Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 8th, 2014, 03:21 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tigers

Well I just had to try that one out in-game. Pitted a platoon of M3A3 Stuarts vs. a single Tiger in dense terrain but good visibility. Result: I lost a Stuart, but then the Tiger was quickly driven off. I spent around 10 turns trying to shoot it in the side/rear, but only managed one * worth of damage. Finally I sent one of the Stuarts in front of it and the Tiger surrendered.
Old April 8th, 2014, 02:11 PM

Corporal

PvtJoker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastava128 View Post
Well I just had to try that one out in-game. Pitted a platoon of M3A3 Stuarts vs. a single Tiger in dense terrain but good visibility. Result: I lost a Stuart, but then the Tiger was quickly driven off. I spent around 10 turns trying to shoot it in the side/rear, but only managed one * worth of damage. Finally I sent one of the Stuarts in front of it and the Tiger surrendered.
That's pretty funny. You pounded the Tiger crew into submission with repeated non-penetrating hits. IRL, it would probably require you to immobilize the Tiger first in order to get the crew to surrender.
Old April 9th, 2014, 04:27 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtJoker View Post
That's pretty funny. You pounded the Tiger crew into submission with repeated non-penetrating hits. IRL, it would probably require you to immobilize the Tiger first in order to get the crew to surrender.
Well IRL the crew wouldn't go driving a Tiger into the woods without some sort of support... The game really punishes you for not supporting your tanks, and I like that.

Also, it made me appreciate the Stuart even more. The combination of good speed and the sheer volume of fire it can dish out is quite impressive for a light tank.
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road

Even the humble Stuarts can hurt a lot of German stuff, if they manage to get flank shots. It is the return fire that they have trouble handling.

A couple of my Stuarts once had a close range encounter with a lonely Panther (ausf D probably) that emerged from behind some buildings and exposed its flank. After a shot or two of op-fire, the Panther ended up being immobilised, with the crew too surprised to provide any effective return fire. However, as my turn started, I decided that it was safer for the Stuarts to pull back to safety and call for reinforcements before the Panther crew realised what was going on.
Old June 9th, 2014, 02:55 AM

Private

Exiled Penguin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtJoker View Post
Well, maybe the 1 * of critical damage was turret ring like on Tiger 131 they got in Bovington

Volume of fire can often replace penetration, at least in driving enemy back, had a similar experience when trying out 45mm battalion guns (basically a test "what if I created another weapon with full HE range..." That's another story), stopping few Pz IIIs with a large volume of long-range 45mm HE. Stopped them for two turns and gave me time to move my precious 57mm guns to bear...