.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Interstellar Trader 2

Old May 16th, 2003, 03:54 PM

Private

Gzian is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion for new patch

As an alternative to my suggestions that ship offerings be improved based on the number of turns taken, you might not want to offer new ships at all. Instead, you might want to offer specials that can be added to our current ships such as increase fuel efficiency, increased benefits from weapons, increased defense, doubling of amount of items in care with same number of spaces, etc.. This way, we don't need to buy new ships that we have upgraded, and the specials come up in different spots from time to time in different cities.
Old May 17th, 2003, 06:08 AM

Private

SlapBone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion for new patch

The only thing that I see that the ships have over one I can build from the start is some have more overall hull strength.

I always start with the Albion and it has 175 HP. After about mid-game this makes no difference anyway (at least it hasn't for me).
Old May 17th, 2003, 06:48 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road

There are some cases where a ship generated in the ship market can be very powerful, and sometimes the ship generated can just be so-so. Some combos generated would be very expensive to create using upgrades. I've seen some pretty nasty ships get generated through this thing. But like real life, not every vehicle can be a Rolls Royce.

A combo with very high stats in multiple areas is pretty rare, but some ships rarely come with special abilities that can't be bought through upgrades.

It has to be balanced pretty carefully to keep from rendering the upgrade ship feature of the game basically useless.
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:07 AM

Sergeant

SunDevil is on a distinguished road

Okay just beat the game on 5 million limit and I spent about 4 hours playing this game. This game has a much better flow to it than nanotech, this game actually lets the player play the game and the random events aren't overbearing. I must admit that this game was hard to stop playing to write this message.

Suggestions:
1. The ability to buy storage/office space to store products in another place other than the ship.
2.The ability to purchase gas stations or stock up on gas and use that as a trading commodity.
3.The ability to become prime minister of a planet.
4. Maybe add a smuggling option, customs when entering planets.
5. Ability to sell toll booths once purchased.
6. A bar/cantina for rumors on everything, pirate related activity, stock market, products. Like maybe Star Wars.
7.Revise the prime minister module to increase the chance of prime ministers giving the player something if the player should fight pirates and win on the way to planet. The prime minister I would think would grateful to the player by getting rid of pirates hanging around their planet.
8.The ability to make the player's company go public and go on the stock market.
9.Have a place on a planet or an entire planet like las vegas where the player can play those random games that pop up every once in a while when traveling.
10.Insurance policies for bad events. I lost 4 million due to a bank robbery, it would be nice to have some kind of insurance that would reimberse me if the bank got robbed, like real life.
11.Expand on the save game option and not delete the saved game when loaded.
12. The ability to keep playing the current game once you reach the money limit.

You did a great job with this game.

John
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:13 AM

Private

SlapBone is on a distinguished road

Excellent idea about the smuggling.