the volunteer mods. so basically, what's done is done, and Tim Brooks seems to think we're all little Albert Einsteins who can draw our own conclusions from partial information spread within many many threads as well as IRC and the secret administrative boards, oh and that we can read minds too. so he keeps closing these discussions now...
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road

No, Blackguard, that's perhaps emotionally, but not factually correct. Ironhawk can read up on the past if he scrolls down and finds several closed threads (and Shrapnel did replace some of those that were unavailable earlier). Plus he can check out the thus unclosed - OT:Let's all take a deep breath - thread, which I hope can stay open as long as people involved avoid hyperbole and other such stuff (and I guess you'll have to figure out what that is for yourselves) that seem to invite the big lock-hammer.

Personally, I want this to be totally heard out. The less ranting done (and the less excuse given to shut things down) the better, thank you.
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:01 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

i'm with you IH. I don't have the time to figure out right/wrong and don't know if its even possible since there is always the chance you don't have all the facts. i have seen some stuff that leans me in certain directions but for me its not even worth mentioning or debating the cause because they don't change the result which is that we lose some valuable folks and that sucks.

having to check in on two forums instead of one also sucks. especially considering both of them will be less diverse and interesting than a larger, more controversial forum where you can get multiple POVs, even if that sometimes results in conflict. conflict isn’t necessarily bad – you just need to be able to deal with it, which usually involves not taking things too seriously. after all, this community is based around a fantasy war game.
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road
Lock Re: Sore Spot

There is a thread about that subject right below yours so use that if you have something to say. This one gets locked.
Closed Thread