The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old November 7th, 2008, 03:02 AM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Star Fury Mod is now available for download

Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Mod is now available for download at file front. (upload size too large for this site)
Place the mod in the campaigns folder. Don't forget to download the music file and place the contents of the music file in the Stock Star Fury music folder. The link to my file front site is: http://hosted.filefront.com/rstaats10/

direct links:

Stargate Mod: http://files.filefront.com/Stargate+.../fileinfo.html

Stargate Music:
http://files.filefront.com/Musiczip/.../fileinfo.html

I have some suggestions and/or comments to help your game play of this mod.

(1) this mod follows a story-line. If you stray from the story and destroy a base or something outside of your current mission then the mod may not work right. Follow the missions provided to you.
(2) Invisible ships is due to something wrong with the Starfury exe files not the mod...best recommendation is to reload the save until your ship appears...enemy ships sometime are invisible too...was like that in the stock game too.
(3) Make multiple saves of your game to prevent a problem/death or whatever from making you start over.
(4) Do not alter your credits with a cheat since the triggers will be messed up and game will not work properly.
(5) Read the text when you go to the planets/spacestations/bases. Also if it says to buy a ship at the hangar remember to do so to prevent a game problem later. (6) All asteroids and some planets can be destroyed. (I didn't want to make all planets only certain key mission planets...would take too long to make all)
(7) When you press "V" your mission status box will appear...check both the "show completed" and "show failed" so all you see is only the missions in progress. If a mission says "Failure is not an option" then you must complete that mission to move on. If a mission says "Continue on even if says fail" then this mission was just used to load ships and don't worry if it says failed.
(8) The player ships are generally a little faster than the enemies. Use your ship's superior speed to your advantage in battle.

***This game is based off the TV series Stargate SG-1. However, it does not follow the series 100%. There are some new races and ships for the races, etc, etc. For the die-hard Stargate fans, don't worry about it not being exactly like the series. Just have fun with it.***
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:44 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Star Fury Mod is now available for download

The direct links to file front are:

Stargate Mod: http://files.filefront.com/Stargate+.../fileinfo.html

and

The Music:

Direct links were wrong in above post and the forum wouldn't let me edit them.
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Star Fury Mod is now available for download

Rstaats10, I am glad to finally be able to play someone else’s mod, because it has been a while.
I downloaded the mod, (your big mod that is!) and as the game starts I see my ship in front of a most impressive space station. I know that I am up to a great ride! I do not know much about Stargate except for the initial movie, but I get the feeling that by the end of the mod I will.
As I go through the game I will comment again. For now, thanks and congratulations on your great effort.
Old November 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Corporal

Thanks for the kind words Campeador! I hope you enjoy playing the mod. I would like to thank you again for the 6 SF mods you have created. Your work has inspired me to create the Stargate mod.

You're right Campeador, the Stargate mod is a large one. I failed to mention that in my initial post. It will definately take more than 1 night to finish but the ride should be a lot of fun.

The music file is large. I personally like all the music and wanted to make it that way. I understand some don't like music and that's fine too. But I felt the extra 5 minutes to download was worth it. Besides if they don't want the music, they can always delete it out of the music folder after playing the mod.

Thanks again Campeador for all your work in the Star Blazers and Multiverse mods! I hope you and everyone else playing enjoys the Stargate mod.
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Corporal

New direct links to download the SGC Conflicts In Space Mod for Starfury.

Stargate Mod:
http://files.filefront.com/Stargate+.../fileinfo.html

Stargate Music:
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

OK, got to the battle to destroy Baal in the Hebridan system & run into all sorts of problems. Maybe it's my older system being not powerful enough for all the activity. But even when I destroy Baal's mothership I can't seem to get any further events triggered to continue the campaign. Maybe some labels needs to be checked?
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Corporal

Hi, When you are in the Hebridan system for this mission you'll want to destroy Baal's Mothership, and all the Goa'uld and Besarian ships including all the Besarian fighters. I've tested it twice today and everything went fine.

Make sure the following missions (jobs) are completed and do not say failed:

Destroy System Lord Baal's Mothership. After all Goa'uld and Besarian ships are destroyed go to the planet Hebridan. (failure is not an option-repeat mission if says failed)

and

Destroy all Goa'uld & Besarian Ships in the Hebridan system. When all enemies including Baal's ship are destroyed, go to the planet Hebridan (Failure is not an option-Repeat if Failed)

After completing both these missions you'll need to go to the planet Hebridan and Enter the Site Center to activate the next mission.

I've included a picture attachment of what this should look like when you press V in-game.

Possible reason(s) for the next mission not occuring:
(1) still have Besarian fighter(s) that need to be destroyed to complete one of the jobs.
(2) maybe left the Besarian system. Sometimes when a player leaves a system for awhile then the ships will disappear from the current battle and will trigger a failed after time has elapsed. (happens in stock game too)
(3) Need to go to the planet Hebridan site center to activate next mission after completeing the above 2 missions.
(4) one of the 2 missions (jobs) listed above are not completed.
(5) alteration of the credits through a cheat (please do not circumvent and alter the credits. It will mess up the mod.)

The most likely reason I think would be to see if there are any Besarain fighters left to destroy. Then the mission box will pop-up and tell you to go to the planet Hebridan. Did you get the mission box pop-up that says to go to the planet Hebridan?

I've played the Stargate Mod completely 2 times with no cheats and had no troubles and tested each job multiple times when making the mod. I am not saying that it's perfect since I am human myself. I know I didn't get all the out of context phrases and spelling even though I proofed eveything and also used spell-check too. Also try and make multiple saves if you run into a failed mission situation, then you will have game restore saves to fall back on.

If this still doesn't help we can force the trigger to occur. This would be the last resort. You could press ~TRIGGEREVENT EVENT GENERAL HAMMOND 13D~ but you should be very carefull of that since it may mess up the credits and you may have trouble with the rest of the mod. I would only use this method if the following mission (job) says failed:
Destroy all Goa'uld & Besarian Ships in the Hebridan system. When all enemies including Baal's ship are destroyed, go to the planet Hebridan (Failure is not an option-Repeat if Failed)

As far as the graphics go, my main pc is adequate to play any games I have. It is far from new. It has a single processor and decent graphics card. I have not had any trouble with any other games I own including Oblivion. But with Starfury I will get invisible ships/planets, etc. sometimes. It happens in the SF stock game too. My guess is that it's something in the SF game-engine. If a person was to have the SF source code they might be able to improve it. I really don't know for sure. So I just roll with it and when a ship is invisible, I pretend that it's cloaked.

I've included a picture attachment to show you what the Mission box display should look like. Enjoy the mod and keep me posted on how it's coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SF Stargate Hebridan Mission Box.JPG
Views:	603
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	7630  
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM

General

I think I've found the problem that flubs the whole works. I played again from the start, and when you return the military treaty to the Aschen it does NOT trigger the event. They agree to show up & fight the Goa'uld, but the mission stays on your list and doesn't get removed until it times out & fails. If you enter the Revanna system with this event not yet expired, it causes all sorts of weird things to happen. If I just wait for it to expire, then enter the Revanna system, things work much better. I should point out that "better" is from a technical standpoint only. It's actually impossible to destroy Anubis flagship so it's not a fun scenario.

BTW, all of the ships you are given to work with have too few slots. Please add some slots to all of them.
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:44 AM

Corporal

If you use the cheat to warp to through the systems then that may cause a problem. When I've played, I had no problems with that since I travel through the systems. Maybe you have a new form of engine propulsion. Just kidding. As far as the Anubis battle, it is possible to win. I have won. It may not be real easy but use your resources, fighters repair components, your speed and manueverability. With the ship slots, I have to set a reasonable limit or the player's ship will become a "superman" of a ship. Remember speed and weapons range is your friend. If you have trouble with the Anubis battle, reload from a previous save and try again.
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM

General

Well, many of these missions have a too short time limit. The very first one, for example. You can't get to the system and destroy the death gliders before it times out. You must use warpmap to get there in time to complete the mission. I don't recall how many jumps are involved in the Aschen treaty mission but I might have used the cheat there. I got ambushed, though, so I don't think I missed any events.

BTW, the Aschen system still shows as 'neutral' on the sector map (green) while the Tollan, who refused an alliance, show as blue. Something not edited right?

Also, the Aschen gave me a sample Blister beam at first visit, but they actually used Rupture beams when they showed up to fight. Another missed edit? Haven't seen any 'Blister' beams since that first one, and I've scavenged a lot of Aschen wreckage. Got some nice Plasma Torpedoes out of it.

I managed to defeat both Anubis and Apophis by heavy use of fighters. I even scoop up dropped Aschen fighters and use those. Carriers aren't very smart in this game, they just charge right into close combat & get stomped. Maybe something in the AI could be tweaked?

About the slots: How about separate 'crew' slots over to the side then? You could make a special slot type for only those crew objects. That way, they wouldn't be usable for regular components. But you'd get several more useful slots on the ship itself.