Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Those rifles are used in eight units, So sorry you're disappointed. This seems to be the "great patch BUT...." release.

I have no idea what you are referring to by "No 5 inch gun Naval Gunfire Support from C.2023" is supposed to mean, MAYBE the reasons some of these "concerns" of yours were passed over is because they are vague and unclear and SERIOUSLY...... the ONLY difference between an SA80 and whatever else you would use there is the name.....in game terms zero

The Brit OOB is Andys baby in any event.

I did think it was a great pity Andy described the Type 26 Frigate as a "back of a napkin" idea, but then this is a land warfare game, and I assumed he really was genuinely confused with the Type 31 Frigate (that will not end up with a mere 76mm gun).

One of the reasons for Armoured Infantry Companies getting an extra IFV is that Warrior 2000 will only have 7 dismounts, not eight.

The extra pair of 81mm mortars is simply due to UK Defence cuts allowing this: Disband five infantry battalions and you have an extra 30 X 81mm mortar tubes you might as well use, only needs a few more men.

Last edited by IronDuke99; March 3rd, 2017 at 10:55 PM..
Old March 3rd, 2017, 10:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

So you STILL don't explain what "No 5 inch gun Naval Gunfire Support from C.2023" is supposed to mean....and you wonder why things were put off or ignore for now. I worked weeks on the OOB's...nearly 100 pages between the two game but miss a couple Brit units and we're a big disappointment

The IS a 5inch naval gun and unit in the OOB but it was renationalize as NOBODY presented a coherent answer about when it may or may not be in service so it went in as a placeholder until the unit was commissioned ...whenever that might be
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

Last thing why can the Crab Air (RAF) C-130 Hercules carry more than the A400 Atlas that is actually a much bigger aircraft and the reason that British SF have got Crab Air to hang on to some C-130 Hercules for covert air drops?
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:04 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke99 View Post
Quote:
Those rifles are used in eight units, So sorry you're disappointed. This seems to be the "great patch BUT...." release.

I have no idea what you are referring to by "No 5 inch gun Naval Gunfire Support from C.2023" is supposed to mean, MAYBE the reasons some of these "concerns" of yours were passed over is because they are vague and unclear and SERIOUSLY...... the ONLY difference between an SA80 and whatever else you would use there is the name.....in game terms zero

The Brit OOB is Andys baby in any event.

I did think it was a great pity Andy described the Type 26 Frigate as a "back of a napkin" idea, but then this is a land warfare game, and I assumed he really was genuinely confused with the Type 31 Frigate (that will not end up with a mere 76mm gun).

One of the reasons for Armoured Infantry Companies getting an extra IFV is that Warrior 2000 will only have 7 dismounts, not eight.

The extra pair of 81mm mortars is simply due to UK Defence cuts allowing this: Disband five infantry battalions and you have an extra 30 X 81mm mortar tubes you might as well use, only needs a few more men.
I will bother with the 5 inch gun when we actually have some ships with such about to enter service.

As to the other ideas, you can discuss those in the OOB forums.

But they would need new formations, passengers in some cases, etc. And all of that means a new AI pick list, which is not a trivial item at all.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
So you STILL don't explain what "No 5 inch gun Naval Gunfire Support from C.2023" is supposed to mean....and you wonder why things were put off or ignore for now. I worked weeks on the OOB's...nearly 100 pages between the two game but miss a couple Brit units and we're a big disappointment

The IS a 5inch naval gun and unit in the OOB but it was renationalize as NOBODY presented a coherent answer about when it may or may not be in service so it went in as a placeholder until the unit was commissioned ...whenever that might be
So far as I know first Type 26 Frigate, with 5 inch gun, will be with the RN in 2023. As always this is the most up to date and well informed naval website I know. http://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/

You will notice, I hope, I said not a word about Boxer 8X8 APC's, because UK MOD is going through a farce about these right now that will do nothing whatever but make them later in service and more expensive, ie, totally typical MOD...

Last edited by IronDuke99; March 3rd, 2017 at 11:16 PM..
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You ask that question because you only think you understand the game. This is newbie 101

The limit the numbers the game can use is 255 but 1 indicates a vehicle or aircraft can carry a gun..... a 2 indicated it can carry A VEHICLE and if an aircraft can carry a vehicle it is limited to 55 "passengers"..... the Atlas was set up the way it is so it can carry the larger paratroop load and the hercs can carry any vehicles that are applicable otherwise we would have had two aircraft with the same 255 capacity

OK?
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
You ask that question because you only think you understand the game. This is newbie 101

The limit the numbers the game can use is 255 but 1 indicates a vehicle or aircraft can carry a gun..... a 2 indicated it can carry A VEHICLE and if an aircraft can carry a vehicle it is limited to 55 "passengers"..... the Atlas was set up the way it is so it can carry the larger paratroop load and the hercs can carry any vehicles that are applicable otherwise we would have had two aircraft with the same 255 capacity

OK?
You lost me, sorry. In reality a Atlas can carry a lot more than a Hercules. odd, but does not worry me since if I'm doing a para scenario it does not include the drop, certainly not in MBT or, for me, in WWII either. I really think the maps in this game after the update are 100% better than ever.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
So far as I know first Type 26 Frigate, with 5 inch gun, will be with the RN in 2023.
Se we are a "disappointment" because we didn't put a frigates gun in that MIGHT.....MAYBE......be put into service...if you are lucky and the British goverment doesn't decide "austerity" in the best option and it's put on hold... near the very end of OOB....Tell me....how many 2023 battles do you play and is this going to turn into one of those..."You have the Armata in" arguments
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:

OK?
You lost me, sorry. In reality, an Atlas can carry a lot more than a Hercules. odd, but does not worry me since if I'm doing a para scenario it does not include the drop, certainly not in MBT or, for me, in WWII either. I really think the maps in this game after the update are 100% better than ever.
OK enlighten me..... at what point did I lose you? The Herc is set up to carry vehicles so get a '2' to start and that only leave '55'before you hit the game limit. The Atlas may be able to carry more than the Herc but the Herc been in the OOB since 1967 set up as 255. When we added the Atlas it was decided since it's bigger it should carry guns and men up to 99 and why it's 199.....99 men is the limit any aircraft or barge can carry in the game because 1xx means it carries guns and 2xx means it carries vehicles and if it carries vehicles it can only carry 55 men because 255 is the highest number allowed in that data field
Old March 3rd, 2017, 11:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

Most of the MBT games I play are around 2020-25. Great having the Armata in, I can use it or not.

I really like this game, just the not knowing what lies ahead makes it better than 90% of others. All the work the main people who run it do is extraordinary and brilliant. I salute them.

Inaccuracies annoy me and I try to weed them out, just the damn way I am. Please don't take it to heart.

All the best!