.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Corporal

BigDuke66 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Feedback Scenario 269 - Westerplatte Crew of Death

Hi
Just played this scenario and thought I might give a bit feedback.

1. As far as I know there were 3 not 2 armored cars, they were called "Sudetenland", "Ostmark" and "Saar".
You can see the "Sudetenland" in this video starting at 4:23:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnLEDt0wNc

2. Not sure what the dragon teeth's are there for around the post office I'm not aware that the streets around it where blocked by anything, maybe because it would be to easy for the Germans to attack the post office but I doubt that as being so close to infantry in a building usually gives the opportunity to assault that vehicle. Also don't forget that the Polish AI will sometimes fire into the city to support the post office so no need to bolster its defense further.

3. The Westerplatte area of the map might need a bit rework, at least when I look at some maps, also the position of some Polish units(guns for example) might need to be adjusted:

4. The effectiveness of the "Schleswig-Holstein" should be tuned down a bit, as far as I know its fire wasn't so effective because of the short range and the flat impact of the shells the didn't have an impact on the underground defense positions.
I wonder if at totally different approach would work here, just make small island at the position of the the "Schleswig-Holstein" and put artillery in it so the field of fire would be more realistic, maybe in a bunker or so to simulate the armor of the ship or else it could be targeted by Polish forces. This could also be the place for lighter weapons, looking at some movies about its actions it seems that the AA guns of the ship also fired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrF5D0udkJQ
Sorry quality is bad but I couldn't find anything better.

Last edited by BigDuke66; May 6th, 2013 at 12:27 PM..